What's new

Blacks Climing Indus Valley Civilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
IVC covers entire Pak ...

The pic you posted is the statue of the "Priest King" -- found in Mohenjodaro,Sindh.

IVCs religions has still not been discovered !

And you can't claim it as your own --- even if we "supposedly" believe that it was Hindu ! The claimants are yhe people whose ancestors created the civilisation ... Not some dudes living a thousand mile away from it!

IT would be like me claiming Arab heritage coz I'm Muslim ... Hence utterly retarded!
IVC worshipped idols and were a type of pagan-but not Hindu I believe.

IVC worshipped idols and were a type of pagan-but not Hindu I believe.
Hinduism back then was called Sanatana dharma.
Btw they used Shiv-Ling like Hindus do.
Ofcourse there are other similarities too, like the style of worshipping, use of fire altars etc.

IVC people were not Dravidians and had nothing to do with South Indians.
And how would you explain the use of Brahui language in Pakistan???

Last edited:
Hinduism back then was called Santana dharma.
It is Sanatana Dharma, I believe. Santana Dharma is a type of Dharma where couples create Santanas each year for 12 consecutive years to attain Nirvana.

It is Sanatana Dharma, I believe. Santana Dharma is a type of Dharma where couples create Santanas each year for 12 consecutive years to attain Nirvana.
Were you serious???
Scientifically, it's not possible.
Btw Sanatana dharma refers to the eternal, natural way, the never beginning and never ending flow of the whole of being.
It was not a religion, but a scientific way of living.

:rolleyes: I was talking about Santana(progeny) Dharma; not Sanatana Dharma. Mazzaaq ko Samajhne ki koshish toh karo ma'am.
Santana sun kar hi pucha tha "are you serious??".
Ab Tumhe hamari baat samajh Nahi aayi, toh Mera Kya dosh? :tsk:

Ofcourse there are other similarities too, like the style of worshipping, use of fire altars etc.

How old is the Hindi language? Urdu was born partly from it and persian so would be interesting to know.

How old is the Hindi language? Urdu was born partly from it and persian so would be interesting to know.
I'm really not sure about its origin but I do know that Hindi is a dialect of Hindustani, which is based on Khariboli.
It is believed that Khariboli developed in the 900–1200 CE, and it has strong influences of Awadhi and brij languages.
@It.is.all.mudi's.fault @SarthakGanguly @Bitter Melon
correct me if i'm wrong.

Brahui are migrants from Central India, not a relict of the IVC population; here:

Wikipedia said:
...theory is that they migrated to Baluchistan from inner India during the early Muslim period of the 13th or 14th centuries.[4]

Another theory says the Brahui migrated to Balochistan from Central India after 1000 AD. The absence of any older Iranian (Avestan) influence in Brahui supports this last hypothesis. The main Iranian contributor to Brahui vocabulary is a northwestern Iranian language, Baluchi, Sindhiand southeastern Iranian language, Pashto.[5]

No Dravidian language is native to Pakistan.
@Atanz

IndoEuropeanTree.svg.png

Arabs worshipped idols and were pagan too . Were they inheritor of IVS? Earliest that we know of Hindu religion comes from the Vedas, of which rigveda is the oldest.
No offense buddy. I was just trying to learn about the various pagan cultures and did not allege that they were linked to Hinduism. For example rumuva, slavic and norse religion had nothing to do with Hindus but are old pagan religions.

No offense buddy. I was just trying to learn about the various pagan cultures and did not allege that they were linked to Hinduism. For example rumuva, slavic and norse religion had nothing to do with Hindus but are old pagan religions.
It was not intended for you mate but for those who were linking Hinduism with IVC because they assume some similarities in few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom