What's new

Black Panthers naval aviator gives a walkaround on the new Mig-29k

Kind of surprising to see rocket pods on the Mig 29Ks, I don't think they will take on naval targets with it and even for land targets at close distance it's a rather unusual weapon.

Kind of surprising to see rocket pods on the Mig 29Ks, I don't think they will take on naval targets with it and even for land targets at close distance it's a rather unusual weapon.

Rocket pods against small ships/boats are cost effective even in these times apart from lo-value ground targets.

Rocket pods against small ships/boats are cost effective even in these times apart from lo-value ground targets.

Doubtful, the only role a boat would be a target (a ship would never be attacked with rockets only) would be anti piracy, with hardly 1 or 2 boats. So why would they carry such a huge and dragy pod in a patrol mission and attack such a small target with unguided rockets? These rocket pods will be used in CAS rolse, of the Su 34 for example, or in IAFs Mig 21 and 27s. So unless INs wants to support beach landing with them (which will never happen), it's a strange weapon for them.

Doubtful, the only role a boat would be a target (a ship would never be attacked with rockets only) would be anti piracy, with hardly 1 or 2 boats. So why would they carry such a huge and dragy pod in a patrol mission and attack such a small target with unguided rockets? These rocket pods will be used in CAS rolse, of the Su 34 for example, or in IAFs Mig 21 and 27s. So unless INs wants to support beach landing with them (which will never happen), it's a strange weapon for them.

Oh; do you prefer a Brahmos/Klub to sink a gunboat?

The commander looks quite nervous..and it shows in both his speech(lots of mistakes) and demeanor.A stint at a staff college with lots of presentation making will fix that.

WOW the Indian Pilot said This is the ONLY AIr CRAFT in INDIA WITH DIGITAL FLY BY WIRE

:cheesy:

he must be not know the mki

or the Rafael

Just to correct you...it's not just you I have seen many guys making the same mistake. "Rafael" instead of "Rafale"..

Rafael: Is a company better known for their missiles.
Rafale: Is a Multi Role Fighter Aircraft developed and build by Dassault Aviation.

Not impressive presentation, I am not sure why he is feeling nervous? is his wife standing behind the camera??

All in all a nice and comprehensive overview. He has clearly given a very "dumbed down" version and understandabley so.

And guys let's not get into sniping at him. He's a fighter jock not an actor or public speaker, the Indian navy didn't select him because of his public speaking ability. His overview was more than adequate. Give the guy a break, if he wasn't Indian I have no doubt that there wouldn't be a murmur about how his walk around was delivered- it is the CONTENT that matters.

Not impressive presentation, I am not sure why he is feeling nervous? is his wife standing behind the camera??

Might be the Air Chief Marshall or some other officer. Public speaking is an art, and needs a lot of practice. BTW I have a presentation tomorrow... :-). Learnt how not to give one.

Nice and comprehensive overview.
He also said Mig-29k has lower RCS due to use of special composites.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom