What's new

Blast at Jamia Naeemia; Dr Sarfraz martyred

Screaming Skull

Reaction score

Friday, June 12, 2009

LAHORE: Jamia Naeemia principal Dr Sarfraz Naeemi was martyred and several others injured in a suicide blast at Jamia Naeemia situated in Garhi Shahu area of Lahore, Geo News reported Friday.

The blast occurred after the Friday prayers when the people were making their way out of the mosque after offering the Friday prayers.

Jamia Naeemia principal Dr Sarfraz Naeemi was present at his office at the Jamia Naeemia at the time of blast, the eyewitnesses said.

The blast was so powerful that the outer walls of the Jamia Naeemia Masjid collapsed. The nearby buildings were harmed in the blast. The blast occurred when a lot of people were present in the mosque.

The personnel of the security forces cordoned off the area and started the relief operation.

The injured are being rushed to the Meo Hospital. Emergency has been declared in the hospitals of the Lahore.

The security forces are searching the building on the apprehension of another bmb.

There are reports that the blast was suicide attack; however, it was not confirmed by the government officials.

Blast at Jamia Naeemia; Dr Sarfraz martyred - GEO.tv

Renowned religious scholar and principal of Jamia Naeemia Lahore Dr Sarfraz Ahmed among three people were killed in a suicide attack at his seminary here Friday, reports ARY NEWS.

The blast that apparently was a suicide attack occurred following the Jumma prayer in the seminary situated at Garhi Shahu area of the metropolis.

According to preliminary reports, the blast was occurred in the office of Dr Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi, the principle of one of the largest religious seminary of the city. Naeemi was present in his office at the time of the blast, says an eyewitness.

The blast was as powerful as it completely destroyed the offices building and also damaged the nearby installations of the seminary.

Rescuers and law enforcement personnel have arrived at the scene and the injured were being rushed to Mayo Hospital, Ganga Ram Hospital and other nearby hospitals.According to latest information 4 people including Dr Sarfraz Naeami died and 8 got injured in this terrorist attack on Islam.Today Muslim world has lost a great cleric and a humanitarian. A terrorist blew him self and killed the greatest scholar and human we had. Dr Sarfraz Naeemi was pride of Muslims. I personally met him when I invited him for recording when I was in channel 5. As principal of one big Seminary I expected him to come on some big car but to my surprise the gentleman came on very old model Honda CD 70. He was such a humble and simple man in his appearance and dealing that it shocked the people who first time met him.In Pakistan when Pir and Ulema karam are the most proud people , he was so humble and kind that one can not leave un impressed after meeting him.I remember when he came to my office in 2008 I couldn’t recognize him. I thought he was some common Molvi. He was Gem of man. Always preaching humanity and love of Prophet to people who interacted with him. He was a real Muslim who was all blessing for people around him and humanity. Those who met him or knew him know what a loss Muslim Ummah and the Pakistani nation today suffered. God bless Dr Sarfraz Naeemi and Give him high place in Paradise
A Men

these attacks have a really strong physiological effect.
earlier i thought i will get used to these blast but no it still ruins my whole day

What the fsck did this guys achieve by targeting a place of worship! Ideology is one thing.. but this is pure terrorism. Paid assassins.

it was a very sad & tragic moment , for all the pakistanis ,that the great scholar like, Dr Sarfraz Naeami died and 8 got injured in the worst act of terrorism.:tsk:
may allah rest him in peace!:cry:
Now one thing is crystal clear , that these terrorists doesnt have any thing ,called Islam in side thier , hearts & in thier minds. they just belive that , by putting voilence power , they can capture the whole of pakistani nation with fear.
it is a , time when all of the pakistanis should stand together , & fight back against one of the worst kind of enemy, in the world .:angry::angry::angry:

Great loss of whole islamic world,May Allah give him eternal peace.

Days of extremists are now numbered ,two month ago the extemsit are dreaming to control whole Pakistan ,now whole islamic world is against them.

It is sure they are working for enimies of islam and Pakistan .

Its the second round of mullah killing mullah bettle. First round started in 80's when deobandi idiots started killing shias and vice versa. Now, in the second round, its deobandi idiots agains barelvis and vice versa.

When you make your living on peoples earnings without considering that what you are having is haram or halal, it results in crime.

Mullahs have been fed by this nation for more than sixty years and they divided this nation into inumerable sects on the bases of stupid assumptions and produced more Kafirs than Muslims in return. Its natural....... tit for tat........they vaged a sect war for fill thier stomachs, the war is now turning back to them.

this reminds me of a hadith in which prophet (peace be upon him) said that there will come a time when one who is killin will not know y is he killin and the one dyin will not know y is he being killed.... quite true in case of pakistan. there is a lot of killin in other places as well but there is a reason for that but in pakistan its the reason which is missin.

Dr. Sarfraz (Allah bless him eternally) was the real example of how a Muslim cleric should be...at a time when even our lions and Quaids and Awami Leaders and religious heavyweights give guarded comments he was one religious scholar who was open in declaring what the TTP is doing as totally unislamic and unacceptable from any perspective be it religious or humanitarian...

I felt very moved when i saw his son on TV asking his pupils not to protest by violence since it was all against what his father lived and died for...

May he be granted paradise and may all these terrorists burn in hell for eternity...

I think it is about time our religious scholars and political Mullahs wake up to the reality of the monster many of them are still finding it hard to condemn more openly!

What kind of Muslim are they. Why they have to use weapons where they can talk by expressing their point of view. They are not Muslim but outside impersonate like Muslims to damage Pakistan most importantly Islam.
Pakistani and Pakistan army should finished them one and for all.
A great loss for the Muslim of Pakistan (Allah bless his soul).
Pakistan army zindabad
Pakistan paindabad

In my opinion, Mufti Saheb is not targeted by the extremists but those who want to turn the opinion of moderate Ulema against the extremists. From this episode, Taliban achieved nothing but someone else is definitely counting on achieving support of Ulema against the extremists. Until now Ulema were very reluctant to condemn the extremists and openly against the military operation. Whether their opinion changes after this incident remains to be seen. MQM may also find this tempting to kill few JI people and put all the blame on the Taliban.

In my opinion, Mufti Saheb is not targeted by the extremists but those who want to turn the opinion of moderate Ulema against the extremists. From this episode, Taliban achieved nothing but someone else is definitely counting on achieving support of Ulema against the extremists. Until now Ulema were very reluctant to condemn the extremists and openly against the military operation. Whether their opinion changes after this incident remains to be seen. MQM may also find this tempting to kill few JI people and put all the blame on the Taliban.

Well, the Taliban achieved nothing from whipping that poor girl, expanding into Buner, blowing up the PC Peshawar - yet they did all of that, and have in fact claimed responsibility for the three bombings today as well:

Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan claim responsibility of attacks​

Updated at: 2200 PST, Friday, June 12, 2009
PESHAWAR: Banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility of the blasts in Lahore, Nowshehra and Hangu.

Commander Tehreek-i-Taliban Orakzai Agency, Hafiz Saeed claimed the responsibility by telephoning journalists.

He said warned of more such attacks in case the ongoing operation in Malakand is not discontinued.
Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan claim responsibility of attacks

Its not like the Taliban have ever claimed otherwise - they have openly threatened killing any politicians and religious leaders who oppose them.

I fail to see the need for a conspiracy theory here when the evidence quite clearly points in a particular direction.

I also fail to see why the Army and intelligence is not cut similar slack, in terms of lack of motive, when they are accused of murdering people like the 3 Baluch nationalists recently, since it was clear that the Army and intelligence gained nothing from their killing.

Well, the Taliban achieved nothing from whipping that poor girl, expanding into Buner, blowing up the PC Peshawar - yet they did all of that, and have in fact claimed responsibility for the three bombings today as well:
Whipping the 'poor girl' was a drama. For other incidents, they may be responsible. I used the word 'may be' because I don’t possess 'Ilm ul Ghaib', so I can only guess or speculate until someone is caught and found guilty for a criminal act or planning and or supporting of that act in the court of law.

I also fail to see why the Army and intelligence is not cut similar slack, in terms of lack of motive, when they are accused of murdering people like the 3 Baluch nationalists recently, since it was clear that the Army and intelligence gained nothing from their killing.
Even though I never brought the mentioned incident into my comments, but answer to that could be yes or no. Maybe GoP/security forces failed to assess the possible reaction of the people.

I am with qsaark on this one I think blackwater may be involved in this but that is only my opinion .

Back
Top Bottom