What's new

Brazil signed $5.4 Billion deal for 36 Gripen NG.

Good, that too Gripen NG.

But what about the associated weapons?

Good decisions.

While Gripen is a lethal jet, I am sure the decision came as a personal vendetta from Roussef, after the whole NSA spying story.

Dassault is being too uptight about manufacturing in India, which was the first criteria for our deal.

I think we must also look at Gripen NG and EFTs.

Good decisions.

While Gripen is a lethal jet, I am sure the decision came as a personal vendetta from Roussef, after the whole NSA spying story.

Dassault is being too uptight about manufacturing in India, which was the first criteria for our deal.

why?

LCA Tejas MkII=Gripen NG
Super MKI=EFTs

I don't think you all would be looking to inquire either, EFT lost out to Rafale anyways :agree:

best of luck to Brazil with the Gripen E/F

5.4 Billions for 36? That is 150 millions a piece. o_O Is operational cost included in this figure?

Saab selects AEL Systems as the new supplier for Brazilian's Gripen

painel-do-Gripen-E-600x449.jpg

H S that's expensive for a JF-17 sized fighter.

everything is expensive in Brazil.
the first time buy is always the most expensive.
they want to build at least a 100 of these and maybe even export to other countries particularly in Latin America..

everything is expensive in Brazil.
the first time buy is always the most expensive.
they want to build at least a 100 of these and maybe even export to other countries particularly in Latin America..

this will also include the cost of spares,weapons,training costs etc

this will also include the cost of spares,weapons,training costs etc

Add to that the TOT(by at least 60% of the Swedish gripen technology, the other 40% is subject to approval from parts supplier's home country), licensed production, 100% economic offset, sole rights to sell gripen ng in latin america and be the supplier of some gripen ng parts.
At first glance it would seem that the $5.4B for 36 fighters is expensive, but scratch a little from the surface and we find that Brazil got one hell of great deal.

Back
Top Bottom