What's new

Bruce Riedel: Military Aid is bribe to Pakistan Army

What else is there left to say. There used to be a time when I madly respected the armed forces. I didn't want to hear any criticism against the armed forces. I even got many bans for defending the armed forces. I initially became a member of pakdef.info, pakistanidefenceforum and later on defence.pk just to show respect to our armed forces. It is all gone to shit now. What Bajwa has done is simply unforgivable. This man has given the armed forces a bad rep. I wonder if we can ever repair this terrible image.

Last edited:
No lie detected. They will even bend over if you show them $.

What else is there left to say. There used to be a time when I madly respected the armed forces. I didn't want to hear any criticism against the armed forces. I even got many bans for defending the armed forces. I initially became a member of pakdef.info, pakistanidefenceforum and later on defence.pk just to show respect to our armed forces. It is all gone to shit now. What Bajwa has done is simply unforgivable. This man has given the armed forces a bad rep. I wonder if we can ever repair this terrible image.
It's over after what Hafiz is doing, people of Pakistan will never forgive this army, its irreparable now.

I doubt they will ever work for India even if Indians offer them a bundle
They've been working for India from day one pro bono...Indian populace has just realized it and are now napak Army's biggest cheerleaders.

So a strategic question arise : who is in control of our nukes ?
CENTCOM chief...ever wonder why a nuclear state can bomb another nuclear state for a decade and get no reaction...

Emotionalism combined with jahaluth - these are the two cancerous traits that predominate the Pakistani DNA and it is these two traits that will destroy Pakistan and nothing else.

For the longest time, Pakistan has given khujlee to likes of Riedel and his kind who have reigned death and destruction upon vast areas of developing world without showing even a little sense of remorse.

For Americans, Pakistan has been an area of concern for the following reasons:

1. Pakistani atumee program

2. Pakistan's relationship with China

3. Pakistan's unacceptance of Indian hegemony

4. Pakistan's championing of Taliban perhaps even at the expense of Pakistan's own interest.

None of the policies listed above could have been implemented if they had not been championed by the army. The only civilian leader that was on board with the strategic goals listed above was ZAB. Both BB as well as NS were/are gora tuttoos and would rolled back the policies had they ruled for long enough.

Americans, while aware of threats posed by Pakistan, chose to look the other way when there was common interest such as during jehad against Soviet Union and during GWOT.

With the rise of China, American policy has undergone a strategic shift. Conflict with Russia has bought the situation to a boil. Since the fall of Berlin Wall, Sam has gotten used to being the big daddy. But with the rise of China, Sam is finding the stage too crowded. Like good old days, Sam wants the limelight only on itself.

Pakistan is collateral damage in the fight between global powers. To hurt its enemy, America wants to destroy viability of Pakistan as a nation state. The other benefit this policy will serve is that by weakening Pak, Americans will strengthen India which is being propped up as counterforce to China.

In the past, we could have counted on the army high command to counter enemy moves. Unfortunately, thanks to Sharif, army has been turned into Punjab police consequences of which we see today.

Khan however deserves greater share of the blame because (i) he did not anticipate American reaction to his independent foreign policy(ii) he gave extension to American tutoo/Nawaj appointee - Bajwa. In Khan's defence, he was dealing with COVID so his failure can be excused. But a statesman would have handled the situation better.

Anyway, past cannot be undone. We have to move forward. Belatedly, Khan has recognized importance of the army for Pakistan's wellbeing. But current high command is compromised and has to be purged. I am not sure if civilians can do the needful. Solution has to come from within the army.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I'm an Imran Khan supporter however, I know for a fact that if the current Army leadership were to enter into the parliament house and take over and put the scum of PDM behind bars, all those barking against the army on these pages will suddenly see them as their darlings.
Don't the Americans give military aid to the likes of Israel, Japan, South Korea and to West Germany in the past to do its dirty laundry but Pakistan being a Muslim country and the only nuclear Muslim power and not always playing the ball will obviously be mentioned without much affection. And what to say about the Pakistanis who are always ready to jump on the band wagon.

is this the same shameless American so called expert idiot , who once claimed 40% of Karachi port is in the hands of Pakistani Taliban . WTF!!! I only see a jealous old bold guy spilling out his internal hate they lost Afghanistan

Don't the Americans give military aid to the likes of Israel, Japan, South Korea and to West Germany

Will the Israeli, Japanese, S. Korean or German Army remove their elected Government for a few dollars?
Have these Armies ever done a military coup? There is a big difference between these Armies and N@pak
Fouj-noon.

I think the real deal is having a free hand in the maters of 100% narcotic Taliban, 100% sanctioned Mollas, and 100% money-laundering Sheikhs. The US aid is not even peanuts compared to these....

*On a single day 500m $s was recovered from a checkpoint on the Afgan-Pak border. Officially, 70% of the fuel used in Pak are smuggled.

Back
Top Bottom