What's new

BMC MRAP won Turkish MRAP tender....

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
BMC Navigator MRAP.... was developed with Hatehof firms...All subsystems including chassis and another components belong to Turkish BMC...

8a2aa41dd25e6fdd4d792ae497ee8a4d.jpg

BMC Xtream

Looks Better than Humvee at least.

MADE IN TURKEY. Nice mann.

Another indigenous Cargo carrier vehicles of BMC won the Turkish Cargo carrier tender... BMC will start producing more than 1800 item vehicles including MRAP's...

--706 item BMC 185-09B 2.5 tonnes
5de25bc7c088a7baa143f7292ea3a20d.jpg

--468 item BMC MRAP

--282 item BMC 235-16 5 tonnes

--403 item BMC 380-26 10 tonnes

Turkey looks set to take off in advanced defence techs. But is Turkey working on long range SAMs, Air to air missiles, Ground and Air borne RADARs or Anti Missile Systems?

Ababeel Brother;

At present, Aselsan is working to develop every type radars including Multi- function phased array radars for TF-2000 AAW frigates until 2016.

Aselsan Roadway for Naval Radars.....

2009- "SERDAR" Coastal watch radar
2011- TIHA-A SAR Radar
2011- Ship watch, Fire control radar
2012- Air defence systems search, Fire control radars
2014- Satellite SAR radars
2016- Multi- function Phased Array Radar...

Additionally, Aselsan has already developed a middile range early warning air defence radar....More longer ranged land radars are on development at Aselsan institues...

Above HSR-1 radar are designed operating with a range of 45 km but Army authorities have managed to lock an aircraft with a range from 90km with HSR-1 during the test phrases at Anatolian Eagle exercises Konya (Secret information ;) ). Serial production has been started...

After the 1:40, You can see the movie of concept design of towed low level air defence system, Aselsan...

Last edited by a moderator:
About Air defence missile systems...

Aselsan and Roketsan have signed an agreements for co-developing these systems.. After that They have prepared an report for SSM authorities about the availability of technology to develop Low- Middile range air defence missile systems. According to report; Both firms claim-want to develop Low and medium level air defence missile indigenously without any foreign subcontactor but SSM give the permission to develop only;

- Developing an low level air defence system completely indigenous without any foreign contactors.

- Developing medium range air defence system work will start indigenously. All systems including radars, shelters, electro-optics and softwares will be developed indigenously but a successful foreign missile will integrate to system. Foreign missiles will be produced in Turkish institues with technology transfer...

Low level air defence system concept design of Aselsan-Roketsan...

-Turkish army required towed systems...

-Mobile system integrated to FNSS Akinci tracked vehicle...

Last edited:
Yet again more potential for cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey. I'm sure that Turkey will become a significant arms supplier to Pakistan.

But is there anything that Pakistan is producing that would be of interest to Turkey?

Yet again more potential for cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey. I'm sure that Turkey will become a significant arms supplier to Pakistan.

But is there anything that Pakistan is producing that would be of interest to Turkey?

Well I believe we are (already) cooperating on a number of things.

• NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) detection, protection and decontamination equipment produced in Turkey;
  • 81 mm mortar ammunition;
  • production of cluster bombs with 300 to 400 bomblets each for different missions;
  • production of precision-guided munitions;
  • stealth technology to lower the radar cross-section of aircraft;
  • detection systems for use against improvised explosive devices;
  • precision-guided bomblets for conventional munitions;
  • turbojet motors;
  • co-operation in the sale and production of 122 mm short- and long-range multiple rocket launcher ammunition (Turkey's Roketsan and Machines and Chemical Industries Board are proposing sales and joint production with Pakistan);
  • co-operation on AB103-104 MK82 fuses to train Turkish military personnel (as Pakistan sold the ammunition to Turkey in 2006);
  • co-operation on producing automated combat manoeuvring instrument systems; and
  • co-operation on early warning suites - including jammers for communication and radar sensors - for CN-235 aircraft.

Turkey and Pakistan will be working together on UAV projects, as well as naval missiles (sea-launched babur project etc.)

I dont have 100% info about it. But I have heard that Koc Company which owns Otokar will be producing tanks using Pakistani Armour. We also have other small things here and there --mortar bombs production, howwitzer/artillery production (we received howwitzer gun from Turkey year and a half ago, my friend worked on that deal)

many other initiatives....

Here in Istanbul, next week the IDEF 2009 defence expo will start and I am going. Expect some pictures (if i am allowed to take them)

Pakistan Aeronatical Complex, Heavy Industries Taxila, Pak Ordinance Factories, and a few private defence companies will be participating.

Back
Top Bottom