What's new

Benelli And Keeway Motorcycles Launched in Pakistan!

The Sandman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Since the start of this year, Buraq Automobile has been teasing the launch of Benelli and Keeway Motorbikes for Pakistan. Now, the wait is over following the launch ceremony of Benelli and Keeway in Faletti’s Hotel in Lahore. Currently, both Benelli, originally an Italian Motorcycle Manufacturer and Keeway, a Motorcycle brand from Hungary are owned and operated by Chinese Qianjiang Motors.

The launch took place after a joint venture between Buraq Automobile, and Qianjiang Motor Company of China was put into motion. Benelli would be selling its TNT 25 motorbike in our market. TNT 25 comes with a 250cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled engine giving it the power of 25 horses at the red-line of 9000-RPM along with 21.5Nm of torque at 7000-RPM. This 0.25-liter engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission. In addition to this, it comes standard with electronic ignition along with both front and rear disk brakes. It will be available in two colors i.e. red and black. Benelli will sell it at a competitive price of PKR 455,000 which is over PKR 2.5lac less than the price of its direct competitor in Pakistan, the Suzuki Inazuma.

Furthermore, Keeway has launched two motorcycles for Pakistani market, RKS150sport (CG) and RKS150sport (GS). Both the bikes come equipped with 150cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air-cooled engines. The key difference between both the variants is the engine; (GS) option has what Keeway reported as the more stable engine of the two which gives it a power output of 11bhp as compared to 10bhp of (CG) variant. In addition to this Keeway claims that GS model would do 35-40km/l in comparison to CG’s 30-35km/l. Other than that, both the bikes would come with a 5-speed transmission with both electric and kick start option on board. Front brakes of both the bikes would be disc with the rear ones being drum. Both GS and CG variants would come with three color options; blue, black and red. Keeway has priced the GS variant at PKR 199,000 and CG at PKR 189,000.

popup1-1.jpg

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/benelli-and-keeway-motorcycles-launched-in-pakistan/
@Max Pain @Zibago

Inazuma is overpriced for 250cc, good to see TNT25 beating Inazuma price wise. Buraq motors need to establish service and parts distribution centers across Pakistan in order for these bikes to be successful. Buraq is also selling the agency of these bikes for Rs2mill, I doubt anybody will be interested.

On the other hand RKS150 is still more than Suzuki150 and comparatively Suzuki150 is better both in price and specs. Therefore I doubt RKS150 will make any impact.

I'm still waiting for a decent cruiser bike to be launched in Pakistan, Suzuki M800 intruder is still selling at around Rs1.7million in Pakistan, I'd rather buy a plot in bahria for that much price...haha

Yes Ive been following this Benelli keeway duo since Feburary, was very excited but thr prices have disappointed me,
In india the Benelli Tnt 25 costa 1.6 laks which is roughly 2.6 lakh in Pakistani currency however Burraq auto have released it for 4 lakh 55 thousand pkr which is beyond many biker's range.
Im afraid Benelli and Keeway wont be able to make any substantial impact and will probably end up making a niche market.

They should have started with low rates. As the market in Pakistan is still in the hand of Honda. These bikes are nice but to Expensive. RKS 150 price tag should be around Honda 125 price tag, keeway and benilli both need to capture the market my guess is they have failed to do so , there first impression is not the one that will go good with the large population.

@Max Pain

You were at the launching ceremony, din't you have any Q&A's session and did you suggest anything etc...
makes no sense in launching RKS150 especially when you have a better alternate in Suzuki150. We need more competition in Pakistan and introduction of some cruiser bikes like Royal Enfield, Honda Shadow/Phantom, Yamaha Bolt/Stryker, Suzuki Intruder.

Are they being imported or manufactured in Pakistan? If they are manufactured, prices should be low but if they are imported, the duty on import of brand new vehicle is very high.

Over-priced:bunny: ....I was waiting for Benelli ....I thought it would make a great match with my Benelli shotgun ...but :cray:

Once again, the tagging system failed me with no notification, but I have been following this story and this thread already.
Chlo koi nai,, you are here!!
:)
Hope the folks here will benefit from your views and experience with bikes. Since i am not a bike guys, not even remotely, i wont be contributing much to anything here. :P

Chlo koi nai,, you are here!!
:)
Hope the folks here will benefit from your views and experience with bikes. Since i am not a bike guys, not even remotely, i wont be contributing much to anything here. :P

I am glad to participate here. These new bikes seem to be good designs, but I pointed out some time ago that the Pakistani market prefers the old style seats that are flat from front to back, since most ladies ride side-saddle, and it helps with three-up (or more) riding when needed.

I am glad to participate here. These new bikes seem to be good designs, but I pointed out some time ago that the Pakistani market prefers the old style seats that are flat from front to back, since most ladies ride side-saddle, and it helps with three-up (or more) riding when needed.
Well even if i am not a bike guy i can add one little thing, this design is not only "not liked" due to the ladies or the three-up use, it is seriously discomforting for even two men. :( Looks like you are in a Cobra gunship, only the guy at back should have the controls then. It is quite uncomfortable for even two people and in Pakistan bike is more of a utility then a luxury vehicle/ride.

Well even if i am not a bike guy i can add one little thing, this design is not only "not liked" due to the ladies or the three-up use, it is seriously discomforting for even two men. :( Looks like you are in a Cobra gunship, only the guy at back should have the controls then. It is quite uncomfortable for even two people and in Pakistan bike is more of a utility then a luxury vehicle/ride.

Those designs work best with a pretty lady sitting astride on the back. Trust me, I know! :D

Back
Top Bottom