What's new

BrahMos-A debut drop test from Su-30 MKI scheduled for tomorrow over Pokhran range

Sir what does Bramhos-A and Bramhos-M means in regional theator of South Asia? Is it really hype or it does something significant? @PARIKRAMA

The A version is basically the heavier version which we are incorporating in the 40 SU30 MKI belly. Presumably they are designed for HV targets. Effectively there range is much more than publicized 290km due to earlier MTCR restriction. So we have to go a bit slow and also see to it that such tests are done in a manner which does not raise big eyebrows.

In the M or NG version, the simplification of the size and weight will lead to a increased ability to carry more than 1 missile in multiple aircrafts without a very big structural changes like what is happening now for MKIs. That will lead to more operational convenience. This phase is at least 4-5 years away.

Certain times i have hinted in Rafale sticky and just 2 days back i wrote and deleted one small post. I will say again in gist one small line. India now have access to new generation warheads which does not require any more N Testing. Such small warheads with good magnitude effect in 200 KT + bracket actually changes the whole perception of our delivery systems.

From a regional perspective it enables us to have better stand off ability to deliver what we always said clearly in our N doctrine. With the third leg coming up and with this stand off ability as well, in practical situation, this increases the robustness of our N delivery systems.

The A version is basically the heavier version which we are incorporating in the 40 SU30 MKI belly. Presumably they are designed for HV targets. Effectively there range is much more than publicized 290km due to earlier MTCR restriction. So we have to go a bit slow and also see to it that such tests are done in a manner which does not raise big eyebrows.

In the M or NG version, the simplification of the size and weight will lead to a increased ability to carry more than 1 missile in multiple aircrafts without a very big structural changes like what is happening now for MKIs. That will lead to more operational convenience. This phase is at least 4-5 years away.

Certain times i have hinted in Rafale sticky and just 2 days back i wrote and deleted one small post. I will say again in gist one small line. India now have access to new generation warheads which does not require any more N Testing. Such small warheads with good magnitude effect in 200 KT + bracket actually changes the whole perception of our delivery systems.

From a regional perspective it enables us to have better stand off ability to deliver what we always said clearly in our N doctrine. With the third leg coming up and with this stand off ability as well, in practical situation, this increases the robustness of our N delivery systems.

Bramos A should be at least more than 600km,when dropped from 17000 high

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom