What's new

BSF warns Pakistan Rangers of retaliation

deckingraj

Reaction score
Country
India
BSF warns Pakistan Rangers of retaliation

After a series of rocket attacks in Punjab, the Border Security Force has warned that future incidents of hostile fire could invite calibre-for-calibre retaliation across the India-Pakistan border.

BSF Deputy Inspector-General of Police Mohammad Aqil informed his Pakistani counterpart, Colonel Mohammad Kamran, of India’s decision at a flag meeting held at Attari in Punjab on Monday.

Pakistan’s border police, the Rangers, claimed the attack was carried out by non-state actors over whom they had no control, government sources told The Hindu. However, the sources said, the BSF responded that it was the Rangers’ responsibility to prevent hostile actions — and India would be left with no option but to retaliate if it failed to do so.

India’s warnings came days after rockets were fired across the border late on the night of January 8, hitting fields around the villages of Attari, More and Atalgarh. A fourth shell landed on the BSF’s Border Observation Post at Kangarh, but failed to detonate.

The attackers fired 122-mm rockets, likely from improvised platforms fabricated using metal plates and the jacks used to replace truck tyres. BSF sources said the attacks had likely been preceded by reconnaissance carried out by Pakistani nationals despatched across the border.

In July 2009, suspected jihadists fired four 107-mm improvised rocket-assisted mortar shells across the India-Pakistan border. Three landed in India, while one exploded near a Rangers post facing the village of Pul Kanjari. In September 2009, 107-mm shells hit fields around the villages of Atalgarh, More, Rattan Kalan and Attari.

Each of the attacks, BSF ballistics experts believe, came from near the village of Gopal Singh Wala, which lies along an anti-tank ditch running along the border. The headquarters of the Satluj Wing of the Pakistan Rangers is located just a km from Gopal Singh Wala.

Following the September attack, Pakistani media sources said the head of the Gopal Singh Wala mosque was detained by the police on suspicion of having harboured jihadists.

Mohammad Khalilullah, a Tehreek-e-Taliban leader held by the Lahore police in December 2009, told the Pakistani authorities that the jihadist group had been planning to attack the flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah, which draws hundreds of visitors. Khalilullah was arrested from a safe house at Manawan, near the border.

The Hindu : News / National : BSF warns Pakistan Rangers of retaliation

******************************************************************************************************************

I think very fair comments by BSF...Even if this is the work of Non-State actors one cannot simply take hits without acting against them...If Rangers have no control on the non-state actors then let BSF handle them....Not sure how Pakistani members would take this...becuase typically these kind of warnings are labeled as war mongering....

Cowards! They always believe in playing double game. If you want Kashmir and really have the courage then declare a proper war. If not then prepare for a proper war, then even enemies would respect you. These girly tactics of infiltration and creating an atmosphere of turmoil in the region proves what kind of state of mind the Pakistani establishment has.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buddy no need to use offensive language...Since these are early days for you i would suggest to read more and learn a more effective way of sharing your POV without being offensive to anyone...

Cowards! They always believe in playing double game. If you want Kashmir and really have the courage then declare a proper war. If not then prepare for a proper war, then even enemies would respect you. These girly tactics of infiltration and creating an atmosphere of turmoil in the region proves what kind of state of mind the Pakistani establishment has.

Bit bit Bindu, talk the talkings but who is gonna walk the walkings.
yad yad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buddy no need to use offensive language...Since these are early days for you i would suggest to read more and learn a more effective way of sharing your POV without being offensive to anyone...

There is nothing offensive in my language. Cowards can only be called cowards. Besides, I did not direct that to the citizens of Pakistan but the establishment of Pakistan, which so shrewdly wants to play this double game. And I am not sure what you mean by early days for me...are you having the feeling that I am a novice...just by my date of joining this forum? FYI I know all the ways to present my point of view, your suggestion is superfluous.

There is nothing offensive in my language. Cowards can only be called cowards. Besides, I did not direct that to the citizens of Pakistan but the establishment of Pakistan, which so shrewdly wants to play this double game. And I am not sure what you mean by early days for me...are you having the feeling that I am a novice...just by my date of joining this forum? FYI I know all the ways to present my point of view, your suggestion is superfluous.

I did not mean to say that you don't know how to put up your POV however you certainly need to know how this forum works and that's why said "Early Days"... As far as Cowards goes how would you react if someone say Indian Military is cowardly??? Would you say that hmmm they are just saying it to the establishment and thus i should not be bothered???

B/w it is the same cowardly establishment that have been the agressor(atleast from Indian POV) in all the wars that we have fought.... Hope you get my point.....

I did not mean to say that you don't know how to put up your POV however you certainly need to know how this forum works and that's why said "Early Days"... As far as Cowards goes how would you react if someone say Indian Military is cowardly??? Would you say that hmmm they are just saying it to the establishment and thus i should not be bothered???

No you are not making much sense. If Indian military does something that is coward in nature...I would be the amongst those who would not hesitate to call it coward. But here it is not the Indian military/establishment in question.

B/w it is the same cowardly establishment that have been the agressor(atleast from Indian POV) in all the wars that we have fought.... Hope you get my point.....

And did the results of those aggressions not compel them to change their war tactics? Which is what India is seeing in the form of infiltration and terrorist activities.

Now I hope you get my point.

Since we are going into argumentive mode i will stop...I just gave an advice and you are wise enough to take it or throw it....Here are my views on your reply....

No you are not making much sense. If Indian military does something that is coward in nature...I would be the amongst those who would not hesitate to call it coward. But here it is not the Indian military/establishment in question.

You missed the point....What you call being coward is attributed to what India did in 1971...Anyways i don't think it was cowardly act but why to use such statements if it can cause flame??? Secondly it is easy to say that I would be the first one to call Military Establishment coward if they do something like that but you very well know how high regards we have for our Defense Forces...May be you can may be you can't but majority certainly cannot...So use your words carefully(i am not saying to hesitate in sharing your POV but use words carefully)

pakistan want kashmir freedom -if u want proper war so come on- most welcome-

SO would you like us to use the tactics your cowards are using in Afghanistan.

Pakistani Rangers are providing fire cover to infiltrators so that they can cross the border easily...that's their age-old tactics

SO would you like us to use the tactics your cowards are using in Afghanistan.

Care to elaborate on this? In the meantime, you should know that India has no ill-intentions against its neighbors, but Pakistan's intentions are well known as it ogles Kashmir every now and then. It is evident from Musharraf's statement, who called the infiltration in Kashmir as "freedom movement". It is beyond doubt that some section of Pakistani establishment is involved in anti-Indian activities directed towards not only its military but ordinary citizens.

The idea Indian people have about the intentions of their establishment is far more clear than the idea Pakistanis have about their establishment, who confuses them with false information and unduly provokes them against India.

Pakistani Rangers are providing fire cover to infiltrators so that they can cross the border easily...that's their age-old tactics

Exactly, its been on since mid-90s. But how come general Pakistani people would come to know about this?

Also, each year infiltration rises significantly in winters, because the condition makes it very tough for vigilance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom