BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Writer: Tarik Jan – Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad

ISBN: 969-448-057-4

Pages: 464 – Including Appendix, Notes and Index

Addition: First Addition published in 1998 and second in 2003

Introduction

Since Pakistan came into being, the marginal number of people left no chance to miss-interpret the historical efforts of Muslims in Hind. And try to mislead the people about the causes and consequences of Pakistan. Such people seek their spiritual idols from the west and try to mislead the people of Pakistan with their self-manufactured and tampered version of Struggle for Freedom.

Make no mistake to identify them and look deeply the issue of conflict between Islamists and Anti-Islamists through this book. The book contains speeches given by many intellectuals including, Janab Khurshid Ahmad, Tarik Jan, Dr. Waheed Qureshi, Khalid Anwar, Dr. Mahmud A. ghazi, Dr. Anis Ahmad. Also, there are Asma Jahangir, I.A. Rahman, Aitazaz Ahsan, and Ms. Shehla Zia.

This collection could be considered as a good sum-up of the issue and gives a very clear direction for knowledge seekers.

Saj

Acknowledgement

Acknowledgments could be many but a few must be mentioned.

First come first, Dr. Safir Akhtar for providing me with Maulana Abdul Haq’s Speeches in the National Assembly and Muhammad Anwar Harith’s Rakht-I Safar, which contains the discarded poems of Iqbal. Salim Mansur Khalid for Dr. Waheed Qureshi’s “Iqbal Ka Tasawar-i t’alim,” Iqbaliat, special issue July-September 1994.

I am also grateful to Dr. Anis Ahmad, Sahibzada Muhibul Haq, and Muhammad Ilyas Khan who helped in the cross-fertilization of certain ideas by their reading of the script. Any institute could be proud of such a rich human material.

Back
Top Bottom