What's new

Best Games village ever seen:Games delegates

STD

BANNED
Reaction score
The delegates from various Commonwealth countries who have arrived for a recce of the facilities said that this was by far the “poshest” Games Village they’ve seen. “It is unusual for Games to have this kind of high-end accommodation. We are used to more of a social housing kind of Games Village,”
said Chris Jenkins, a chef de mission from Wales.

“The dining area is the most important part because athletes eat a lot. So, food is central to the accommodation facility,” he said.

The Games Village was officially opened on Thursday by performing rituals through all faiths — Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism.:-The greatness of INDIA.

On Friday, the delegates will visit the various venues to check preparedness. But so far, they are impressed from what they see.

“The Games Village is of top notch. We had remarked this even when we came in May. Some of the works, which are underway in the flats, will be completed before the athletes arrive, we were told,” he said.

The entire 27.17 acre of the property looks as plush as it can get with three sparkling blue swimming pools right at the entrance, the shopping arcades, travel offices and other commercial areas. The training area, with a gymnasium, running track and other facilities lie in the right.

Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Organising Committee said the Village would be the best the Games has ever seen. Delhi’s Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna and Leader of Opposition VK Malhotra were also present at the occasion.

:cheers::cheers:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Best-Games-Village-ever-seen-Delegates/Article1-601042.aspx

Finally! some good news:tup:

Here are some of the latest pics.

add2.jpg

86.jpg

17.jpg

1st.jpg

Trisonics i have seen better than this in Chennai.

BTW foreigners say that poor hygiene problems is worst feared than terrorism with regards of CWGs in India

BTW foreigners say that poor hygiene problems is worst feared than terrorism with regards of CWGs in India

Where in Chennai? Look carefully, even in the West "Hard Wood Flooring" is considered expensive. Again, what hygiene problem? are you suggesting the athletes are not hygenic? :blink:

few people have said that, and its not a big deal for india, we can afford and will provide all the facilities to all the players.

Please ignore few people guys....nothing irritates them much....or else u may get a ban of one mth.....just report offtopic and irrelevent posts....and move on

The news quote Kalmadi. I don't believe that MF he is just saving his *** and playing by creating media hype. I suspect they plan to buy media.

And common wealth theme song suuucks......just hope everything goes fine....ayodhya verdict is also due...tough times ahead.....

Where in Chennai? Look carefully, even in the West "Hard Wood Flooring" is considered expensive.

oh come on Residency chain has better flooring than this. The bed shown in this pic also sucks if thats a standard for the athletics

Again, what hygiene problem? are you suggesting the athletes are not hygenic? :blink:

Nevermind. Follow news closely

Looks good in pictures. However the proof of the pudding is in eating. Let's wait till the game ends & see what the reactions are goin to be like?? I hope everything goes well, fingers crossed!!!

golf18.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I doubt if even the olympics have better games village accomodation facilities than this

Back
Top Bottom