What's new

BRASSTACKS: PAF vs IAF in 1987

@dexter thanks for tagging mate,India has never a huge victory over us my father was part of that deployment in Rahim Yar Khan he told me that we slept for six months in desert, we were having firm plane to counter and launch offensive.In 1987 case PRC told us that PRC will stand behind you in any kind of Indian aggression with moral and material,also at that time due to US our navel fleet was better armed with Harpoons.PAF fighters were combined to perform both CAS and AS roles. Pakistan was not afraid but still it was in our interest to not fight because Government was having a new thing for India on cards.

@dexter thanks for tagging mate,India has never a huge victory over us my father was part of that deployment in Rahim Yar Khan he told me that we slept for six months in desert, we were having firm plane to counter and launch offensive.In 1987 case PRC told us that PRC will stand behind you in any kind of Indian aggression with moral and material,also at that time due to US our navel fleet was better armed with Harpoons.PAF fighters were combined to perform both CAS and AS roles. Pakistan was not afraid but still it was in our interest to not fight because Government was having a new thing for India on cards.
What's PRC ?

Ravi Rikhye HAS NOT died

Sundarji was a genius

He was instrumental in turning around Indian Army from being a defensive force
and started an OFFENSIVE doctrine

Sundarji transformed Indian Army from an Infantry driven force to an ARMOUR Intensive
machine
Actually you are right , he brought in the concept of RAPID divisions, holding and strike corps. he was one of the few "thinking Generals " we had.

Back
Top Bottom