What's new

Brownouts in India cause massive growing pollution, worse for environment

Time to cut all fossil fuel subsidy and divert the subsidy to renewable energy. I have been wanting to install solar panels on my house, but all the vendors are quoting prohibitive price, because the domestic solar market is not mature yet. Although there are some incentives to if you were to setup your own plant and feed the grid, but nothing really attractive for the domestic sector.

Time to make the subsidy switch.

I heard you can get subsidy for installing solar panels in your house.

I heard you can get subsidy for installing solar panels in your house.
Technically yes, you can get subsidy through UNEP or your respective State Renewable Energy Agencies, but the recovery of the costs is still almost 20-30 years. Battery costs are significant in solar installations these days.

There has to be a electricity buy back program from the govt where you can 'sell' the excess energy during day time to the grid, which eliminates the requirement of expensive batteries. This would reduce the cost recovery period to 5-10 years which is more reasonable in my opinion.

Check this source for world's most polluted countries. Surprisingly both India & China is not in the top 10.

News Headlines

1. Mongolia
2. Bostwana
3.Pakistan
4.Senegal
5.KSA
6. Egypt
7.UAE
8.Iran
9.Nigeria
10.Kuwait

All the Asian countries are ranked below 100 out of 132 countries....except Sri Lanka
There is not much difference especially between India, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh....
Therefore all Asian Countries should be worried about this......but it seems that ONLY Indians are worried.....

55 Sri Lanka

106 Russia
115 Bangladesh
116 China
120 Pakistan
125 India

2012 EPI :: Rankings | Environmental Performance Index

Check this source for world's most polluted countries. Surprisingly both India & China is not in the top 10.

News Headlines

1. Mongolia
2. Bostwana
3.Pakistan
4.Senegal
5.KSA
6. Egypt
7.UAE
8.Iran
9.Nigeria
10.Kuwait

I have not seen a country with air pollution as bad as Mongolia, one bad night was like taking two ciggs with every breath, actually I would rather take a cig lol

Back
Top Bottom