What's new

BrahMos Storage Complex Under Construction in Halwara

How would Pakistan know that a missile coming towards Pakistan is nuclear tipped or not? Is it better to assume that once brahmos is launched Pakistan could respond with nuke before brahmos even strike.
India has a no first use policy.

I put up several posts from one of the world’s most renowned nuclear physicists, a Canadian who lectures at US institutions right now. He wrote a detailed write-up on how Pakistan has increased yield many times over. You wouldn’t be believe it but one of these Indian posters, of course he didn’t actually come from a scientific background was arguing against it.
Link?

When push came to shove, they did not even know where PNS/M Saad went, from right in front of them. And kept Port of Gujrat shut for four days trying to locate the threat. But yes, they will enforce counterforce on Pak, at will.

A stupid enemy is even worse.

When push came to shove, they did not even know where PNS/M Saad went, from right in front of them. And kept Port of Gujrat shut for four days trying to locate the threat. But yes, they will enforce counterforce on Pak, at will.

A stupid enemy is even worse.
ISR capabilities are at a nascent stage obviously. But it will improve with each passing year, that's for sure. Pakistan Navy got 3-4 years of breathing space (albeit in this time period too India keep adding P-8I and MPA), because Indian compulsion to add OTH persistent ISR over LAC and LoC. Once that is established, for sure India start improving its naval ISR.

And considering your enemy as stupid is the best thing any enemy can ask for.

ISR capabilities are at a nascent stage obviously. But it will improve with each passing year, that's for sure. Pakistan Navy got 3-4 years of breathing space (albeit in this time period too India keep adding P-8I and MPA), because Indian compulsion to add OTH persistent ISR over LAC and LoC. Once that is established, for sure India start improving its naval ISR.

And considering your enemy as stupid is the best thing any enemy can ask for.
This issue is with the other side, not Pak. And within 4 years, they’d need to keep an eye out for 12 PNS/Ms. Not 3.

P.S. the point was about counterforce, as a nuclear strategy. When keeping an eye on one sub isn’t possible, mustn’t imagine counterforce as a real option unless someone’s a death wish.

This issue is with the other side, not Pak. And within 4 years, they’d need to keep an eye out for 12 PNS/Ms. Not 3.

P.S. the point was about counterforce, as a nuclear strategy. When keeping an eye on one sub isn’t possible, mustn’t imagine counterforce as a real option unless someone’s a death wish.
I am an Indian bud, Are you thinking I faked my flag? I am a Muslim and Indian, and I am on the other side.

And I was pointing out our shortfalls in ISR right now. And it's not a question of 12 or 3, Indian ISR capabilities are added exponentially. And once SOSUS gets activated in the western seaboard, it going to increase our capabilities further.

I am an Indian bud, Are you thinking I faked my flag? I am a Muslim and Indian, and I am on the other side.

And I was pointing out our shortfalls in ISR right now. And it's not a question of 12 or 3, Indian ISR capabilities are added exponentially. And once SOSUS gets activated in the western seaboard, it going to increase our capabilities further.
Yeh, I had not seen the flag. In any case, you keep missing the point, it was about counter-force, not even the US with all of its capabilities is exercising that option against peer enemies. So, yeh, it's an imaginary scenario that will only further destabilize the situation.

P.S. Let's see who gets their 'sosus' first. =)

Yeh, I had not seen the flag. In any case, you keep missing the point, it was about counter-force, not even the US with all of its capabilities is exercising that option against peer enemies. So, yeh, it's an imaginary scenario that will only further destabilize the situation.

P.S. Let's see who gets their 'sosus' first. =)
US and Russia adopted a counterforce strategy since the adoption of MAD.

India has a no first use policy.

Come on Yaar,
That's a load of BS, that policy has no value, even on the paper on which it is written.

A no first use policy is only useful in a policy framework, and it's only value is in it's use as a political tool.
Intentions can change in a heartbeat, capabilities are factual ground realities, to be used for a favourable outcome.

Why would nations make all the effort of developing nuclear weapons, and then say I won't use it, it is ridiculous and no-one believes it in actuality, because no first use policy is meaningless.

Major Indian politicians have made numerous nuclear threats, including we have not built the bomb for Diwali. So please let's not feed the Indian fantasies, because that policy has less value then the crap on my hands after a bowel movement session.

To put it in another way, I walk from the UK to Australia to get hold of a gun, because I feel threatened, having got the gun, with so much effort, I declare that I will not use it unless someone shots me first. Getting shot first means, I'm already dead. So, I will definitely shot to kill when a fight begins.
No first use policy is pure BS.

Come on Yaar,
That's a load of BS, that policy has no value, even on the paper on which it is written.

A no first use policy is only useful in a policy framework, and it's only value is in it's use as a political tool.
Intentions can change in a heartbeat, capabilities are factual ground realities, to be used for a favourable outcome.

Why would nations make all the effort of developing nuclear weapons, and then say I won't use it, it is ridiculous and no-one believes it in actuality, because no first use policy is meaningless.

Major Indian politicians have made numerous nuclear threats, including we have not built the bomb for Diwali. So please let's not feed the Indian fantasies, because that policy has less value then the crap on my hands after a bowel movement session.

To put it in another way, I walk from the UK to Australia to get hold of a gun, because I feel threatened, having got the gun, with so much effort, I declare that I will not use it unless someone shots me first. Getting shot first means, I'm already dead. So, I will definitely shot to kill when a fight begins.
No first use policy is pure BS.

Excellent post.

So please let's not feed the Indian fantasies, because that policy has less value then the crap on my hands after a bowel movement session.

Rather, this policy has far far lesser value, than a used condom, of third grade quality. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom