What's new

Bill introduced to remove US from United Nations

Check the article again:

Which Countries Contribute The Most To The United Nations?
Jul 15, 2016 @ 08:16 AM
Niall McCarthy , Contributor

Which countries contribute the most to United Nations operations, projects and programmes every year? According to a recently released report, total procurement of goods and services for operational activities of the UN system reached $17.6 billion in 2015, a considerable increase on $13.8 billion back in 2009.

The organisation procured goods and services from 224 different countries and territories last year with 124 of them providing $10 million or more each. The top ten countries supplying the UN system accounted for 44.8 percent of its total procurement volume ($7.9 billion) in 2015.

The United States was the UN's largest contributor last year, accounting for 9.37 percent of its procurement volume with contributions amounting to over $1.6 billion. India has been one of the ten highest contributors since 2000 and it was in second place last year, supplying goods and services worth $1.28 billion. The United Arab Emirates came third with $805 million, ahead of Switzerland and Belgium.

Read the full article at http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc...-the-united-nations-infographic/#372f36f837b9
This Forbes article despite uses a title "Contribution", does mention a recently released report, check the link, it's about "Procurement", here it is:

2015 Annual Statistical Report on United Nations Procurement
Original report at https://www.unops.org/SiteCollectionDocuments/ASR/ASR_2015_Full.pdf

What's "procurement"? Check Glossary of Terms on page 4

View attachment 372446

Extracts and screenshot from Executive Summary, page 10-11:

"the overall procurement volume (goods and services combined) of UN organizations in 2015 increased to $17.6 billion, from $17.2 billion in 2014 ‒ an increase of 2.0 per cent"

"The UN system procured goods and services from 224 different countries and territories in 2015, with 124 of these having an annual procurement volume of more than $10 million each in 2015. The next sections of the ASR summarize the UN system’s performance in increasing opportunities for suppliers in developing countries."

View attachment 372448

For details of procurement, go Major purchase orders and contracts from UN organisation, from page 615-616, name of US suppliers, description of goods and services, PO value, are listed. Below is a screenshot from page 616:

View attachment 372443
Who is intentionally misleading people here?

Ok so now you are quoting the entire $17B number instead of your original simple UN membership fee number (which if you add up the membership fees in that handy first chart you provided does not come anywhere close to $17B but you made sure to highlight the US contributes only $594M in membership fees compared to the $1,647M the UN "purchases" from the US).. So this $17B includes all the money countries are contributing above and beyond normal membership fees. Who do you think contributes the most to that $17B total? So if your claim is out of that huge $17B the UN procured $1,647M from the US then I think the US is not exactly taking more out than we put in.​

Last edited:

Ok so now you are quoting the $17B number instead of your original UN budget number (which if you add up the membership fees in that handy chart you provided does not come anywhere close to $17B). So this includes all the money countries are contributing above and beyond normal membership fees. Who do you think contributes the most to that $17B total? So if your claim is out of that huge $17B the UN procured $1,647M from the US then I think the US is not exactly taking more out than we put in.

Doesn't change US earns from being in UN.

So does China and a bunch of other countries. However the US is in the red when it comes to UN earnings while others are in the black.
Then prove it. The way i see it, Shotgunner prove that USA is in the black being inside UN. This bill is a sham to fool US citizen that the republican did something, and then rejected after a good show. Theatricals.

Then prove it. The way i see it, Shotgunner prove that USA is in the black being inside UN. This bill is a sham to fool US citizen that the republican did something, and then rejected after a good show. Theatricals.

I don't think either of us have posted the exact number of the US contribution to the $17B total. It certainly is way over $1,647M.

If you say that he has proven things then you can easily write in the amount that should be where the "?" Is.

$17B - (the amount the US gives to the UN) = ?

I told you stop quoting me.

You have officially made a fool out of yourself by making a fuss out of nothing.

Good bye.

Stop using a public forum, if you can't tackle it. Quoting comes with replying as you have been doing, get use to it or get out of it.

For their illegitimate Child that is Israel US wont leave UN , Some how US is been used to veto any Resolution against Israel and the Jewish Lobby in US is far more strong than the Govt's it self .. UN has failed badly to keep basic Peace let alone doing anything else to prevent wars or humanitarian Aids .. Poverty still exists , Wars are burning cities , Refugee's are living in camps , 5 Countries have Godly powers to select fate of the future World ... UN is a shitty Org which should have been disbanded long ago .. Wars will still be fought with or Without UN but at least than UN can't brush the one sided Point of view as Gospel truth while the blood of other side spills and never been avenged ..

This is indeed the case. This is what the UN is unable to address, gross injustice at global scale. Thugs are in places to call the shots for their masters while victims of their repression are labelled as terrorists, savages, supporters of monsters created, armed and funded by them.

Last edited:
Stop using a public forum, if you can't tackle it. Quoting comes with replying as you have been doing, get use to it or get out of it.

You are the one who started me and you are hell bent on being insulted.

I am warning you again, stop quoting me and stop wasting my time.

You are beyond repair.

You are the one who started me and you are hell bent on being insulted.

I am warning you again, stop quoting me and stop wasting my time.

You are beyond repair.

I'm hell bent on being insulted says one intolerant wise guy. Now, am I supposed to be scared to death by your nazi threats? Public forum is not for people like you, get the hell out.

I'm hell bent on being insulted says one intolerant wise guy. Now, am I supposed to be scared to death by your nazi threats? Public forum is not for people like you, get the hell out.

If I was intolerant, I would have stooped down to your level.

But you are brain damaged beyond repair.

Get well soon.

If I was intolerant, I would have stooped down to your level.

But you are brain damaged beyond repair.

Get well soon.

You can't stoop down, you're already at the bottom. I've heard it numerous times from the lying indians, the "don't quote me" dialogue. It's a popular dialogue of the losers on PDF.

Back
Top Bottom