What's new

BREAKING: Kuwait reduces diplomatic ties with Iran

No, just no.

One of the best things about the United Arab Emirates is that it has one of the freest and most open economies in the world. I hope it stays that way. The UAE shouldn't put any restrictions on any nationality. It's the most meritocratic country in the Arab World, as well as the least discriminatory. These are the qualities that have made the UAE one of the most globalized, economically free, and well respected countries in the world.

I don't want the Emiratis to ruin their country's achievements just for the sake of lowering the number of Iranian expats in cities like Dubai.

And besides, the vast majority of Iranians in the UAE hate the Islamic Republic regime and are pro-Western. The UAE is benefiting greatly from these foreign nationalities, from both an economic and scientific point of view.

Also, the UAE has an excellent surveillance system in the region, second to none. The Emiratis also have some of the largest databases in the Middle East. The UAE is becoming a "smart nation". My point is, the Emiratis have nothing to worry about. They live in one of the safest countries in the world, so there's really no need for them to discriminate against certain foreign nationalities since that would simply backfire on their economy in the long term.

We are not discussing normal expats regardless of whether they are fellow Arabs or non-Arab expats. We are talking specifically about the bad apples and what to do with them. Obviously no country on the planet, let alone in this region, will allow foreigners in concision with a few traitorous locals, to act against the interests of the nation. Like we have seen a few times in Kuwait. Many of the Iranian nationals are Iranian Arabs. It's not about nationality. Fellow Arabs with proven track-records of supporting/voicing support for extremist groups (whatever their sect) are also a danger and they are equally monitored as they should be.

Nobody is going to discriminate. This is not Iran. Especially not if they (Iranian expats) and trade relations with Iran are hugely in favor (trade balance) of the UAE as they have been for decades. Similarly with all other GCC states.

However there should be a limit to the hospitality even if it is economically beneficial. Security comes before everything else especially in challenging times like the ones that we are going through.

So when we going to see SAUDI ARABIA attack Iran and end this headache once and for all

We really got tired of this skirmishes we want to see some actions like we see in Yemen

Another Hazm operation against the FURS ALMAJOOS.

kuwait_flag_140213.jpg

Kuwait has decided to shut down Iran’s cultural attaché office in the country and reduce the number of Iranian diplomats.

The reason - Tehran’s alleged ties with a “terrorist group” plotting attacks against the Arabian Gulf state, Arab media outlets reported.

The Arab media suggested that the decision came after 14 suspects linked to the outlawed group namely “Abdali cell” fled to Iran.

Kuwaiti judiciary had earlier charged 25 of its Shia nationals and an Iranian with spying for Tehran and the Lebanese Hezbollah movement.

azernews

CC: @Kuwaiti Girl
Some reports are saying that the 14 suspects are still hiding somewhere in Kuwait.

If they really did escape to Iran, then it's as though they are indirectly admitting that they were indeed Iranian/Hezbollah agents.

Kuwait is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. It has sleeper cells of every stripe. The country is filled with people who are more loyal to Iran than to the Gulf Arab region, people who are more loyal to Turkey than to the Gulf Arab region, people who are more loyal to Islamist / Muslim Brotherhood factions than to their own country, people who are more loyal to ISIS/Al-Qaeda than to their own country, etc.

It's a mess. Kuwait needs to get its act together before it's too late.

Also, it's time for the Kuwaiti government to monitor every activity that takes place in the farmlands of Al-Abdali and Al-Wafrah. This isn't the first time we've heard of suspicious activities in those areas. Many Kuwaitis used to claim that those areas were used as militant training grounds for groups such as Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc. The problem is that these claims sounded very far-fetched many years ago and weren't really taken seriously. In fact, most Kuwaitis used to joke about it. I guess the joke was on us all along!

No, just no.

One of the best things about the United Arab Emirates is that it has one of the freest and most open economies in the world. I hope it stays that way. The UAE shouldn't put any restrictions on any nationality. It's the most meritocratic country in the Arab World, as well as the least discriminatory. These are the qualities that have made the UAE one of the most globalized, economically free, and well respected countries in the world.

I don't want the Emiratis to ruin their country's achievements just for the sake of lowering the number of Iranian expats in cities like Dubai.

And besides, the vast majority of Iranians in the UAE hate the Islamic Republic regime and are pro-Western. The UAE is benefiting greatly from these foreign nationalities, from both an economic and scientific point of view.

Also, the UAE has an excellent surveillance system in the region, second to none. The Emiratis also have some of the largest databases in the Middle East. The UAE is becoming a "smart nation". My point is, the Emiratis have nothing to worry about. They live in one of the safest countries in the world, so there's really no need for them to discriminate against certain foreign nationalities since that would simply backfire on their economy in the long term.

The Iranian community in the UAE could simply do the same back-stabbing that the Palestinians did to Kuwait after 1990 invasion (I bet you know the bitterness that Kuwaitis still feel today about how they underestimated the risk of the Palestinian domination over their country).

Persians are your friends, with a lot of taroof and taqiyyah, until the right moment comes. The UAE did ban Qataris from travelling to it. Persians aren't supposed to be treated any better, although mind you, I have only asked for some stricter bureaucratic and legal measures, not a total mass expelling of them.

We are not discussing normal expats regardless of whether they are fellow Arabs or non-Arab expats. We are talking specifically about the bad apples and what to do with them. Obviously no country on the planet, let alone in this region, will allow foreigners in concision with a few traitorous locals, to act against the interests of the nation. Like we have seen a few times in Kuwait. Many of the Iranian nationals are Iranian Arabs. It's not about nationality. Fellow Arabs with proven track-records of supporting/voicing support for extremist groups (whatever their sect) are also a danger and they are equally monitored as they should be.

Nobody is going to discriminate. This is not Iran. Especially not if they (Iranian expats) and trade relations with Iran are hugely in favor (trade balance) of the UAE as they have been for decades. Similarly with all other GCC states.

However there should be a limit to the hospitality even if it is economically beneficial. Security comes before everything else especially in challenging times like the ones that we are going through.
Obviously if you're a security threat then you gotta go. No country will tolerate security threats, but we mustn't punish any nationality because of the actions of a few rotten apples.

I just hope the UAE preserves its economic freedoms as well as its globalized/cosmopolitan identity. These are the things that helped transform the UAE into a middle power / regional power. The Gulf Arab states should follow the UAE model in order to empower themselves and avoid becoming vassals of Iran or even Turkey for that matter.

I like the UAE's East Asian-style / Far Eastern-style meritocracy as well. I hope the other GCC states replicate the UAE's meritocratic system as well.

IRAN: State media says Kuwait gave the Iranian Ambassador 48 hours to leave the country.

IRAN: State media says Kuwait gave the Iranian Ambassador 48 hours to leave the country.

That's correct. Finally, the Kuwaiti leadership believed the warning messages about Iran’s potential terror operations within Kuwait itself. It is too early for egalitarianism in our part of the world. Iran, its government, and its citizens are the last ones to deserve it. Idealism doesn’t pay the rent. See the difference below between the smile and words, and the actions on ground.

The Iranian community in the UAE could simply do the same back-stabbing that the Palestinians did to Kuwait after 1990 invasion (I bet you know the bitterness that Kuwaitis still feel today about how they underestimated the risk of the Palestinian domination over their country).

Persians are your friends, with a lot of taroof and taqiyyah, until the right moment comes. The UAE did ban Qataris from travelling to it. Persians aren't supposed to be treated any better, although mind you, I have only asked for some stricter bureaucratic and legal measures, not a total mass expelling of them.
I don't really think Kuwait has benefited from its decision to expel the Palestinians though. I mean, it's not like Kuwait has climbed up the cultural or scientific ladder ever since the government decided to put huge restrictions on the expat communities. In fact, Kuwait has stagnated significantly since the 1970s and 80s. And besides, it's not really a good example to compare Dubai's Iranian community to the Palestinian community of 1980s Kuwait since Kuwait in those days was pretty much the equivalent of modern day Qatar. What I mean is that Kuwait had a highly politicized Palestinian community. The country hosted many Palestinian militant leaders, etc. That was a huge mistake.

The UAE is nothing like that. This applies to Qatar more than it does to the UAE. The Iranian community in Dubai isn't militant or politicized or anything like that. Most expats in Dubai are ordinary citizens who chose to live there precisely because of its openness.

The country that will most likely suffer from its expat communities is Qatar, not the UAE.

Think about it. Qatar hosts hundreds of Taliban lunatics, Hamas lunatics, Muslim Brotherhood lunatics, Hezbollah lunatics, etc. Qatar is the country that needs to fear its expat population, not the UAE. The UAE, on the other hand, mostly hosts liberal, open-minded, pacifistic and non-politically-aligned expats.

I don't think the UAE has anything to worry about with regard to its Iranian community. On the contrary, I think the UAE is lucky in that its expat population is, on the whole, better educated and more forward-thinking than the expats of other GCC countries, especially Qatar.

So when we going to see SAUDI ARABIA attack Iran and end this headache once and for all

We really got tired of this skirmishes we want to see some actions like we see in Yemen

Another Hazm operation against the FURS ALMAJOOS.

Why does Iran not finally attack KSA instead of using/claiming to use a few Arab Shia proxies from your country among others? After all it is Iran that wanted to spread it's "Islamic Revolution" (Wilayat al-Faqih) in the region as even stipulated by the Iranian Constitution. It was past Iranian leaders (Khomeini - all claiming Arab ancestry interestingly) that were very vocal in removing monarchs in the region, secular rulers and everyone that did not share the worldview of Khomeini.

Anyway you are the tiny and thankfully dying minority in Iraq that would sell his own country to please those Wilayat al-Faqih drones that you follow as holy cows. Unfortunately for you Kuwait is not made up by people with such a worldview hence anti-state activities are not tolerated as clearly seen.

I don't really think Kuwait has benefited from its decision to expel the Palestinians though. I mean, it's not like Kuwait has climbed up the cultural or scientific ladder ever since the government decided to put huge restrictions on the expat communities. In fact, Kuwait has stagnated significantly since the 1970s and 80s. And besides, it's not really a good example to compare Dubai's Iranian community to the Palestinian community of 1980s Kuwait since Kuwait in those days was pretty much the equivalent of modern day Qatar. What I mean is that Kuwait had a highly politicized Palestinian community. The country hosted many Palestinian militant leaders, etc. That was a huge mistake.

The UAE is nothing like that. This applies to Qatar more than it does to the UAE. The Iranian community in Dubai isn't militant or politicized or anything like that. Most expats in Dubai are ordinary citizens who chose to live there precisely because of its openness.

The country that will most likely suffer from its expat communities is Qatar, not the UAE.

Think about it. Qatar hosts hundreds of Taliban lunatics, Hamas lunatics, Muslim Brotherhood lunatics, Hezbollah lunatics, etc. Qatar is the country that needs to fear its expat population, not the UAE. The UAE, on the other hand, mostly hosts liberal, open-minded, pacifistic and non-politically-aligned expats.

I don't think the UAE has anything to worry about with regard to its Iranian community. On the contrary, I think the UAE is lucky in that its expat population is, on the whole, better educated and more forward-thinking than the expats of other GCC countries, especially Qatar.

Why does the small GCC states, in particular Kuwait and Qatar, not just focus on improving their own countries rather than like Qatar have wet dreams that fail miserably? You don't see small, rich and stable European countries sandwiched between larger ones (like Kuwait, Qatar etc.) such as Luxembourg, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland etc. try to accomplish impossible dreams that will only backfire.

Kuwait should invest in education, infrastructure etc. That should be the priority. Nobody is going to attack Kuwait as long as KSA is around let alone the US.

Qatar will be dealt with eventually in this regard. Don't you worry. An increasingly smaller amount of people tolerate such nonsense going on. The hugely negative publicity that Qatar has gotten of late and will continue to get runs contrary to their dreams of appearing like an enlightened state that is interested in art (look which family bought the most expensive paintings in history, the museums - very impressive btw, hosting international sports events etc).

Actually the pressure from across the world on combating terrorism should continue and this will deal with such policies from every troublemaker in the GCC, official or not. It will eventually benefit the GCC more than anything.

Qatar's double play will not succeed. There is no doubt about that. The world has changed to such a degree that even the most convinced Islamists in the region understand that there is a problem within their ranks.

Why does the small GCC states, in particular Kuwait and Qatar, not just focus on improving their own countries rather than like Qatar have wet dreams that fail miserably? You don't see small, rich and stable European countries sandwiched between larger ones (like Kuwait, Qatar etc.) such as Luxembourg, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland etc. try to accomplish impossible dreams that will only backfire.

Kuwait should invest in education, infrastructure etc. That should be the priority. Nobody is going to attack Kuwait as long as KSA is around let alone the US.
It's the nouveau riche syndrome, in my opinion.

Qatar should've learned from Kuwait's mistakes but it didn't. We could've been like Brunei, Singapore, Macau, Hong Kong and many other wealthy countries that focused on building soft power and economic spheres of influence on a global stage instead of playing with fire.

I guess Qatar always wanted to imitate Kuwait lol.

Mind you, in the 1960s though 80s, Kuwait was literally just like modern day Qatar. It meddled in the Omani civil war and sided with the Dhofar communist rebels against the Omani government, even though Iran and Saudi Arabia were both supporting the Omani ruling family. It supported the communist South Yemen government against the Imamate of North Yemen, which was backed by the Saudis. It meddled in the Lebanese civil war and sided with the PLO, which as you know angered many Shias in Lebanon and led to the Hezbollah hijackings of several Kuwait Airways flights in the 80s. And worst of all, Kuwait stood with a mass murderer in the form of Saddam.

I guess the only thing Qatar learned from Kuwait was the importance of having a US military base before deciding to play with fire lol.

Anyway you are the tiny and thankfully dying minority in Iraq
We are tiny while we are 65%of Our country population!!!

Diyng how who killing us you or your terrorists is that mean you support them?.

would sell his own country to please those
All the world know very well who sold country to whom and what for!!!

While we gave our kids lives to free and keep our country United our grand father fought for Iraq while yours fought for the Brits.

We are tiny while we are 65%of Our country population!!!

Diyng how who killing us you or your terrorists is that mean you support them?.

All the world know very well who sold country to whom and what for!!!

While we gave our kids lives to free and keep our country United our grand father fought for Iraq while yours fought for the Brits.

Stop trying to hide under Shia Islam. You know that sect which originates in modern-day KSA (Hijaz) and where from 99,9% of all its most important religious and historical personalities were born in modern-day KSA or originally from modern-day KSA by ancestry. Ironically similar to most Southern Iraqis, including your supposed family (Shammar).

You know very well that I am talking about and that I don't differentiate between Arabs regardless of sect. For me an Shia Saudi Arabian (whether Twelver, Zaydi or Ismaili) is as dear to me as a Sunni from Tabuk. Similarly in Iraq, an Shia Basrawi is the same in my eyes as an Sunni from nearby Al-Zubair. You can go and play those games with non-Arabs here.

:lol:

You should study which country was an British colony and which never was a Western colony. BTW those that fought for the Arab nation enabled your most recent forefathers to become independent. Don't ever forget that.

As for what I meant, well, you know this very well as you are the prototype of it and yes you are a tiny minority in Iraq (you would be spat at if you disclosed your views in public) which is why you don't live in Iraq but the US!

Both your links quote Iran's Tasnim news. That's why I asked if you could provide me a non-Iranian source of this news as I have not seen anything about any Iranian fisherman being killed by Saudi Arabian coastguard.

I am saying that this IRGC story is not something that derives from KSA news.

All those fishermen, those caught last year, and those caught recently, were released last month.

That commission is several years old and your official clerics statements are well-known and available on Youtube. Everyone can watch them and their comments about Bahrain.

I said that you are fueling the unrest. Of course you do not have the capabilities to meddle in internal GCC matters.

Ok, the entire world is in agreement with me, but let us just say that you are right.

Kuwait too (a country with cordial and normal ties with the Iranian regime despite what is going on) is also making all of those many stories up just because they have nothing better to do. OK. In fact we can conclude that the Mullah's are never wrong or at fault of anything.

Still no evidence ,

Iran Summons Kuwaiti Envoy over ‘Groundless’Accusations

Iranian foreign ministry has summoned the Kuwaiti chargé daffaires to protest against the baseless allegations raised by the Arab country against the Islamic Republic.

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi announced on Thursday that Kuwaiti envoy Fallah Al-Hajraf has been summoned to the foreign ministry earlier in the day over the groundless accusations raised by the Persian Gulf state’sofficials against Iran on a case known as the “Abdali cell”.

During the meeting with Al-Hajraf, an official with Irans foreign ministry rejected the false charges and regretted that Kuwait City is raising groundless accusations against Tehran instead of trying to ease the pointless tensions in the region and exercising self-restraint in reaction to pressures and provocations by regional adventurous sides, Qassemi said.

According to the spokesman, the Iranian official has told the Kuwaiti envoy that the Islamic Republic has nothing to do with the case.

"This [that Iran is not related to the case] had been communicated to Kuwaiti officials immediately after the country started considering the legal case," Qassemi quoted the Iranian official as saying to Al-Hajraf.

During the meeting, the Kuwaiti diplomat was also reminded that the Islamic Republic of Iran has always showed responsible behaviour towards regional states, including Kuwait, during the countrys hard times, he added.

The Iranian official also told the Kuwaiti chargé daffaires that Iran reserves the right to reciprocate Kuwait Citys move and decrease the number of its diplomats in Tehran, Qassemi noted.

Al-Hajraf, for his part, has expressed regret over the recent developments in ties between the two countries and promised to inform Kuwaiti officials about the issues raised in the meeting as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom