What's new

Blast in Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no one thought Col Purohit was involved in the Malegaon blasts before the ATS found out.
I agree Shiv Sena etc are a longshot but sometimes we get hit from directions where we least expect to. Could be a bomb in transit - to some other destination ? Just like the Goa blast a few months ago.

Well no one thought Col Purohit was involved in the Malegaon blasts before the ATS found out.
I agree Shiv Sena etc are a longshot but sometimes we get hit from directions where we least expect to. Could be a bomb in transit - to some other destination ? Just like the Goa blast a few months ago.

Rarely happens in real life unless its part of a movie .

Its was a Bakery frequented by foreigners and other back packers.
Its wasn't some mistake ,but deliberate attack as the perpetrator left his bag in that crowed place and escaped unnoticed.

Maoists responsible for Pune attacks? Are you people that ignorant? Maoists do not target civilians, certainly not in major cities and won't think of targetting a place called "German Bakery" which is frequented by tourists. I would advise members to think before they post. It would not expose their stupidity.

Sad day for Pune. The security establishment is blaming the IM. But no one can be ruled out yet.

PS - Sorry for the lack of diplomatic language

Edit -
His case is pending and you have already delivered justice?

Don't be absurd, we are not lawyers. We don't have to uphold the motto of "innocent until proven guilty". Purohit is as guilty as Kasab. Hindu right wing organizations are a possibility but i don't see how they will gain by attacking a bakery frequented by foreigners. It certainly won't incite communal tension which is the motive of every attack by Hindu right wing organizations. Anyway, let's wait and watch and not jump to conclusion.

Last edited:
Don't be absurd, we are not lawyers. We don't have to uphold the motto of "innocent until proven guilty".

I am not being absurd, you can have that sentiment if there was trend of terror attacks from Hindu right-wing. But with a single incident, which is yet to be proven you need to uphold that motto. There are no networks of right-wing Hindu terror groups. Please get your facts right.

Purohit is as guilty as Kasab.

Yes, why not. Do you know he and Pragya Thakur are out of MCOCA? That too in the reign of Congress in the state.

Hindu right wing organizations are a possibility but i don't see how they will gain by attacking a bakery frequented by foreigners.

You have got contradictory brain and heart.

@Valiant_Soul - if the case for Col Purohit is pending so are the cases for IM operatives.
Lets see Sena has started making big political statements at the wrong time again:
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday squarely blamed Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan's immature politics as "responsible for the Pune terror attack".

"It is because of the sins of the CM that nine innocent persons have lost their lives in the attack," Uddhav said in a brief statement from Badlapur in Thane.

Uddhav alleged that in order to protect (Shah Rukh) Khan, a massive security force had been withdrawn from sensitive locations and deployed on the roads last week.

"Instead, if that security had been appropriately deployed at the requisite places, then the terror attack could have been prevented," Uddhav said.

A bomb ripped through the German Bakery in Pune's posh Koregaon Park area on Saturday evening, killing nine and injuring 57, including several foreign nationals.

Don't use fake Indian ID if u want to spread ur propaganda.

Purohit is not found guilty by any court of law.

Do u believe everything word to word, what a police/ATC says?

The Digvijay Singh is nowadays talking about Batla House as fake do u belive him? It is congress's dirty politics.

Let the law take its own court, one can't be held guilty till proven beyond the reasonable doubts. It is the fundamental of justice.

@Valiant_Soul - if the case for Col Purohit is pending so are the cases for IM operatives.
Lets see Sena has started making big political statements at the wrong time again:
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday squarely blamed Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan's immature politics as "responsible for the Pune terror attack".

"It is because of the sins of the CM that nine innocent persons have lost their lives in the attack," Uddhav said in a brief statement from Badlapur in Thane.

Uddhav alleged that in order to protect (Shah Rukh) Khan, a massive security force had been withdrawn from sensitive locations and deployed on the roads last week.

"Instead, if that security had been appropriately deployed at the requisite places, then the terror attack could have been prevented," Uddhav said.

A bomb ripped through the German Bakery in Pune's posh Koregaon Park area on Saturday evening, killing nine and injuring 57, including several foreign nationals.

Yes, it is CMs fault.

He should not diverted the security.

The Bal Thakrey, Raj Thakrey and Uddav Thakrey should be thrown behind bars. If the mumbai get burned by goondas let it be once for all.

Where was the CM when UP/Behari people were thrashed and their properties vandalized, was not terrorism?

And breaking glass of a cinema hall or tearing a poster becomes terrorism?

Only because the UP/Behari people were poor and SRK is rich men with connections and friend of Rahul Gandhi.

@Veer - I'm not using a fake Indian ID believe it or not!
Batla house encounter was not fake I agree... anyways the issue is this blast - difficult to say who is involved in a blast. Hope some survivor's testimony will help the Police.
I think we both agree Veer that the government is playing dirty politics in Maharashtra. MNS, Shiv Sena, Congress, NCP everyone is involved and no one is clean. We need to get our house in order and quickly. It's upto us young people to defeat these dirty politicians who only care about getting into power by misleading people and not doing some actual work.
It was a shame that the same politicians who were sleeping at the posts when 26/11 happened are re - elected!

US condemns Pune blast, offers help in probe

New Delhi: The US condemned on Sunday the terror attack in Pune and offered help in bringing to book the masterminds behind the bombing that killed nine people.

In a message, the US ambassador to India Timothy J Roemer expressed "heartfelt sympathy" for the victims of Saturday's bombing at the German Bakery, a popular haunt of Indians and foreigners.

"The US remains shoulder-to-shoulder with India in the fight against terror and will assist as needed to help bring the perpetrators of this cowardly act to justice," he said.

Home Minister P Chidambaram Sunday said that Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Taiba operative David Headley, currently in US custody, had surveyed the area during his India visits in 2007-08.

Chidambaram said that India had "not given up" its efforts to get access to Headley despite legal complications.

Curious onlookers throng Pune blast site

PTI | Sun, 14 Feb, 2010,01:06 PM

A curious stream of onlookers including foreigners thronged the area near the popular bakery here which witnessed the first terror strike since 26/11 in the country, even as a posse of security personnel maintained
tight vigil.

Undeterred by the powerful bomb that ripped across the place killing nine and injuring 57 others, locals and foreign nationals visited the German bakery which is known as a place to 'meet and eat.'

'German bakery was a place where I came to meet and eat with my friends. I brought many of my outstation friends and took them around showing them the Osho commune and other posh bungalows in this area. I never thought it would happen here,' Paresh Thorat a local said.

Displaying their love for the Koregaon Park area and its environs, foreign nationals were seen chatting with locals and police personnel.

'I am not scared. These things can happen anywhere. This is a good place and I must say that the terrorists failed to fear us,' Renne, a foreigner said.

Nothing can stop me from coming here. I have talked to my relatives and have told then I am ok, Zoanne another foreigner said.

The police has cordoned off the area as investigators were busy picking up pieces for the post-blast investigations.

The police has also deployed a good number of gun-totting commandos of the state police at the place along with traffic policemen and fire tenders.

It's suspicious that the US has not provided access to David Headley to India till now. The home minister reiterated the demand for access again.
If the US does not give access at least they should be given a set of questions that we need answered and they should ask him those on our behalf.

A failure called Indian Home Minister

I have written about it earlier. Let me re-emphasize. Indian Home Minister Union home minister P Chidambaram is a repeated failure in making. He is a failed Finance Minister and he is a failed Home Minister too.

I am not saying Pune Blast would not have happened if there was a competent home minister. I am saying Pune blast and such blasts will definitely happen if P Chidambaram is the home minister.

Expect him to issue sound bytes to cover up for his failure.

When the entire country is in the grip of terror grip, the police were guarding cinema halls to enable launch of “some” movie. I was in the Nariman Point 2 days back. I saw the entire police force guarding the cinema halls. While the onlookers were observing the police extravaganza, someone in the crowd said “expect a terror attack anytime.”

A common man can get this right, but, don’t expect the Home Minister to get that right. P Chidambaram is a person who survives by bullshitting and he has got an lawyers degree to back him up. He must be a good debater in parliament, but, when he tried it in public, a journalist threw a show on him. Remember, this is the same guy who imposed ATM transaction tax and wants to impose taxes on insurance to widows and pensioners.

He cannot even win election in his own constituency with a convincing margin.

http://*****************/wa/a-failure-called-indian-home-minister/598/

The allegation that a known terrorist fled out of the country is like saying Hakimullah Mehsud fled out of the country from the Jinnah terminal.

Asim, you know very well how this happens.. Mehsud was able to go half way across pakistan to Multan after getting injured in NWFP. That too all the way thru the military cordon around the south waziristan. This can't be the only reason to discredit the report..

When there is a terror attack, the investigators try to figure out who is the most likely culprit. This is not an allegation, just the pointing of most likely bet based on prima facie evidence. The borders are porous and there are many ways to enter and exit (enroute BD or Nepal?). The intelligence knows better than us forum warriors.
There may be many ways to flee out of India but very few to illegally enter Dubai and then too to illegally exit Dubai.

Basically its conjecture till proper evidence and proper facts are presented. When you're accusing another country, calling off talks, and ultimately as we all know there will be a pussy footing drama of calling for war and then backing out... You need to come forward with better facts.

Either Bhatkal was an identified terrorist or India came to this conclusion within hours? If he was identified, then how did he exit India, Enter Dubai, exit Dubai and enter Pakistan. All countries where I know there is extensive checks for terrorists using World Check, OFAC amongst other local lists of money launderers, etc.

To claim that he did so, you're claiming that all these checks failed and they or someone from there were complicit in this attack on a dhaba.

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom