What's new

Blast in Quetta kills 84 Shias, injures 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
@American Pakistani where did you get the 40,000 out of 50,000 killed are Sunni figure. Please post a link. My stats reveal at least 20-30% may be Shia or minorities. But these are unconfirmed. Its all speculation unless it comes in a report. Also losses are at 40,000 (they include terrorists)... where did you get 50,000 figure. Do give a source. It might be in a journal or magazine too so you can give that too.

Do not mistake my efforts to learn as incredulity. Just trying to see where the figures come from and whether I can incorporate them into my research.

I can also say that r@p3s in india cannot happen unless supported by RAW/indian army but i would rather request Mods to take action against your continious trolling & derailing. Request to Mods @Aeronaut @WebMaster @ANTIBODY @nuclearpak @Irfan Baloch etc please take action against continious trolling & derailing.

I agree. :agree:
An operation clean up is required. Some Indian posters are just trolling when 80 people just died. Indians are clapping, Pakistanis are dying. Sad times. In the death threats I received a long time ago it was the same thing.

You are trying to imply that I said Pakistan was harboring jundallah and sent them to Iran.I did not say that.You did agree that Baloochestan is an unstable region and I said Jundallah was using that situation.So basically, we are admitting the same thing here, with different word.

Jundullah has regularly targeted Pakistanis. I can give you an example of the jail attack in Karachi. So they have indeed used instability in Pakistan to develop a base and work in conjunction with LEJ sometimes, Pakistan's homegrown anti-Shia group. We should ally with Iran but these terrorists spoil relations. Iran sees us as a US pawn and at times rightly so.

Last edited by a moderator:
the affects of the undeclared war on Islam that began in the aftermath of 9/11 can be seen in afghanistan , iraq , libya , syria , egypt, turkey and pakistan , the enemies of Islam watch with delight as muslim blood gets spilled in all the muslim countries

as for the Shia-Sunni issues , these cannot be eliminated but these can be contained and thats what we must work towards

-_- Only if people were able to understand that religion might not actually be the driving force nowadays. But thats how we, Pakistanis, are brought up. The only thing that needs to be worked on is this, imho.

Reactions: jha
pakistan is chess board for iranian, qatari..saudi..turkish & US & Indian backed secetarian groups. All involved in these killings. complex

@American Pakistani where did you get the 40,000 out of 50,000 killed are Sunni figure. Please post a link. My stats reveal at least 20-30% may be Shia or minorities. But these are unconfirmed. Its all speculation unless it comes in a report. Also losses are at 40,000 (they include terrorists)... where did you get 50,000 figure. Do give a source. It might be in a journal or magazine too so you can give that too.

Sir actually i mean majority died in WOT are Sunnis but i'm not at all denying that Shia brothers are not killed...& no i don't have any link, actually i had post what i had read here @PDF. It will be better if you post the stats that you have. Actually what i mean by that post was that all Pakistanis whether Sunnis, Shias, Hindus, Christians, Hazaras, Tribals, Karachities, Pushtuns, Balochs, etc all are suffering from this terrorism.

I agree. :agree:
An operation clean up is required. Some Indian posters are just trolling when 80 people just died. Indians are clapping, Pakistanis are dying. Sad times. In the death threats I received a long time ago it was the same thing.

Can you elaborate this line please.:what:

pakistan is chess board for iranian, qatari..saudi..turkish & US & Indian backed secetarian groups. All involved in these killings. complex

Sir i don't agree with this but even if you are so sure the question is that what makes Pakistanis so easy to get divided? Isn't Pakistanis including media responsible for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The sectarian demons ( both Shia and Sunni ) are there in Pakistan and they both have their overseas financers , there is no denying this ( Iran and Saudi are both guilty in this regard )
The Sipah e Sahaba, was founded by Haq Nawaz Jhangvi who was assassinated by his Shia rivals , following Haq Nawaz Jahngvi's assassination , Maulana Azam Tariq became the leader for Sipah e Sahaba and he was known for promoting hate against Shia
Azam Tariq was assasinated by his Shia rivals in 2003
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistani Sunni militant killed
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3274693.stm
Interior Ministry officials say they arrested Allama Sajid Naqvi in connection with the murder of Maulana Azam Tariq, a leader of an extremist group from Pakistan's Sunni majority. They did not say how he might have been involved.
Mr Nakvi leads the Shia militant group Tehreek-i-Islami Pakistan, which is one of several organisations banned by President Musharraf on Saturday.
There were wide spread calls for revenge from followers of Azam Tariq against those who killed him, for whatever he was he had a large following, he was 3 times elected as a member of the national assembly and in his constituency he would go around at night to ask for the welfare of his people , in a manner which is narrated as being done by the Caliph Omer (RA)
After Azam Tariq's assassination in 2003 came the Lal Masjid operation in 2007 , for which the word that went around was that there is wide spead shia backing for this operation.
Another factor that has inflamed the situation is that there have been cases in the army where there have been refusals and unwillingness to fight the Taliban on religious grounds and to make up for that in some cases specifically units that have majority ahle-tashi have been used against Taliban as they did not hesitate as much in pulling the trigger
So, we have a bad situation on our hands, they enemy is watching and planning its next move.
In defence of our country, first we have think about how we can put out these fires

Did you intentionally forget to add Sufi and Ahmadia?

Anyway if all belongs to the same religion then why there is targeted genocide of minorities since 1947 specially Shias and Ahmadia??

Why do you always put blame on "others" when issues lies inside Pakistan? The BIGGEST issue is that Pakistan ignores to recognize the real issue and thus issues aggravates.

I said once let me say it again.. Are you all indians are like that? Is there some race between you to show your ignorance from the front line? Why Indians are so duff? If you don't know then STFU, otherwise you can always ask. But showing your stupidity as height of ignorance... Come on...

I told him that there are many people who will blame external factors and call it a conspiracy against Pakistan, instead of blaming their security agencies which are failing over and over again.

Ok, think what ever you want to believe.. But there is no denial in my statement.. It's Indians who are always scared of development in Pakistan, peace in Pakistan. so using such cheap shots.. i.e. Attack on civilians...

Friends:

I have outlined for you a reality that is hard to acknowledge, even harder to digest - we are in a civil war, you can choose to hide from it, but it will not hide from you - You already know what the competing ideas are and you must be clear in your mind where you stand, the civil war will not hide from you, it is building and building, because the ideas involved are absolutely toxic - below is a piece I hope you will read critically:

Narratives on Hazara pogroms
Wajahat S Khan
Monday, February 18, 2013

In less than five weeks, the Hazara of Quetta - one of that city’s original Shia communities - have lost close to 200 of their people. Both the old Hazara stronghold of Alamdar Road, and the newer, more ghettoised Hazara Town, have been targeted in terrible and sophisticated suicide and remote-controlled bombings. The “Jhangvis”, as the Lashkar is referred to by Quettawalas, have claimed responsibility.

For context, the “Changezis”, as they call themselves in honour of that great warrior, Ghengis, who they trace their lineage to, are not cowards. They have fought for and against their neighbours when tensions have spiraled in the past. But this time, the Hazara seem to be surrounded. Not just by the deteriorating capacity of the law to protect them, but also the multiplying and complicated narratives that may or may not help explain the big question: why is their community the eye of that horrid sectarian, political, economic and militarised storm that is Pakistan’s ‘Southern War’ that is headquartered in Quetta?

There are several answers that complicate that question. I’ve just spent my last few days in Quetta, meeting with that city’s civilian and uniformed protectors, as well its victims and villains. In vogue with the contemporary and brief ‘tweet’, here’s an attempt at explaining the phenomenon that is Quetta’s sectarian conflict.

The Punjab-did-it narrative: In uniformed power circles here, the question remains: Why is the LeJ - ‘The Army of Jhang’ - not in the Punjab? Why are there sectarian tensions spilling over in Quetta, Karachi and even Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The answer: The Punjab government may have aligned itself with sectarian elements, or at least reached a ‘truce’ with them, encouraging them to fan out. No evidence is offered for this perspective.

The convert-and-die narrative: Liberals and conservatives, Shias and Sunnis, security and civilian officials, all confirm this: Quetta’s sectarian tensions find their new genesis in the Brahui belt, where there has been a surge of Sunni-to-Shia conversions in the last decade. This has created both communal tensions as well as family feuds. Thus, the LeJ’s foot soldiers in Quetta are largely Brahui-speakers. That means that the Taliban/Pakhtun/Sunni triad that is a common assumption when it comes to Balochistan/KPK sectarian discussions does not hold. There is a new local ethnicity, the Brahui, in the mix, which has created more fractures in a fractured province.

The tough-economics narrative: The Hazara are an organised, educated and disciplined minority in Quetta. They are less than 10 percent of the population (less than 300,000 out of around Quetta’s three million residents), but outperform other groups when it comes to the public or private sectors. They do well, and are thus a threat to other, affected groups in an already deprived province. That’s another reason why they have been targeted.

The people-don’t-talk narrative: For small town where neighbours often know more about each other than they’re supposed to, Quetta’s citizenry is being slammed by investigators and intelligence agencies alike for not helping out as witnesses. The IG Balochistan told me that this is a “Sign of qayamat (doomsday), when nobody knows who murders who or whyHaji Qayyum Hazara, a community elder and chairman of the Quetta Yakjehti Council, shot back, claiming that though it’s the state’s job to do the investigations. He asks why no arrests have been made after the Alamdar Road attack of January 10 when locals actually helped the police put together a secret dossier (that I saw) on the attackers, complete with pictures, addresses etc.

The judicial-process-is-weak narrative: There are at least 68 Jhangvis in Quetta’s jails, and they’re not being tried. That’s because cops and judges who engage in operations, investigations and trials have been selectively targeted and killed by the Lashkar. Officers recite in hushed tones an incident around 10 months ago, in Barani, where a police contingent of seven cops did well in a search and seize operation, killing two Jhangvis. Today, five of the seven cops have been killed, and the other two remain in hiding. Another incident is cited, where an Anti-Terror Court judge recently threw out a case of over 70 kilograms of explosives seized, famously saying that “it’s not terrorism till the explosives blow up.” Also limiting for investigators is the Anti-Terror Act of 1997 and the Qanoon-e-Shahadat, that make police testimony inadmissible, and in the absence of other witnesses, any case against the LeJ or other actors weak.

The administration-is-Sunni-and-police-are-involved narrative: “I’m not scared of Usman Kurd,” a senior police official said about the LeJ leader. “But I’m scared of one of my constables telling him what I’m uptoThat’s how fragile the police’s internal dynamics are. Recently, the photographs commemorating martyred Shia police officers were defaced inside the main hall of the CCPO headquarters. Cops are wary of other cops. The LeJ is now morphing politically (as its human face the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat, is now acceptably led in Quetta by the violent Rafiq Mengal) as well as combining forces with local Talibs. One group operates and another claims responsibility to create confusion, as happened recently in Saryab and Shalkot. In the face of this, police work is tenuous, at best.

Thus, Balochistan’s multi-layered wars ravage on. There are more narratives, of course. Cops will privately admit that the “chaps in the Cantt” may be thinking the LeJ is a lot of things but not anti-state; thus there may be a “strategic umbrella tolerance” for the group. Meanwhile, the ‘chaps in the Cantt’ admit that Balochistan’s tribal dynamics make it a tough province to police and do intelligence gathering in, as loyalties are blood-based, not state-centric. The cops say that the LeJ and Co are better trained and more methodical than any group they are used to. The military says that the province’s porous borders, free flow of Afghans, arms and explosives and, critically, the Iran-Saudi-Emirati dynamic cannot be discounted from Balochistan. As a ranking officer told me, “If I was an opposition commander, and I saw Pakistan, I would hit Balochistan first. Just because it’s already broken.”

The writer is a TV producer and anchor and tweets @wajskhan

Why UN is interfering Pakistan Internal issue?? Is it part of some Bigger plan??? Soon USA is leaving Afghanistan , then Pakistan will be useless for USA...

How Pakistani member see this statement?

You forgot these countries...
1. Israel
2. Russia
3. China
4. Nepal
5. Bhutan
6. Mali
7. France
8. Italy
9. UK
and so on...

Condolences to the innocent Shias. pakistan should keep it's trap shut in other country's affairs regarding minorities.

Why UN is interfering Pakistan Internal issue?? Is it part of some Bigger plan??? Soon USA is leaving Afghanistan , then Pakistan will be useless for USA...

How Pakistani member see this statement?

We need to develop more faster, build IP, TAP, Connect Gawadar with China and Central Asia, and bring more (peaceful) interests of big players in the region?

Friends:

I have outlined for you a reality that is hard to acknowledge, even harder to digest - we are in a civil war, you can choose to hide from it, but it will not hide from you - You already know what the competing ideas are and you must be clear in your mind where you stand, the civil war will not hide from you, it is building and building, because the ideas involved are absolutely toxic - below is a piece I hope you will read critically:

Can I say that you are rather in chaos than in a civil war? a civil war generally has two factions fighting against one another but in Pakistan one witnesses multiple factions, sects and groups in conflict also the administrative arm - the judiciary, military and the civilian governments. Add to the mix various separatist groups, fundamentalists, terrorist groups and hardliners.

16375_164757997008667_1319833373_n.jpg

Can I say that you are rather in chaos than in a civil war? a civil war generally has two factions fighting against one another but in Pakistan one witnesses multiple factions, sects and groups in conflict also the administrative arm - the judiciary, military and the civilian governments. Add to the mix various separatist groups, fundamentalists, terrorist groups and hardliners.

Yes of course, however,let me point out that your definition of civil war is as restrictive as it is unnecessary -- because it instead of clarifying and pointing towards action, obscures, obfuscates and sedates

where an Anti-Terror Court judge recently threw out a case of over 70 kilograms of explosives seized, famously saying that “it’s not terrorism till the explosives blow up.”

Looks like nothing is functioning as it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom