What's new

Blast in Islamabad.

Off topic question, but I was only trying to understand the rationale for storing explosives in a residential barracks. May be civilians cannot understand it, but perhaps a member of the Armed Forces or any Law Enforcement Agency would care to describe the reason, if there is one?

Seems like you knew what you were talking about here:

Inna Lillahe wa Inna Ilehe Rajioun for the deceased.

I assume that storing explosives in a residential barracks helps in speedy response times?

Btw, what speedy response times are you talking about?

Seems like you knew what you were talking about here:

Btw, what speedy response times are you talking about?

Oh I do know what I talk about.

A speedy response time as in: a rapid response team, from sleeping to out the door, fully armed and ready for deployment and action, with combined residential and explosive storage facilities? May be there is some other reason for it rather than this, hence my question.

Oh I do know what I talk about.

A speedy response time as in: a rapid response team, from sleeping to out the door, fully armed and ready for deployment and action, with combined residential and explosive storage facilities? May be there is some other reason for it rather than this, hence my question.

Why would they need to store explosives in residential barracks for speedy response times? That doesn't make any sense. It's a total disconnect of logic.

Why would they need to store explosives in residential barracks for speedy response times? That doesn't make any sense. It's a total disconnect of logic.

Exactly my point! :D

So where are the superiors who would allow such an odd juxtaposition to occur and how are they being called to task?

Exactly my point! :D

So where are the superiors who would allow such an odd juxtaposition to occur and how are they being called to task?

Or was it not an accidental event and is being brushed under the carpet as one. Given the recent hits to the credibility of the armed forces by ttp attacks in Pindi and Karachi, I wont be surprised if this was the case..

Inna Lillahe wa Inna Ilehe Rajioun for the deceased.

I assume that storing explosives in a residential barracks helps in speedy response times?

Americans visiting Scotland are known to have asked the question, "Why did they build the Castle in a flight path" ? :cheesy:
I wonder if my family raised the question on the location of Ojri Camp, when a lot of our property was razed to ground. !! :undecided:
Guess there were no protests when a Mirage in an emergency jettisoned it's drop tanks over a built up area resulting in a fireball which killed some a dozen residents.:what:
The whole scenario belies the century old question........ which came first,...... chicken or the egg. ??? !!!! :confused:

Or was it not an accidental event and is being brushed under the carpet as one. Given the recent hits to the credibility of the armed forces by ttp attacks in Pindi and Karachi, I wont be surprised if this was the case..

I am bound by a self-made promise to be optimistic and remain positive, so I cannot agree with you! :D

Americans visiting Scotland are known to have asked the question, "Why did they build the Castle in a flight path" ? :cheesy:
I wonder if my family raised the question on the location of Ojri Camp, when a lot of our property was razed to ground. !! :undecided:
Guess there were no protests when a Mirage in an emergency jettisoned it's drop tanks over a built up area resulting in a fireball which killed some a dozen residents.:what:
The whole scenario belies the century old question........ which came first,...... chicken or the egg. ??? !!!! :confused:

Good points!

So the residential barracks storing munitions MAY have been allowed to persist to improve response times, right? :D

Good points!

So the residential barracks storing munitions MAY have been allowed to persist to improve response times, right? :D

I doubt any such facilities, anywhere in the globe, ..... have fully automated services :rolleyes:

I doubt any such facilities, anywhere in the globe, ..... have fully automated services :rolleyes:

I doubt that too, but I am trying to be optimistic to find a proper reason reason for allowing such a condition to develop and persist. ;)

I doubt that too, but I am trying to be optimistic to find a proper reason reason for allowing such a condition to develop and persist. ;)

A little off topic but none the relevant, .... an Indian soldier died, when his tank fell into a well.

Well,..... Damn,... who put that well there. ...... Mine is half full.
BTW, RIP to the Indian serviceman.

A little off topic but none the relevant, .... an Indian soldier died, when his tank fell into a well.

Well,..... Damn,... who put that well there. ...... Mine is half full.
BTW, RIP to the Indian serviceman.

May be the well was put there as part of a research project to test and then improve deep water fording capabilites? :D

Back
Top Bottom