What's new

Best Games village ever seen:Games delegates

We should have such games in south like Chennie and Bangalore. They will do much better. Delhi is known for deals. By far the most corrupt game ever, anyone disagree?

17_09_2010_018_004.jpg

51120171.jpg

getimage.dll

90258065.jpg

86475818.jpg

‘World’s largest’ bus depot in Delhi

Thanks to the Commonwealth Games (CWG), the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) may soon find its name in the Guinness Book of Records. DTC's Millennium Park Bus Depot, which will provide buses to athletes, delegates and mediapersons during the 10-day sporting extravaganza, has come up as the world's largest depot for buses.

Spread over a sprawling 60-acre-plot, along the western banks of the Yamuna, the parking can accommodate 1,000 buses at any given point in time.:cheers:

The Millennium Park depot has overtaken the Central Bus Station, located in Tel Aviv (Israel), which is spread over 57 acres and can accommodate 800 buses.:yahoo::yahoo:

The bus depot has five bus parking-cum-scanning centres, eight washing pits, four huge water tanks for washing buses, two separate tanks for fire reserve and drinking water, seven dormitories, where 500 persons can stay and two CNG filling stations.

Delhi police have also set up a cargo scanner and command centre especially for the Commonwealth Games.

"This depot will provide 600 buses during the Games for athletes and delegates. After the Games, it will be used as a normal DTC bus depot," Delhi transport minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said.

x610mb.jpg

610xe.jpg

610xcz.jpg

610xrh.jpg

610xtb.jpg

Hmmm,i never knew that we had World's largest bus depot.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Complete waste of money for chest-thumping of few ruling elite.

If you live in Delhi, please let me know if you are able to get a ticket with out any VIP or VVIP connection.

Sufficient tickets wont be sold, and the VIPs and VVIPs will have "Eat all you can" free passes.

Back
Top Bottom