What's new

British Pakistani Singer receives death threats for supporting Palestine.

American Pakistani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
One Direction's Zayn Malik receives death threats after tweeting ‘#FreePalestine’
The British-Pakistani boy-bander caused a firestorm after posting the pro-Palestine message Sunday night. His tweet, and backlash, comes after fellow celebrities Rihanna and Dwight Howard tweeted then deleted the same hashtag.

BY Chiderah Monde

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, July 28, 2014, 12:30 PM

zayn-malik-300x225.jpg

One Direction singer Zayn Malik weighed in on the Israeli-Palestinian crisis by declaring his support for one side over the other with the tweet "#FreePalestine."

The British-Pakistani boy bander, 21, who is also Muslim, received both praise and backlash from fans on opposite sides of the Gaza conflict after posting the tweet Sunday night.

Some angry social media users even went as far as suggesting Malik kill himself, while others have accused him of being anti-Semitic. Many One Direction fans took to Twitter-warring with each other.

Malik's message received over 150,000 retweets, and has been "favorited" just as many times.

While he is the first One Direction member to voice an opinion on the polarizing issue, Malik isn't the first high profile celebrity to comment.

zayn-malik-direction.jpg
@zaynmalik via Twitter Zayn Malik of One Direction tweeted '#FreePalestine' on Sunday. The message went out to his 13 million followers.
Selena Gomez caused a firestorm after posting an Instagram message July 18 which read, "It's about humanity. Pray for Gaza."

"Please pray for those families and babies today," she captioned the photo. "Please always remember what's important in life. It's not any of this. We are here to help, inspire and love. Be that change. #wearethenextgeneration.”

"And of course to be clear, I am not picking any sides," she added. "I am praying for peace and humanity for all!"

The 22-year old singer refused to take down her neutral post despite backlash — as some fans took her message as pro-Palestine, but Malik appears to be more deliberate about his stance.

Almost 24 hours later, his tweet remains on display for his 13 million followers.

Other celebrities who appeared to choose the same side — like Rihanna and basketball player Dwight Howard — quickly took down their "#FreePalestine" tweets.

176571643bd00030-world-prem.jpg
Ian Gavan/Getty Images for Sony Pictures Zayn Malik (second from left) is the only member of One Direction to weigh in on the conflict in Gaza.
Rihanna called her posting a "mistake," taking it down after eight minutes, and later wrote that she hoped for a "peaceful end to the conflict."

Howard also called his tweet a mistake and apologized for having “offended anyone.”

One Direction's Zayn Malik receives death threats after tweeting ‘#FreePalestine’ - NY Daily News

why not people condemn hamas? the whole conflict of israel and palistan is a creation of hamas

Even though Hamas wasn't in existence until the 1980s, lmfao.

Why did you call him British-Pakistani in the title? He's pretty famous. You could mention his name instead.

if not for hamas, the issue between israel and palestinie would have long resolved.

Judging from the sentiments of a group of posters here and on other threads, the threats may have come from Ziondians. He was not targeted for what he posted on tweeter (he did not say free Kashmir), but because his parents hail from Pakistan. Ziondians hatred for Muslims in general (don't have courage to admit openly for millions work in ME countries) and Pakistanis in particular knows no boundaries.

When in School, I could really never fully understand or appreciate the two nation theory, but meeting up with ziondians and watching them spewing poison against Muslims and Pakistanis, made me fully understand the necessity of Pakistan.

Last edited:
if not for hamas, the issue between israel and palestinie would have long resolved.
really??? would Israel ever leave the occupied land captured during 1967 war? I doubt that, and if not then this will never be resolved. Israel is occupying Palestinians land and that is the main cause of all the mess.

Britain is owned by the Jewish Rothschild dynasty, so no surprise. They were very instrumental in creating Israel.

In fact there Is a Rothschild boulevard in Israel of course named after them.

really??? would Israel ever leave the occupied land captured during 1967 war? I doubt that, and if not then this will never be resolved. Israel is occupying Palestinians land and that is the main cause of all the mess.

I remember Israel spokesperson saying they would never go back to pre 1967 border. And clearly Palestine is the weaker state here so they must accept it and try to live peacefully with Israel.

Judging from the sentiments of a group of posters here and on other threads, the threats may have come from Ziondians. He was not targeted for what he posted on tweeter (he did not say free Kashmir), but because his parents hail from Pakistan. Ziondians hatred for Muslims in general (don't have courage to admit openly for millions work in ME countries) and Pakistanis in particular knows no boundaries.

When in School, I could really never fully understand or appreciate the two nation theory, but meeting up with ziondians and watching them spewing poison against Muslims and Pakistanis, made me fully understand the necessity of Pakistan.

Really?? So thats why there are more muslims in India than your nation? And BTW< if you didn"t know< India has a population of over a billion> Don"t generalise on the basis of a few posters on PDF> By that logic whole of Pakistan is LEJ and TTP

Arabian country is responsible for this....Anyway to off topic..One direction is a Pain in the a$$ band!!:whistle::whistle:

why not people condemn hamas? the whole conflict of israel and palistan is a creation of hamas

Israel Palestine conflict dates back before 1948. And Hamas was formed much later. Modern day Hamas was a product of the 80's.

Go figure.

You see my dear Indian friend, I feel like a broken record, I've said before too, too many of you think you know a lot more about certain topics than you actually do.

Really?? So thats why there are more muslims in India than your nation? And BTW< if you didn"t know< India has a population of over a billion> Don"t generalise on the basis of a few posters on PDF> By that logic whole of Pakistan is LEJ and TTP

True dat.
20130407.gif

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 19
No, it's far older than Hamas. Do your research.

By the way, getting rid of Hamas won't change anything, in fact, it could end up far worse for Israel if Hamas ends up disbanding. There is going to be a power vacuum, and simply put, the only group that is capable of filling that void is not Fatah, but the group "Islamic Jihad" who're the second largest group in Gaza. Right now, Hamas is the only one keeping even more radical groups from coming to power.

That's not to mention that Israel would end up having to occupy Gaza once again in order to keep it stable, on top of the fact that this would pretty much kill a two state solution altogether.

As for condemning Hamas, people are, but the problem is that no one is condemning Israel for using clearly made up, or lame excuses for the death of civilians. Let me remind you, out of the 1200 dead, over 800 are civilians, and if we were to accept Israel's excuse of human shields being used, I highly doubt that over 800 Palestinians were used as human shields. A few incidents seem plausible, but when the bodies start piling up, you have to question the excuses that're being thrown around.
===

Anyways, I'll reiterate, this has been a diplomatic disaster for Israel, there's even less support for Israel's offensive globally than there ever was before the conflict even began.

Back
Top Bottom