What's new

BREAKING: Pakistan row,India considers proposal to manufacture F-16 fighter jets under Make in india

Status
Not open for further replies.
ON different notes, what would be Pakistan;s response in case F-16 are going to be manufactured in Indian?

There is F18, SU35 and then the Turkish and Chinese options too. (F18 simply being the grown up version of F16 with twin engines require relatively very small training upgrade for the already existing pool of F16 pilots in PAF)

What Pakistan has mastered with F16 is agility and with the advancing pace of electronics in China and I am sure they can get the SU47 Berkut project out of grave again...wishful thinking but anything is possible in war and business..

Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut (Russian: Су-47 БеркутGolden Eagle) (NATO reporting nameFirkin[1]), also designated S-32and S-37 (not to be confused with the twin-engined delta canard design[2] offered by Sukhoi in the early 1990s under the designation Su-37) during initial development, was an experimental supersonicjet fighter developed by Sukhoi Aviation Corporation. A distinguishing feature of the aircraft was its forward-swept wing[3] that gave the aircraft excellent agility and maneuverability. While serial production of the type never materialized, the sole aircraft produced served as a technology demonstrator prototype for a number of advanced technologies later used in the 4.5 generation fighter SU-35BM and currentfifth-generation jet fighter prototype Sukhoi PAK FA T-50.

if it takes you 15 years to negotiate the deal for fill very urgent requirement of fighter jets, we can chill for a minimum of 30 years for you to negotiate F-16 manufacture, btw by the time you start making them in india, we would be celebrating 20th year of F-16 retirement from service with PAF.

Forty years to get a prototype from the drawing board into the air with 70% imported components and still the specs are not final!

View attachment 293872

Well the news is probably fake.. Its a hit job surely.. Bcz sentiments are against USA suddenly, some company wants to kill its competitors ..

I am betting Saab has put this up smartly.. So that it in effect scuttles the F16/F18 idea completely..

Notice here the 2 things.

If its about USA why mention Saab discreetly in last paragraph and in the info graphic..

Notice that mentioned other jet is EF a twin engined Rafale competitor versus single engined Saab and F16..
So its clear who is behind this paid news..

As for F16 in India.. It brings no technology rather I am sure whether its Gripen or F16 both will kill LCA program.. So we cannot be thinking about any single engine fighter from abroad.. a big NO... Light category is LCA Tejas.. GOI should make it clear once and for all..

The news reaction from my side can be gauged with few gifs like these below
View attachment 293873
The idea of India buying F16s

View attachment 293874
We warning against buying F16s and if we still buy then...

and lastly

View attachment 293875

F16IN will make us have a fake impression of a fake well built healthy body.. It failed MMRCA contest... that should be enought to throw 16/18s both out..

If GOI wants to talk seriously for EF City as i said few days back about MII bid by EF especially with Germany and UK backing it then its a counter to Rafale MII and put pressure...

Anything from frontline USA be it F16/F18 or F35, its a disaster for India sureshot..

@Abingdonboy @Vauban @Taygibay @MilSpec @randomradio @Picdelamirand-oil @cerberus @anant_s

What if USA wants to shift its production line in India, which have cheaper labour cost, and fairly well aerospace industry to make space for the F-35 in large number in short time, to lower the production cost. F-16 with upgradation like F16-V could serve for the international market, not necessary Indian market, with Repair, overhaul, and support from India.

What if USA wants to shift its production line in India, which have cheaper labour cost, and fairly well aerospace industry to make space for the F-35 in large number in short time, to lower the production cost. F-16 with upgradation like F16-V could serve for the international market, not necessary Indian market, with Repair, overhaul, and support from India.

Good thought.. You want a Line in india for specific Export purposes due to benefit India gives... Then the first question to ask is how much is the export potential for either 16s or 18s? What benefit India gets from facilitating such a production line?
An example suppose some countries needs new upgrade kits for their F16s.. take an example PAF F16s.. Are you sure PAF will approach a unit based out of India for their front line jet use? It will cause complications of epic proportions for any country which will have trust issues with India.

A jet like 16s support services, repair, MRO etc wont be feasible unless we are also a prime customer giving them a domestic market wise demand for all such activities,,,

Moreover Bro, 16s are now pretty old inspite of robust tech upgrades... They can do well for max 2 more decades... The timeline beyond it is very difficult for them..

if u r implying that f-16 is better then rafele,you are either blinded by nationalism or dont know much about aviation.
it's also formidable that HAL could churn out 100 units of F16 block60? I think IAF desperately need more squadrons? I say scrap Tejas( F16 is much better than Tejas. Tejas could only satisfy bruised ego but has no value add in real scenario)and go for bulks of F16 IN. Rafale is too expensive to operate and maintain in large number.T50 is even more expensive, won't come in near future. If I were Parrika, I go for F16 in assembly line.

Indians are not good at planning and long term strategy making. They more emphasize face rather than pragmatic efficiency.

Grippe is too small a platform to induct.

Such kind of desperation of foreign companies and love is really difficult to understand. I mean india is not at war with China that such tech will be pouring in from west. For Pakistan, india already has enough weapons. However, it is a cause of concern for Pakistan if such things happen and Pakistan has no other option but to go for make in Pakistan option vis-a-vis Chinese jets.

it's also formidable that HAL could churn out 100 units of F16 block60? I think IAF desperately need more squadrons? I say scrap Tejas( F16 is much better than Tejas. Tejas could only satisfy bruised ego but has no value add in real scenario)and go for bulks of F16 IN. Rafale is too expensive to operate and maintain in large number.T50 is even more expensive, won't come in near future. If I were Parrika, I go for F16 in assembly line.

Indians are not good at planning and long term strategy making. They more emphasize face rather than pragmatic efficiency.

Grippe is too small a platform to induct.

How do you scrap something that's in production now?

Forty years to get a prototype from the drawing board into the air with 70% imported components and still the specs are not final!

The aerospace wing that designed LCA didnt exist 40 years, where do you people constantly get your figures?

You'd be surprised how little control Modi actually has over military planning and acquisitions. His only real role is to accept or deny proposals based upon suggestions from his military advisers, much like Obama.

You are contradicting yourself.

You are contradicting yourself.
That's not a contradiction. Modi's only real role is to give a stamp of approval. The ones to decide what the military gets and doesn't get, belongs to India's military planners that include the defense ministry and high ranking military officials.

That's not power, that's called being a yes man.

That's not a contradiction. Modi's only real role is to give a stamp of approval. The ones to decide what the military gets and doesn't get, belongs to India's military planners that include the defense ministry and high ranking military officials.

That's not power, that's called being a yes man.

In democracy leaders are elected not for their military knowledge but for their decision making skills and their track record for implementing their policies. It is not Modi's job to know what the military needs but for professionals and he makes his decision based on advisers and cabinet. His decision to buy Rafale off the shelf from French was one of them.

In democracy leaders are elected not for their military knowledge but for their decision making skills and their track record for implementing their policies. It is not Modi's job to know what the military needs but for professionals and he makes his decision based on advisers and cabinet. His decision to buy Rafale off the shelf from French was one of them.

He is just disappointed Modi is not a dictator :lol:

Only in India ( 's media )!
I suggest a new slogan : MBII.

Make Believe In India.
Incrazyble!
Tay.

Butt Hurt ? :coffee:

And how does any of that contradict anything I said? In fact, you just made my point for me.

Next time you want to argue, actually think about what you're arguing first.

NEW DELHI: Even as controversy has erupted on the transfer of eight F 16s to Pakistan by the US, Delhi has been considering a proposal to manufacture thefighter jetsunder the 'Make in India' initiative.

In several recent meetings, including a high-level interaction in November last year in Washington, the aircraft have been offered for local production - both to meet Indian requirements and for exports.

TheLockheed Martin(LM) manufactured F 16 is one of the several fighters that has been proposed to be manufactured in India and is being actively pushed by Washington, senior officials told ET. It is also understood that LM had even raised the possibility of local manufacture during the meeting of one of its top executives with Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year.

make-in-india-deals-on-the-table.jpg

India has showed its displeasure at the recent decision by Washington to transfer eight of the Block 52 variants of the fighter to Pakistan. It is still unclear on what impact this would have on proposals to manufacture US origin jets in India - defence giant Boeing has also shown keen interest in building F/A 18 Super Hornet fighters under theMake in Indiaplan.

The offer to make the F 16 in India was for a more advanced variant of the fighter that is being sold to Pakistan and was termed as the F 16 IN Super Viper. The aircraft was in contention of the now scrapped medium multirole combat aircraft contract for the Indian air force but was disqualified on technical grounds.

Besides the F/A 18 Super Hornet and the F 16IN Super Viper, the Indian government is considering at least two more proposals to make fighter jets in India. One offer on the table is from Sweden's SAAB to transfer the Gripen fighter line to India. Another is a proposal by Airbus to create a 'Eurofighter City' in India that would produce its Eurofighter jet and generate thousands of jobs.

Amid Pakistan row, India considers proposal to manufacture F-16 fighter jets under 'Make in India' - The Economic Times
all that for 8 F-16s lol

makes sense for India.by the time finalises its "consideration" we wont be buying these jets anymore

For god sake it's just 8 jets!!! not 100's of 'em tm log to dil pe hii legye relax neighbours :disagree:
from funny to pathetic behaviour.
ROFL they are willing to set up a plant to make these jets because we got 8 of them HAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom