What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Canada’s Population Grows by Over 1 Million for First Time!!!! (Annual expansion of 2.7%)

A lot of this is true (with some caveats).

Unfortunately the demoKKKrats of the earlier/not-so-earlier era couldn't help themselves and let rise a thoroughly degenerate fellow like LBJ at a crucial inflection point....to add to the damage "progressive"-autocrats like Wilson (at least before his wife ran everything) and FDR had already done. Each one a long story by itself.

The massive expansion of federal govt was thus greatly accelerated (stripping away state and local govt balance in the process - that are key to your "something for everyone, every budget, ethnicity, political leaning) and on top a bad habit was formed in that era regarding big war mongering + reckless intervention by the "federal govt at all cost" as well.

Hence we now have a totally recklessly sized federal govt with its unnecessary sized flypaper that has caught the cavalcade of other big govt degenerates over time to add to the demokkkrats that started this process (most unfortunately from largely sympathy vote from the assassination of last good democrat that was Kennedy).

i.e folks like the neo-cons, neo-marxists and corporatist weathervanes who absolutely smack their lips at what oversized unaccountable sized (and now largely debt fuelled) federal govt can do.... having now made the very core concept of the federalist papers null and void entirely by their ad-hoc intersectional approach united only by power for powers sake.

What you enjoy right now (the buffet on offer by having federal structure and checks and balances to ensure federal govt is kept at a minimum and focused size for its actual key purposes) is literally from what has been able to endure and survive even with what LBJ set into motion and has since been expanded and exploited to the degree it has.

i.e America would have been far better than it is today without this big Fed govt expansion into fiscal rooms and the bleed over of that into war rooms from the precedent established in the inflection period.

If great society was to work, it should have come state by state to see what worked and why (given the more local a politician is, the more easy and directly they can be hell to account compared to some federal DC stiff).....but you see autocrat-kleptocrats dont care about any of that....and they have long gotten their way at great damage now being done both to potential and actualisation.

Just like that senile useless clown or any of his jackass party (and many of their equivalents in the pachyderms) dont actually pay the slightest attention or care to what the CBO has been saying a long time now about the fiscal cliff of non-funded but commited liability in the road the fed govt is on.

If the US is able to actually understand this and reverse course and shed its federal govt size (and it will come with some pain)....it will do far better and with low risk.

Otherwise this is a managed descent in many ways...waiting for some crisis that brings high risk to the whole.

I am not surprised no one here wants to unpack and talk about these issues....everyone just prefers to make believe things are going to keep going awesome if they are insulated enough.

Here's another one:

1680215599303.png

I guess if you are typical boomer you just get to be insular as all heck and dont really care about fellow DC lib boomers kicking the can on the CBO warning there either.

Literal zero understanding that there simply arent babies being born (especially after all the abortion) to have a benefits driven social security structure (rather than simple contribution driven).

France is literally a small sample of whats to come.

They are about 200% of GDP there on unfunded liability...hence reason Macron trying to address some small part of that.

The US is about 700% on it.

Just kick the can!

i wonder even if its only for that health care system why not more American try to migrate to Canada ?
Americans do immigrate to Canada through legal channels..few decade ago when Quebec tried to re-issue Health cards they found out something around 60,000 health cards that were not renewed..all were forgeries ..I had heard stories about buses full of American citizens coming to Canada to get free health care using these cards and buy super low cost prescriptions drugs on their way back because they could not afford in the astronomical US prices...Computers and interconnected databases put an end to all that..but now Canadians who payed all those taxes have to line up behind new Syrian and Ukranian immigrants to get to see a doctor..Canadain tax payers always end up the losers..:undecided:

i wonder even if its only for that health care system why not more American try to migrate to Canada ?
from my experience chatting with them, the younger ones usually have the “just don't get sick” mentality and the older ones prefer moving to the south for the warmth

I had heard stories about buses full of American citizens coming to Canada to get free health care using these cards and buy super low cost prescriptions drugs on their way back because they could not afford in the astronomical US prices..
in the movie Love & Other Drugs they show that

Free healthcare is only good on paper. If you start living here you will realize how dysfunctional it is. The only time free healthcare is good is if you have some minor illness, in which case you go to the nearest clinic to visit a general practitioner its all free, they give you a prescription and its all done or if you have a potentially terminal serious illness which is very expensive to treat, in which case you get bumped up the ladder on the waiting list. Anything in between and the wait times are alarming. It takes upto 6 months to get an appointment for simple tests like cat scan or mri. and wait times for elective surgeries(surgeries required for cases where the problem is not terminal but still compromises quality of life) can be upto 3 years. Most canadians who can afford it just go to the nearest american city to get these tests and for elective surgeries, often travel to asia.

Back
Top Bottom