What's new

#‎BREAKING‬ VIDEO: ISRO - Indian Space Research Organisation launches its first indigenous space shu

Actually, that isn't when problem when you are working & investing time & money on some good things.
How long scientists worked on gravitational waves?
Humanity is working to study universe from beginning, scientists are searching for extraterrestrial life from long ago.
ISRO worked on cryogenic engine from 80s & succeeded recently.
ISRO is working on Avatar from 90s & I think in reality project started after 2003-04 will take another decade & half.
What is the difference between avatar and this space shuttle demonstrator?

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that SCRAMJET all about? An air-breathing rocket engine?

If I am not wrong, I think that is going to be tested in one of the several phases.
Yes you are correct. A scram/ramjet breathes oxygen but has no capacity to store it.

This isn't just air-breathing but air-harvesting. It means it will carry hydrogen and harvest oxygen as it ascends and STORE it NOT use it. At least that is what I understand of the concept. To store the oxygen to be used later by the craft.

Fair warning: Propulsion isn't my area of expertise. I am just greatly intrigued by this concept.

What is the difference between avatar and this space shuttle demonstrator?
I believe this and all other subsequent RLV-TDs are testbeds for the eventual Avatar spaceplane and are part of the same program.

Indian%2Bspace%2Bshuttle.jpg

2c33.jpg

5c330.jpg
3c33.jpg
asb2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom