Reaction score
Country
India
BJP’s Vijayvargiya calls for boycott of Chinese products
  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
    |
  • Updated: Oct 03, 2016 11:39 IST
kailash-vijayvargiya_756805de-892c-11e6-b25a-dc2df696e7dd.jpg

BJP general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya has called for boycotting Chinese good as a mark of protest against the eastern neighbour that blocked a bid to get Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar designated as a terrorist by the United Nations. (HT File Photo)
BJP general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya has called for boycotting Chinese good as a mark of protest against the eastern neighbour that blocked a bid to get Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar designated as a terrorist by the United Nations.

Beijing’s move on Saturday to extend the “technical hold” imposed in April came a day before it was to lapse, giving Azhar – an accused in the Pathankot Indian Air Force base attack in January – another six-month breather.

“Buying Chinese product is an indirect support to a terrorist country,” Vijayvargiya wrote on Twitter amid the growing tension between India and Pakistan following the terror attack at an Indian Army base in Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri.

In a series of tweets using a hashtag “BoycottChina”, the BJP leader said Pakistan has China’s support and extending any economic support to the eastern neighbour was akin to weakening the country’s internal security.

“Saddened” with Chinese good flooding the Durga Puja market in Kolkata, Vijayvargiya asked Indians to take a pledge that they will neither buy nor promote Chinese goods.

“Appeal to traders: No matter how cheap Chinese goods are, country’s security and prestige are more important that profit,” he said in another tweet.

The BJP politician from Madhya Pradesh said India was trying hard to isolate Pakistan but it was being consistently backed by China and it was time that Indians should stop buying Chinese product as a mark of protest.

Known for courting controversy through his tweets and public statements, the BJP leader said “India comes first” before anything.

China’s decision brings into focus its stand on terrorism, on which, it has repeatedly said the West has “double standards”.

Though Beijing argued on Saturday – as before in April – that its decision was based on facts and procedures, the latest step brings into focus the close ties between China and Pakistan, who consider each other “all-weather allies”.

The decision comes within days of the first ever counter-terrorism and security meet between China and India held in Beijing. It could also cast a shadow on the BRICS summit to be held in Goa later this month where Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping will meet.

This decision coupled with China’s role in blocking India’s Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) bid earlier this year will continue to hamper bilateral ties.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...se-products/story-fLd6tfqkoxJE2UAGQsGWlO.html

its true. people are already boycotting chinese products in all over Haryana and Punjab. one of the richest states of india.its bad diwali for china...

its true. people are already boycotting chinese products in all over Haryana and Punjab. one of the richest states of india.its bad diwali for china...
http://www.sany.in/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...BK-Modis-Spice-Group/articleshow/51259368.cms

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2016-04-14/news/72322900_1_machine-tunnel-the-tbm

@kahonapyarhai @Hallian_Khan @I S I @Hashim Deo
China's development to today, does not rely on toys...

Exports from China amounted to US$2.282 trillion in 2015, up 20.2% since 2011 but down -2.6% from 2014 to 2015. China’s top 10 exports accounted for 67.6% of the overall value of its global shipments.

Based on statistics from the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook Database, China’s total Gross Domestic Product amounted to $19.51 trillion in 2015.

Therefore, exports accounted for about 11.7% of total Chinese economic output.

From a continental perspective, 50.3% of Chinese exports by value are delivered to Asian countries while 20.8% are sold to other Asian importers. China ships another 17.7% worth to North American clients and 4.8% arriving in Africa.

Given China’s population of 1.367 billion people, its total $2.282 trillion in 2015 exports translates to roughly $1,669 for every resident in that country.

China’s unemployment rate was 4.05% as of December 2015 according to Trading Economics.

Electronic equipment: US$600.3 billion (26.3% of total exports)
Machines, engines, pumps: $364.5 billion (16%)
Furniture, lighting, signs: $98.7 billion (4.3%)
Knit or crochet clothing: $83.8 billion (3.7%)
Clothing (not knit or crochet): $78.5 billion (3.4%)
Medical, technical equipment: $73.8 billion (3.2%)
Plastics: $65.8 billion (2.9%)
Vehicles: $62.7 billion (2.7%)
Iron or steel products: $60.6 billion (2.7%)
Footwear: $53.6 billion (2.3%)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...BK-Modis-Spice-Group/articleshow/51259368.cms

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2016-04-14/news/72322900_1_machine-tunnel-the-tbm

Exports from China amounted to US$2.282 trillion in 2015, up 20.2% since 2011 but down -2.6% from 2014 to 2015. China’s top 10 exports accounted for 67.6% of the overall value of its global shipments.

Based on statistics from the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook Database, China’s total Gross Domestic Product amounted to $19.51 trillion in 2015.

From a continental perspective, 50.3% of Chinese exports by value are delivered to Asian countries while 20.8% are sold to other Asian importers. China ships another 17.7% worth to North American clients and 4.8% arriving in Africa.

Given China’s population of 1.367 billion people, its total $2.282 trillion in 2015 exports translates to roughly $1,669 for every resident in that country.

China’s unemployment rate was 4.05% as of December 2015 according to Trading Economics.

Boycott or not (I doubt it is another stupid typical Indian rss hype, like they can stop using any electronic products which more or less have Chinese components), it won't affect Shenzhen DJI's new drone, which is directly sold in Apple stores and via DJI's online shop available in all major countries excluding india.

Boycott or not (I doubt it is another stupid typical Indian rss hype, like they can stop using any electronic products which more or less have Chinese components), it won't affect Shenzhen DJI's new drone, which is directly sold in Apple stores and via DJI's online shop available in all major countries excluding india.

I actually monitor 5 Electronics part which comes from China.Comparing to Indian counterpart they are 4 times cheap so good for profit.

I actually monitor 5 Electronics part which comes from China.Comparing to Indian counterpart they are 4 times cheap so good for profit.
How is that possible when Indian labor is way way way cheaper?

You just cant live without chinese products someone told me even US missiles have chinese components

I have no idea o_O

Maybe they are cheaper but not skilled enough:? (just thoughts)
Then it's about productivity.

There are some jobs which will never leave even they are paid $2000 per month, for example high-quality welding. Other low skill jobs can be replaced by automaton which needs very few workers but provides them high salary.

Another situation is that the manufacturing chain is too big to move. In small towns around Shenzhen, every town looks like a modern city, each one focuses on and monopolizes some components which cannot be found in other regions of the world. One of the reasons why Shenzhen is a paradise of makers, is that makers can make their design come true with components easily found in the market. I assume DJI's success can be partly attributed to this factor.

Then it's about productivity.

There are some jobs which will never leave even they are paid $2000 per month, for example high-quality welding. Other low skill jobs can be replaced by automaton which needs very few workers but provides them high salary.

Another situation is that the manufacturing chain is too big to move. In small towns around Shenzhen, every town looks like a modern city, each one focuses on and monopolizes some components which cannot be found in other regions of the world. One of the reasons why Shenzhen is a paradise of makers, is that makers can make their design come true with components easily found in the market. I assume DJI's success can be partly attributed to this factor.
Well yes one company is in Shenzhen and other is in henen. I would agree on word like manufacturing chain as they are essential in manufacturing components.

But sir their quality is not up notch however better than their Indian counterpart if you look the price.

I do not know how effective a boycott is
you can try

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom