What's new

BREAKING: Iran successfully launches 1st military satellite into orbit!

QuickMemo+_2020-04-22-17-50-07.png

IRBM very effective IRBM, 425 kilometers above the Earth.
to have proper good ICBM it has to be1200KM from earth.

but this does not mean that we dont have ICBM
You're absolutely right, but we don't know the maximum altitude that this missile can reach. There have been rumors on this forum before that Tehrani Moghaddam was working on a SLV that could put a satellite 1000 kms above the Earth before he died. Qaer bears some resemblance to that. I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just speculating.

Also, the timing of this launch is open to interpretation as well. Why now? I think the chance of a US-Iran conflict is now higher than before because oil prices have reached a historical low and Iran feels it needs new deterrence to prevent a conflict.

interesting... say if it is worth it, we might even see a bigger (say 100kgs) satellite with lower life, lower orbit and better resolution... say a satellite with 1 month of life but waaaay better cameras and optics onboard. If I was in charge, I would certainly look for this option...:-)

Noor will stay up there for years !

Noor will stay up there for years !
agreed. it is not a bad thing. for me, it means it has a higher orbit, considering the light slv we used for it, it must be a small cube sat. so i don't think we can expect legendary resolution of any cameras onboard. if a camera on noor has 5m resolution i would throw a party for everyone in the forum... ;))

my idea was something closer to old spy satellites. you know, lower life, lower orbit... all that jazz.

P.S. I am a fan of smaller satellites on lower orbits that are powered by some sort of Ion thruster and can stay in orbit longer. though this idea is not for current state of technology...

Finally a military satellite!

That’s a strategic leap for the military sector in Iran and the beginning of a new era.

I read that it has remote sensing and telecommunications applications,is that even possible for having this in one relatively small satellite?

Anyways,congratulations and keep up the good work.

Wow! What's very important to note is that this SLV was launched from a mobile TEL! Meaning in theory, Iran could launch military satellites in very short time spans! This is very important as during a conflict, the satellites you already had in orbit could be destroyed.

@SOHEIL what is difference between this launch and other launch ? . Is it two organization working on space program ?

Last edited:
@SOHEIL what is difference between this launch and other launch ? . Is two organization working on space program ?
Previous launches were done by the Iranian Space Agency (ISA) which works under the supervision of the Iranian government, particularly the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies.

This one was done by the IRGC. A military force that works independently from the Iranian government.

Back
Top Bottom