What's new

Bird Strikes - and the Pakistan Air Force (and others)

Well birds and wild boars aside, in 1994 an FT-6 (16 Sqn Peshawar) was written off after it hit a train engine!!!! It happened during taxi out for R/W35 , both pilots egressed safely(unhurt).

1993( during HiMark), F-16B had a bird hit after t/o...both pilots ejected safely.

As far as the bird hits are concerned....1994 F-16A (701) flown by Flt Lt Waqar, had a bird hit just after take off Sargodha, pilot ejected. THIS WAS ALSO THE LAST CLASS A MISHAP OF F-16 FLEET.

Beside these, numerous A-5 , Mirages and F-7P have crashed in last 20 years due to bird hits.

Dear Forum Members

I hope you will indulge my posting the losses of F-7s by the PAF.
I can only link two mishaps due to bird strikes - I would be grateful if you could look at the listing and if you have any further details on any loss or mishap to contact me.

ALSO

would you prefer me to link to my web page lists in future rather than clutter up the forum with lists??

23rd July 1981
(PAF)
CHENGDU F7
Martin-Baker

22nd April 1992
(PAF)
Chengdu Chengdu F-7P
Crashed in an industrial area in Western Karachi after engine failure. Two killed on ground
Flt. Lt. Akmal ejected
Martin-Baker

31st August 1994
(PAF)
Chengdu Chengdu F-7P
19 Sqn
training flight, *Crashed during emergency landing without canopy near Musa Khel
Fg Offr Imran Yousef killed
no ejection

25th March 1995
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
On a routine training, developed technical problems and crashed in northeast of Punjab province
Flight lieutenant Tariq Javed, received fatal injuries
no ejection

10th July 1995
(PAF)
CHENGDU F7
Pilot Faizi ejected
Martin-Baker

1st November 1995
(PAF)
CHENGDU F7
Pilot Rashid
Martin-Baker

6th February 1996
(PAF)
FT-7
on a routine training mission crashed today near Manser Camp in district Attock in northwestern Pakistan
pilot Chowdhry ejected safely
Martin-Baker

23rd March 1996
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
34 Sqn
Crashed after a mid-air collision
Martin-Baker

15th September 1996
Pakistan Air Force
Chengdu F-7P
Routine training mission
Pilot ejected safely

22nd October 1996
(PAF)
FT-7
Suan ejected safely
Abbas ejected safely
Martin-Baker

24th February 1997
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7
pilot Zaidi ejected safely
Martin-Baker

7th September 1997
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
DETAILS ??
Martin-Baker

3rd October 1997
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
crashed near Bhakkar, Lahore due to a bird strike
Martin-Baker

18th April 1998
Pakistan Air Force
Chengdu F-7P
Cr near Rawalpindi

30th July 1998
1230hrs
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
Masroor AB
Training flight, engine seized at 1,500ft while on approach to land at Masroor AB. Pilot tried his best to steer the aircraft away from homes. Crashed onto a crowded street Data Nagar at Orangi Town, 6 killed, 25 injured
Pilot Ibrahim delayed ejection to avoid built up area. parachute got entangled in power cables only 100 yards from the plane. Rescued by a PAF helicopter.
Martin-Baker

7th September 1998
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
Martin-Baker

9th February 1999
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
Crashed near Chakwal
Pilot killed
Martin-Baker

7th April 2000
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
crashed in town of Lachi, near Kohat in NWFP
pilot Flight Lieutenant Zia-ul-Hasan, recieved fatal injuries
Martin-Baker

20th July 2000
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
25 OCU sqn
Routine flight from Hyderabad to Mianwali, technical fault crash-landed at D I Khan airport
pilot unhurt
ground egress
no ejection

25th January 2001
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
Mianwali Airbase
crashed during a training sortie
Pilot Faazi ejected safely
Martin-Baker

18th June 2001
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
or is this an A-5 ???
crashed during a routine flight near Regi village on the outskirts of Peshawar
pilot ejected safely
Martin-Baker

27th September 2001
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7PMasroor AB
crashed in the Mochko Hills, near Masroor Airbase in western district of Karachi on approach.
Flying Officer Shahid, ejected but was killed when the chute failed to open
Martin-Baker

7th February 2002
Pakistan AF
Chengdu F‑7P
on a solo training flight crashed in southern part of Sindh near Mirpurkhas, Pakistan
Pilot ejected safely
Martin-Baker

26th February 2002
Pakistan Air Force
Chengdu F-7P
Details ???

Monday 26th March 2002
(PAF)
Chengdu Chengdu F-7P*
Technical fault. Attempted landing failed. Crashed 16km south of Multan five minutes after the plane took off from its base during a training mission
flight lieutenant Naveed Ahmed ejected safely.
Martin-Baker

Friday, 19th July 2002
Pakistan Air Force
Chengdu F-7P
PAF Minhas-Kamra Base
or
Basal air base
CONFIRM ???
Crashed near Sagree village on the bank of Indus River near an airbase west of the capital, Islamabad, southwestern province of Balochistan
Police sources said that before the crash the pilot ejected himself from the plane but his parachute did not open and he fell on the ground and died
Base Commander Air Commodore Abdul Hameed Qadri ejected but killed.
Martin-Baker

Tuesday 10th December 2002
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7PG
crashed after colliding over southwestern Baluchistan province 50km S of Quetta and crashed near Mastung
Pilot Wing Commander Tariq ejected safely
Martin-Baker

Tuesday 10th December 2002
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7PG
Pilot Flight-Lieutenant Mohsin ejected safely
Martin-Baker

13th August 2003
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
on a routine flight and it crashed near Mukhad, crash landed near Attock ??
Pilot ejected
Martin-Baker

Wednesday 10th December 2003
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7P
Engine fault. crashed near village Jabi Shah Dilawar in the precincts of Police station Timan district Chakwal, some 90 kilometres (55 miles) southwest of capital Islamabad without causing casualties, plane hit the barren terrain of Dhok Nari
Flt Lt Khurram ejected safely
Martin-Baker

Friday, 5th August 2005
around 12noon
(PAF)
Chengdu F-7
Crash landed after developing some ‘technical fault’ tyres of the jet burst, causing large scratches damage to the runway. Peshawar Airport was closed for flights
no ejection
pilot unhurt
CONFIRM DETAILS
Martin-Baker PK10LZ

Tuesday 21st February 2006
1:40 p.m.
(PAF)
Chengdu JF-7
Mianwali airbase
Techbnical problems. crashed near Machiwal PAF firing range near Bhakar, some 200 kilometers southwest of Islamabad. eastern Punjab province
pilot Flight Lt Ahsan, ejected safely
Martin-Baker PK10LZ

Thursday, 31st August 2006

PAF
Chengdu F-7
Technical malfunction about 40 kilometers northeast of Karachi, Pakistan
Squadron Leader Faisal Bashi
killed in crash
no ejection
I am indebted to Asif Bashir, Sqn. Ldr. Bashir's brother, for permission to include these details.

Wednesday 7th February 2007
Pakistan Air Force
Chengu F-7P
PAF Base Minhas
The aircraft developed engine trouble close to parent base, while coming in for landing, engine flamed out.
pilot *Sqn Ldr Imran ejected safely
Martin-Baker PK10LZ

Thursday 15th February 2007
Pakistan Air Force
Chengu F-7P
Masroor airbase
Bird-Strike. Crashed within the perimeter of Masroor base in the southern port city of Karachi
pilot Flt Lt Haseeb ejected safely
Martin-Baker PK10LZ

Tuesday 13th March 2007
Pakistan Air Force

Training crashed in south-western Pakistan. The aircraft was coming in for an emergency landing when it went out of
control very close to ground at about 300 feet. No ground casualties
*Flt Lt Osman Talha - ejected safely
Martin-Baker Mk.PK10LZ

Chengdu FT-7PG
17 Sqn
Tigers
PAF Samungli Air Base near Quetta
Pilot Flt Lt Gulfam Soomro - recieved fatal injuries

Wednesday 5th September 2007
Pakistan Air Force
Chengdu FT-7
Crashed near an air force base outside Quetta, the capital of Baluchistan province, southwestern Pakistan
pilot died in the crash
Earlier reports of this loss stated that the pilot had ejected safely from the aircraft

That's all I have managed to obtain from public domain sources and some correspondence with PAF members and families.
If anyone can help with names and/or photos of the pilots or could put me in contact with them I would be very grateful.

With respect

Mike
Project Get Out and Walk
ejection-history.org.uk

Fatman,

You don't know about the wild boar strike-----maybe you are very young----. That strike was due to the highest incompetence ofPAF commander of the base. Sargodha area is known for wild boars---it was a known fact that these creatures came running across the runway at their discretion. But our great commander of the base was trying to save 1 million ruppees not to plant the fence but sacrificed a 10 million dollar plane.[

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TYPICAL ! :rofl:

mastan_khan - thx for your comments but my age is 52yrs and i am a retd army captain who resigned his commission on moral grounds in 1977
Sorry to bump such as old thread but would you like to share more with us?

Fatman,

You don't know about the wild boar strike-----maybe you are very young----. That strike was due to the highest incompetence ofPAF commander of the base. Sargodha area is known for wild boars---it was a known fact that these creatures came running across the runway at their discretion. But our great commander of the base was trying to save 1 million ruppees not to plant the fence but sacrificed a 10 million dollar plane.

That boom was heard across the city. I know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom