What's new

BREAKING: Manchester Arena blast - Several dead after explosion at concert

Arefin007

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Greater Manchester Police have said there have been a "number of confirmed fatalities".

People attending a pop concert by Ariana Grande fled the stadium after hearing the noises, which Twitter users have described as sounding like gunshots.

Emergency services have rushed to the scene.

One Twitter user wrote: "Honestly worst night of my existence. Just kept running from Manchester Arena for my life."

Greater Manchester Police tweeted: "Police responded to reports of a serious incident at Manchester Arena. Please stay away from the area."

Thouands of concert-goers rushed out of the Manchester Arena after the loud bangs

Emergency services rushed to the scene
Speaking to MEN, eyewitness Sasina Akhtar said she saw young girls screaming and wih "blood on them" after the loud bangs were heard.

She said: “She did her last song, we were in the lower tier and there was an explosion behind us at the back of the arena.

“We saw young girls with blood on them, everyone was screaming and people were running. There was lots of smoke.”

Concert goers and people near the area also took to Twitter to report that "loud bangs" and an "explosion" was heard in the aftermath.

One person tweeted: "The explosion happened 30 seconds after Ariana got off stage in Manchester Arena, so terrifying."

Another Twitter user posted: "Just been at Manchester Arena and heard a massive bang, saw smoke and everyone just started running and screaming."

And one person wrote: "Just heard a huge bang from Manchester arena?! Seen loads of people screaming and running out from my balcony?!"

Matt Ledger, 19, who was at the concert with two friends, told Express.co.uk: “We were at the arena and we heard a huge bang.

“Kids were crying, mums were picking their kids up and running for the exits - there were people lying injured and being trampled on as everyone tried to get out.

“The bang made everyone shake.”

944121.jpg

Suzy Mitchell, 26, who lives opposite the venue, said a huge bang rocked the venue.

She said: “ just heard a huge bang from my bed, came out to the front of my apartments (we're on the top floor so have perfect view) and everyone was running away in big crowds.

"The bang was so big I heard it from my room which is at the back of the apartment blocks.

"Currently lots of emergency services going to and from. But can't see anything substantial as of yet except fleeing people and lots of cars."

Images have emerged on social media of concert-goers fleeing the scene
Some reports have suggested the loud bangs may have been caused by a blown speaker.

The noises were heard after the concert finished.

Trainlines out of Manchester Victoria station are currently blocked and emergency services are in attendance, according to Network Rail.

Social media users are reporting helicopters flying overheard as emergency services try to deal with the incident.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/807967/Manchester-Arena-terror-bomb-fears-explosion

Last edited:
Ariana Grande Concert Explosions: 'Number of fatalities,' Police says.

_96167147_hi039644359.jpg

Pic by BBC.

Explosions at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England caused a "number of confirmed fatalities and others injured," police said late Monday.

"Two loud bangs" were reported at approximately 10:45 p.m., just after the concert had finished. The cause of the blasts was not immediately confirmed.

A spokesman said Grande, who was performing at the arena as part of her "Dangerous Woman" world tour, was "okay" and added, "we are further investigating what happened."

Witnesses described panic as concertgoers rushed to get out of the arena. Video from inside the arena showed people screaming as they made their way out amid a sea of pink balloons. Some on social media initially suggested that some of the ballons had burst, making a loud noise like a bomb.

Concertgoer Sasina Akhtar told the Manchester Evening News that Grande had just finished her last song when "there was an explosion behind us at the back of the arena. We saw young girls with blood on them, everyone was screaming and people were running. There was lots of smoke."

David Richardson, who attended the show with his 13-year-old daughter, told the MEN that he heard two explosions just after the show.

"It was about 40 feet behind us near one of the exits. We just thought it was people messing about then it happened again. Another explosion sounded. Then we saw the smoke. Everyone just fled."

Majid Khan, 22, said she heard a "huge bomb-like bang that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena."

"Everyone was in a huge state of panic, calling each other as some had gone to the toilet whilst this had gone off, so it was just extremely disturbing for everyone there."

Another witness, Oliver Jones, 17, told Sky News he was in the bathroom when he heard "a loud bang."

"The bang echoed around the foyer of the arena and people started to run," Jones said. "I (saw) people running and screaming towards one direction and then many were turning around to run back the other way. Security was running out as well as the fans and concert goers."

Manchester Victoria station, which is under the arena, was also evacuated, though there were no initial reports of injuries there.

Click for more from SkyNews.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-police-say-number-confirmed-fatalities.html

RiP to the dead and hope they get the culprits

yea my sister just got home about 30 minutes ago. she was at the concert.
she said the blast was nearby it went off twice. she was told by people to quickly exit the building etc.
hope she is alright

RIP
Seems like most victims are teens:sad:
Reporting so far 23 lost lives.

Back
Top Bottom