What's new

Breaking: Ballistic missile strikes Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Bashido

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ccording to emerging reports from Yemen, a surface-to-surface missile fired by the Yemeni Army has hit the Saudi capital, Riyadh.

The missile was launched on Sunday evening, and sources in Yemen have described the missile test as successful. It is unclear exactly what missile was used, and casualty figures, if any, are yet to be reported.

Saudi Arabia intervened military in the Yemeni Conflict in 2015, leading a coalition of almost 10 Middle Eastern countries. In October 2016, a Yemeni activist warned that Riyadh was the next target for a Yemeni missile attack.

Update 1: More information has emerged, suggesting that the missile was a variant of a Russian Scud missile, known as the “Borkan” surface-to-surface missile.

Update 2: Sources indicate that the missile struck a military base West of Riyadh, in Mazahimiyah.

Update 3: On social media, a Saudi attempts to cover-up the attack, saying that the sound of the explosion in Riyadh was an earthquake or meteor.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-ballistic-missile-strikes-riyadh-saudi-arabia/

U.S National Security Gen Michael Flynn: 'We Are Officially Putting Iran On Notice' ژنرال مایکل فلین

Breaking: Ballistic missile strikes Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
13951118000068_PhotoL.jpg

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-ballistic-missile-strikes-riyadh-saudi-arabia/

now what Trump the Bullsh@ter .what you do now ?? come on bring on :taz:

now what Trump the Bullsh@ter .what you do now ?? come on bring on
more sanction empty threat or what ??
i can't wait to see U.S National Security Gen Michael Flynn face the loss talk .

ccording to emerging reports from Yemen, a surface-to-surface missile fired by the Yemeni Army has hit the Saudi capital, Riyadh.

The missile was launched on Sunday evening, and sources in Yemen have described the missile test as successful. It is unclear exactly what missile was used, and casualty figures, if any, are yet to be reported.

Saudi Arabia intervened military in the Yemeni Conflict in 2015, leading a coalition of almost 10 Middle Eastern countries. In October 2016, a Yemeni activist warned that Riyadh was the next target for a Yemeni missile attack.

Update 1: More information has emerged, suggesting that the missile was a variant of a Russian Scud missile, known as the “Borkan” surface-to-surface missile.

Update 2: Sources indicate that the missile struck a military base West of Riyadh, in Mazahimiyah.

Update 3: On social media, a Saudi attempts to cover-up the attack, saying that the sound of the explosion in Riyadh was an earthquake or meteor.

@#3 from the link you provided it hardly reflect.. what you call coverup, they clearly seem to write it as missile hit:
upload_2017-2-6_1-4-41.png

that is huge if true
Looks like same missile, which iran tested recently.
Let's see how Islamic coalition react to Iranian mischief.

That's too early to say, so far only couple of local websites are reporting this incident. It's a very big incident to be missed by international media outlets and so far non of them has reported any thing

That's too early to say, so far only couple of local websites are reporting this incident. It's a very big incident to be missed by international media outlets and so far non of them has reported any thing
Yes.. and if you have noticed all the time, at defence.pk we always lead celebration when it comes to destruction of SaudiArabia and deaths of civilians inside its terrirtory, irrespective if those are Pakistanis.

The US instigated the Yemen war to trap Saudi Arabia for the benefit of Israel.
Just one post and one line... say something more!

Yes.. and if you have noticed all the time, at defence.pk we always lead celebration when it comes to destruction of SaudiArabia and deaths of civilians inside its terrirtory, irrespective if those are Pakistanis.

I am a frequent visitor of PDF from many years now, though have joined today. This statement is too vague and very generalized. Members of this forum are most of the time against Saudi Arabia's policies in the region and their involvement in instigation of issues with in Pakistan and for that matter of Iran as well. So, allow me to kindly disagree with you on that.

I am a frequent visitor of PDF from many years now, though have joined today. This statement is too vague and very generalized. Members of this forum are most of the time against Saudi Arabia's policies in the region and their involvement in instigation of issues with in Pakistan and for that matter of Iran as well. So, allow me to kindly disagree with you on that.

Lets focus on celebrations... and keep your eyes open for the next party. It may already be open.
You won't find such anti Saudi party passion anywhere.
Should i keep taging you to the oncoming parties?

Lets focus on celebrations... and keep your eyes open for the next party. It may already be open.
You won't find such anti Saudi party passion anywhere.
Should i keep taging you to the oncoming parties?

If that gives you peace, sure! I have a very strong opinion on loss of life of civilians and innocents, let it be anywhere. So, you don't have to focus on the celebration part but to understand different perspectives. And let me tell you there are lots of kids as well. Which you may know better than me. So, don't take their internet wars on your heart.

As far as I know both USA and Iran claimed the test failed and the Irani tested missile of North Korean origin but this was from a Russian origin.

This is fake news.

The Iranians know better than to start a war with the Saudis, especially when the US just sanctioned them and would likely use their attack as an excuse to invade and dismantle their missile program.

Saudi Arabia and Yemen fight benefits the US and Israel. Muslims kill Muslims.

Yeah if Muslims want to spread Islam around the world then non muslims will use their minds and power to resist their subversion.
Not a Big Deal.

Houthis fire a ‘revenge’ missile at Riyadh
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20170206-houthis-fire-a-revenge-missile-at-riyadh/

A Houthi missile struck a military base in the Saudi capital Riyadh, the group reported last night.

Yemen’s official news group Saba News Agency which has been taken over by the Houthis released a statement by the rebel forces saying the attack was orchestrated “in retaliation to the enemy American puppet that is Saudi Arabia’s continuous bloodshed and besiegement of the Yemeni people”.

It added that the move came as a way to emphasise that Riyadh is within reach of the Houthi missiles.
The missile they used was a Yemeni made Borkan-1 ballistic missile, which is a local variation of a missile previously used by the Soviet Union. It has a range of over 800 kilometres and is designed to hit large military bases.

The missile did not have a war-head and the Houthis said this attack was merely a test, and a show of their capabilities.

Riyadh’s silence
While Riyadh has yet to comment on this issue and it is unknown whether the rocket firing has cause any damage or injuries. Cross border attacks increased after the Saudi-led coalition began its operation nearly two years ago.

Saudi is usually quick to comment when a missile has been intercepted, but its silence could mean that it did not anticipate, nor intercept this attack or the attack did not take place.

Locals in Riyadh did report hearing a “bang” and feeling a tremor, but these were dismissed as earthquakes.

موشک بالستیک برکانYemeni resistance MRBM ballistic missile Berkane-2 range 1000 KM ۲
now what Trump the Bullsh@ter .what you do now ?? come on bring on
more sanction empty threat or what ?? these are not Scud missile all barndnew

Back
Top Bottom