What's new

Ben Affleck gets worked up defending Islam on Bill Maher's show

You have done jack all.
YOU may dellde yourself that you have done anything even remotely approaching debunking with anything remotely approaching facts.

Once again -- remember readers can read plain English -- and can see through your evasive tactics.

I claim that Western media has a strong bias which allows bigoted Jews to criticize Christianity and Islam, as a legitimate debate, and censors out anything against Judaism by bigoted Christians and Muslims.

I asked you to show me an example debunking my claim. I asked you to show me an instance where a bigoted Iranians, Arab or Kazakh promotes negative stereotypes of Jews -- as the Jewish bigot Sacha Baraon Cohen is allowed to do to these groups -- and that racial stereotyping of Jews is promoted by the Western media as legitimate entertainment..

Provide factual evidence on these two points, or keep entertaining us with your evasive tactics.

I think Hussain Haqqani is probably far more accomplished a debater than that.

I enjoy playing with these people because readers can see that they rarely back up their claims with facts. All they come up with are vacuous platitudes, or desperate attempts at diversion.

It's important to let the readers see the hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty of these apologists.

Let the readers read my responses too, in which I have clearly shown how your case for grievance against Western media is total bunkum. I have no problems resting my case as proven.

Let the readers read my responses too, in which I have clearly shown how your case for grievance against Western media is total bunkum. I have no problems resting my case as proven.

Readers can see how you repeatedly failed to provide specific examples of critique and negative stereotyping of Jews and Judaism by non-Jews in the mainstream Western media.

Please don't confuse your popularity with the apologist crowd as being indicative of "proving" anything, least of all anything to do with logic or reality.

Readers can see how you repeatedly failed to provide specific examples of critique and negative stereotyping of Jews and Judaism by non-Jews in the mainstream Western media.

Please don't confuse your popularity with the apologist crowd as being indicative of "proving" anything, least of all anything to do with logic or reality.

I have already shown how the debate on Bill Maher's show was balanced, with Ben Affleck providing the counter balance. Bill Maher himself has refused to call 9/11 terrorists cowards. But then again, as a true Pakistani "think tank", refusing to see evidence is a typical national trait. That Sir, is not my problem, but yours, as the readers can judge for themselves.

I have already shown how the debate on Bill Maher's show was balanced, with Ben Affleck providing the counter balance. Bill Maher himself has refused to call 9/11 terrorists cowards. But then again, as a true Pakistani "think tank", refusing to see evidence is a typical national trait.

That's not what I asked you.

I wrote that Western media doesn't allow non-Jews to criticize Judaism, in the same way that Jews are allowed to criticize Christianity and Islam. Western media allows Jews to make racist stereotypes of non-Jews, but does not allow non-Jews to do the reverse.

You said that my criticism was incorrect which, in the English language, means that Western media does allow those kinds of content in the mainstream.

So, show us examples of such content, or admit that you were blabbering vacuous platitudes as usual which you can 't back up with evidence.

That Sir, is not my problem, but yours, as the readers can judge for themselves.

The only readers patting you are the usual suspects..

I am quite enjoying holding you accountable for your words and demanding that you provide evidence to back your claims ....

Last edited:
That's not what I asked you.

I wrote that Western media doesn't allow non-Jews to criticize Judaism, in the same way that Jews are allowed to criticize Christianity and Islam. Western media allows Jews to make racist stereotypes of non-Jews, but does not allow non-Jews to do the reverse.

You said that my criticism was incorrect which, in the English language, means that Western media does allow those kinds of content in the mainstream.

So, show us examples of such content, or admit that you were blabbering vacuous platitudes as usual which you can 't back up with evidence.

The only readers patting you are the usual suspects..

I am quite enjoying holding you accountable for your words and demanding that you provide evidence to back your claims ....

The pleasure is all mine Sir. My case speaks for itself. :D

@gambit Have you watched the following program? What are you views on it if you have, if you please.

Here is a great example of fair coverage from all sides that is being aired on Al-Jazeera America for all to view and think about:

Gaza: Media, myths and the mainstream - Listening Post - Al Jazeera English

When the latest Gaza war broke out in July, there was a parallel conflict taking place in the global media. Myths and propaganda made their way into mainstream coverage and distorted the already conflicting, and highly contentious narratives.

Critics of Israeli government PR did not just take issue with the spin from the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, they lamented the fact that mainstream Western media bought into that story too readily. And there were pro-Palestinian voices questioning Israel’s emphasis on so-called “human shields”, calling for more contextualised reporting.

The pro-Israel camp then came back with a media counter-offensive, accusing the international media of directing too much attention to Palestinian suffering and underreporting the missiles fired by Hamas.

Our lead report addresses these arguments with help from Yousef Munayyer, the director of the Palestine Center in Washington, DC and journalist and author Rula Jebreal - two commentators who themselves took media bias to task on the air of mainstream US networks. We also spoke with Philip Weiss, co-editor of Mondoweiss; and Lahav Harkov, Knesset reporter for The Jerusalem Post.

Much of the battle of ideas continues to take place on social media, where Israel and its supporters face-off with voices who stand apart from the established media on the Israel-Palestine story. In our ALT.MEDIAsegment, we showcase some of the key online outlets who are challenging the mainstream: Electronic Intifada, Mondoweiss, +972 Magazine and Visualizing Palestine.

And none of this is to forget the reporters on the ground bringing the reality of the war to audiences around the world.

The Listening Post’s Will Yong asks what it meant for Gazan journalists who were covering a war that was fought outside their own front doors, focusing on the only Gazan reporting for an Israeli paper, and interviewing the editor of an Israeli newspaper who sees his outlet’s job as telling Israel’s side of the story.

Islam row with Ben Affleck, Bill Maher responds: 'We're not bigoted people'

As debate rages on across social media following Ben Affleck's angry exchange with TV host Bill Maher over Islam, Maher has defended his position and argued it has won over a new audience.

The pair clashed angrily on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher show on Friday, after Maher's sweeping statements about an entire religion, with Affleck calling comments "gross and racist" and "broad brush".

In response to the outrage ongoing since Friday, Maher told Salon.com: "We're liberals."

"We're not bigoted people. On the contrary, we're trying to stand up for the principles of liberalism. And so, you know, I think we're just saying we need to identify illiberalism wherever we find it in the world, and not forgive it because it comes from [a group] people perceive as a minority."

Maher had argued on his show that "it's the only religion that acts like the mafia, that will f---ing kill you if you say the wrong thing, draw the wrong picture or write the wrong book".

He told Salon.com that he didn't care if he was being forced out of the contemporary liberal community and said his arguments were part of a "healthy" debate.

He said his studio audience had come around to his line of thinking. "When I used to talk about it, it was just either stony silence or outright booing and now I notice quite a shift," he said, adding that some of his audience had cheered.

"I think it's just how you frame it. And there's a knee-jerk reaction sometimes among liberals – Oh, we need to be protective of a group that certainly does face prejudice and bigotry in America (and I'm certainly against that) - but we need to understand that it's a wider issue."

On the show last week Maher, who has a long history of criticising organised religion and Islam, hosted a panel featuring Affleck and atheist author Sam Harris.

Harris claimed that people had been sold the "meme of Islamophobia, where criticism of the religion gets conflated with bigotry towards muslims as people".

Affleck reacted with horror and waded in, saying their talk was "gross and racist". "It's like saying, 'Oh, you shifty Jew,'" he said.

Harris continued to argue that Islam was currently the "motherlode of bad ideas", and Maher agreed, which led Affleck to counter, "It's just an ugly thing to say", before launching into a tirade.

"How about more than a billion people who aren't fanatical, who don't punch women, who just want to go to school, have some sandwiches, pray five times a day and don't do any of the things you're saying of all Muslims. It's stereotyping," Affleck said.

He went on to say: "What is your solution? To condemn Islam? To do what? We've killed more Muslims than they've killed us by an awful lot."

Read more: Islam row with Ben Affleck, Bill Maher responds: 'We're not bigoted people'

Yes, Bill Maher Is Boorish. But We Shouldn't Be Afraid to Criticize Islam.
By Eric Sasson
Last Friday, controversy-generator Bill Maher made some remarks on his HBO show that suggested that liberals needs to stand up for liberal principles and that on so many issues (LGBT rights, freedom of speech and religion, etc.) the Islamic faith is “lacking.” First his views on Muslims were called “racist” and “gross” by current Box Office champ Ben Affleck, then noted religious scholar Reza Aslan told CNN's Don Lemon that Maher “is not very sophisticated in the way that he thinks” on religion, and that opinions conflating extremist Muslim countries with all Muslim countries are “frankly stupid.” Several outlets joined in to decry Maher, saying his attack on Islam “comes from the same shallow thinking he generally accuses the average American population of engaging in.”

It's true that Maher, who is notoriously opposed to organized religion, often condemns with broad brushstrokes. His statements on Islam in particular are crude and overly simplistic, crafted to antagonize or get an easy laugh rather than enlighten. And yet, it seems a bit facile to dismiss his central points simply by claiming he's stereotyping or generalizing. Sure, Maher's a loudmouth who seems to take particular glee in riling up liberals who might otherwise agree with him. But his lack of nuance should not be met by an equal lack of nuance.

Maher's three main points, as I understood them, were:

1) Liberals who advocate equal rights for women and LGBT people at home are often too reluctant to condemn cultures that oppress those groups.

2) Criticism of Islam should be allowed, and should not be conflated with bigotry toward Muslims.

3) “Extremist” views are not held by a small minority of Muslims, but rather by a plurality of citizens in many, if not most, Muslim countries. (Likely Maher states this as “fact” based on studies such as this one from Pew Research.)

The question of a double standard on equal rights has much to do with the left's longstanding devotion to multiculturalism and cultural relativism: that we must respect the value systems of cultures different from our own, and that, since we are all morally compromised, we shouldn't cast stones. As Aslan points out in his CNN interview, Saudi Arabia may be the most extreme Muslim country in the Middle East, and still it's the United States' closest Arab ally. Too often we have funded extremist regimes in the region at the expense of fostering democracy, creating an environment for radical Islam to thrive.

But this doesn't negate the argument that there is a double standard. Even if we admit complicity in the rise of militant Islam, we have every right to condemn the values of Islamic fundamentalists. Fears of cultural imperiousness cannot allow us to ignore or, worse, justify beliefs and behavior in other cultures that we would never accept here at home. What's more, the closer we keep to countries whose values we abhor, the better chance we have of influencing those values for the better.

As for criticizing Islam, it is certainly true that, given the post-9/11 demonization of Muslims by many Americans, we must be careful about choosing our targets. Moderate Muslims exist the world over—Muslims who oppose extremism, who hate the Islamic State and Al Qaeda, who oppose sharia law. There are even Muslims who agree with liberals on issues such as abortion and gay rights.

But the fact is, Islam includes troubling teachings—just as many other religions, including Christianity, do. While certainly subject to interpretation, the Q'uran does refer to many regressive-sounding ideas, including a husband's right to discipline his wife by striking her, and, as Maher mentioned on his show, proscribing the death penalty for apostasy.

But if you make this point in America, knee-jerk liberals will call you Islamophobic. If you slight Allah, either unintentionally (Katy Perry) or for comedy (“South Park”), you'll be hounded until you remove the offending material. And if you're Somali-born writer and activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who has said “violence is inherent in Islam” and “Islam is the new facism,” a university will refuse to confer an honorary degree to you. I cannot defend Ali's statements, but they don't discredit her wholesale. She has done important work exposing "honor violence" against women and genital mutilation, issues which most liberals would agree with her on.

Maher's final point—that many Muslims do hold extremist views—proved the most incendiary. Affleck equated Maher's remarks with those who describe “shifty Jews” and “black people shooting each other.” Aslan cited statistics about how female genital mutilation is not a Muslim-country problem but a Central African problem. Aslan also noted that seven Muslim countries have elected women as their leaders, emphatically holding up Malaysia, Indonesia, and Turkey as prime examples of countries where women are treated equally to men.

But recent reports from Human Rights Watch suggest a “significant rollback” of rights for women in Indonesia. Malaysia is proof that female genital mutilation is indeed a problem outside of Africa. And Turkey is a misleading example, as the advances in women's rights there occurred under the secularist regime of its first president, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, and those who followed in his footsteps. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Turkey's current Islamist president, has come under fire from Human Rights Watch for “a series of human rights violations including the weakening of the rule of law, pressure on the media, crackdowns on peaceful protests and the rolling back of democratic gains the country has achieved in previous years.”

Most telling: Azlan made no mention whatsoever of LGBT rights in any Muslim nation. Polls show that the majority of people in Muslim nations think homosexuality is morally wrong, with the numbers hovering near 90 percent in most countries. The punishment for homosexual activity in the majority of these countries involve prison sentences, while some include hard labor, forced psychiatric treatment, whippings, and death by public stoning.

It should not be considered “generalizing” to cite these statistics. But neither should pointing them out—or labeling Islam “the mother lode of bad ideas,” as one of Maher's other guests, Sam Harris, did—convince us that we are somehow solving the problem. Maher's boorishness succeeded in bringing these issues back into the spotlight, but if we are to approach a criticism of Islam in a thoughtful way, we must be judicious while remaining honest. It's just as easy to say that Islam itself is the problem as it is to say that criticizing Islam is tantamount to bigotry. Neither are true, and neither advance the liberal cause in any way. If we're going to have the courage—or the gall, depending on your perspective—to demand that other cultures be more progressive, our domestic debates ought to reflect the best of our own progressive culture. We must show them something worthy of emulation.

When Ben Affleck and Bill Maher Debate Islam, Everyone Loses
Any reforms are most likely to come from people who are Muslims themselves.

October 8, 2014 It was a long and meaty debate by talk-show standards, which is to say it was short and stupid.

Ben Affleck, Bill Maher, Sam Harris, Nicholas Kristof and Michael Steele spent several minutes debating Islam on Maher’s HBO show last week, and the debate among the liberals in the bunch got pretty heated. (Steele didn’t contribute much.)

I don’t subscribe to the old rule that you should never argue about religion, but watching this exchange you begin to see the point of it. Both sides illustrated how these arguments often go wrong.

Maher and Harris were saying that their fellow liberals don’t criticize Islamic radicalism and illiberalism enough. Harris, an author of atheistic polemics, said that criticism of “the doctrine of Islam” shouldn’t be “conflated with bigotry against Muslims as people.”

These comments led to some predictable offense-taking. Affleck jumped in to say that criticism of the Muslim world was “gross,” “racist” and “stereotyping.” Kristof, a New York Times columnist, said that there was “a tinge” of “how white racists talk” in the criticism, and that it amounted to “caricaturing” places like Malaysia.

Islam is not, of course, a race, and Harris wasn’t claiming that all Muslims held the views he was criticizing — such as the beliefs that adulterers should be stoned and apostates from Islam killed, which appear to be held by small majorities of Malaysian Muslims.

Maher overstated his point: It isn’t true, as he asserted, that 90 percent of Egyptians support the death penalty for leaving Islam. But the true number, 64 percent according to a Pew Research Center poll, is bad enough. That these views are much more widely held among Muslims than among Christians, Jews or Buddhists is simply a fact, and it isn’t bigotry to say so.

But Harris and Maher went off track themselves: At no point did either distinguish between criticizing beliefs common among Muslims and criticizing Islam itself. Harris started things off, recall, by attributing these pernicious beliefs to “the doctrine of Islam.” Later on, he defended himself by saying, “We have to be able to criticize bad ideas, and Islam is the mother lode of bad ideas.” Maher, absurdly, chimed in: “That’s just a fact.”

I don’t find it offensive when people criticize Islam (or, for that matter, Christianity) as a font of bad ideas. But I think it’s more likely to be counterproductive than useful in countering illiberalism and radicalism among Muslims. And it’s not a stretch to treat an attack on the Islamic religion as a criticism of all or most Muslims.

Liberals, and others, need to be able to keep in their minds two things simultaneously: Much of the Muslim world is in need of reformation, and any reforms are most likely to come from people who are Muslims themselves — not from people who dismiss their religion as the “mother lode of bad ideas.”

SAM HARRIS RESPONDS!

Last edited:
Did anyone already post this:

An Open Letter to Bill Maher From a Muslim American

The problem isn't Islam. It's your movement to demonize Islam in the liberal left.

Hey there, Bill. You hate religion. You particularly hate Islam. We get it. Your liberal bigotry against Muslims and Islam is no secret. For a while now I’ve just avoided watching your show, which kind of stinks because for many years I was a great fan and really loved it. I wasn’t even bothered when you called out Muslims doing stupid, criminal or horrific things. You do that with a lot of groups, and it’s important to do. But I stopped watching when it became clear that you loathed a faith I was devoted to.

Pope Francis Wouldn’t Have Wanted the Nobel Peace PrizeThe Pope’s New American Archbishop Might Address Income InequalityMost Nurses Don't Feel Ready to Fight Ebola, Survey Shows NBC NewsThunderstorms, Hail, Floods: Millions Face Severe WeatherNBC NewsWhy Obama Will Always Be Welcome in One Irish Village NBC News
On your show you recently discussed the kidnapping of hundreds of girls by Boko Haram, followed by the new sharia laws in Brunei, and rounded out the segment with a nod to your buddy Ayaan Hirsi Ali—quite the trifecta of examples to support your conclusion that Islam itself is, as you said, “the problem.” Your reasoning is essentially that Muslims are doing many horrible things around the world, and they all believe in Islam, so naturally Islam is the nonnegotiable culprit.

Let’s ignore for now the numerous logical fallacies in your premise and instead follow your exact line of reasoning. If we are to accept your rationale, we have to also accept that, if many Muslims are doing good things around the world, and they all believe in Islam, then Islam is responsible for the good that they do. We also accept, given that Ali’s criticism of Islam is based on her personal experience, that the positive personal experience of other Muslims, including converts, are just as valid reflections on the faith.

For the sake of argument, and being as generous as possible, let’s say Islam has been a force of destruction for 50% of Muslims and a source of empowerment, peace and comfort for the other 50%. Where exactly does that leave us? Whose experience of Islam is legitimate? If Boko Haram is, in your estimation, an authentic expression of Islam, what do you make of the hundreds of Nigerian Muslim families who were sending their daughters to school? Why isn’t their dedication, like Malala Yousafzai’s dedication, to girls’ education an authentic expression of Islam? What do you deduct from the fact most Muslim women in the world are not circumcised? Are they just doing Islam wrong? Are all the good, peaceful Muslims doing Islam wrong?

You noted that women are treated at best like second-class citizens, but most often like property in Islam. The first Muslim woman, Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, a successful businesswoman, boss-lady and wife to the Prophet Muhammad, and the other Muslim women of his time would have snickered at you. Women of the region were chattel before Islam, treated and traded as such, until the Quran freed them through revelations such as “O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will.”

I could tell you that Islam was the first system to establish women’s property rights, inheritance rights, the right to education, to marry and divorce of their free will, to be religious scholars, business owners, soldiers. I could tell you that while Christianity was debating the status of women’s souls anddeclaring them a source of sin, Islam had already established authoritatively the spiritual equality of men and women and absolved Eve, and womankind at large, of sin. I could tell you that the world and history is full of highly educated, successful Muslim women who are empowered by their faith, not debilitated by it. I could tell you terrorism is categorically forbidden in Islam, and that between 1970 and 2012, 97.5% of terror attacks in the U.S. were carried out by non-Muslims. I could tell you that female genital mutilation is never mentioned in the Quran; the only reference to it is found in a weak narration, and scholars find it objectionable to the point of being classified as impermissible.

Nothing I tell you would matter, though. The facts are irrelevant. That’s how bigotry operates. It’s both telling and troubling that you referred to these issues as “the Muslim question.” The reference didn’t escape me and it’s hard to believe it was anything but deliberate. Think for a second about what was unleashed by the “Jewish question” in Europe. Bigotry sometimes does that, too.

So while I support you in continuing to expose Muslims and others who shock the conscience of decent people, who destroy lives, and who wreak havoc, I caution you on the anti-Islam rhetoric. You have a massive following and are successfully leading a movement to demonize Islam in the liberal left, a place many American Muslims call home. You are leading people into rocks and hard places when you posit that Islam is the problem. You are putting Muslims up against a wall and pushing those who fear us further into spaces where little choice is left. As the mother of two American-born daughters, and a Muslim who calls the U.S. her home, I worry deeply about the solutions your followers may propose to your “Muslim question.” You should too.

Rabia Chaudry is an attorney and the founder and president of the Safe Nation Collaborative
An Open Letter to Bill Maher From a Muslim American

Did anyone already post this:

The problem isn't Islam. It's your movement to demonize Islam in the liberal left.

Hey there, Bill. You hate religion. You particularly hate Islam. We get it. Your liberal bigotry against Muslims and Islam is no secret. For a while now I’ve just avoided watching your show, which kind of stinks because for many years I was a great fan and really loved it. I wasn’t even bothered when you called out Muslims doing stupid, criminal or horrific things. You do that with a lot of groups, and it’s important to do. But I stopped watching when it became clear that you loathed a faith I was devoted to.

Pope Francis Wouldn’t Have Wanted the Nobel Peace PrizeThe Pope’s New American Archbishop Might Address Income InequalityMost Nurses Don't Feel Ready to Fight Ebola, Survey Shows NBC NewsThunderstorms, Hail, Floods: Millions Face Severe WeatherNBC NewsWhy Obama Will Always Be Welcome in One Irish Village NBC News
On your show you recently discussed the kidnapping of hundreds of girls by Boko Haram, followed by the new sharia laws in Brunei, and rounded out the segment with a nod to your buddy Ayaan Hirsi Ali—quite the trifecta of examples to support your conclusion that Islam itself is, as you said, “the problem.” Your reasoning is essentially that Muslims are doing many horrible things around the world, and they all believe in Islam, so naturally Islam is the nonnegotiable culprit.

Let’s ignore for now the numerous logical fallacies in your premise and instead follow your exact line of reasoning. If we are to accept your rationale, we have to also accept that, if many Muslims are doing good things around the world, and they all believe in Islam, then Islam is responsible for the good that they do. We also accept, given that Ali’s criticism of Islam is based on her personal experience, that the positive personal experience of other Muslims, including converts, are just as valid reflections on the faith.

For the sake of argument, and being as generous as possible, let’s say Islam has been a force of destruction for 50% of Muslims and a source of empowerment, peace and comfort for the other 50%. Where exactly does that leave us? Whose experience of Islam is legitimate? If Boko Haram is, in your estimation, an authentic expression of Islam, what do you make of the hundreds of Nigerian Muslim families who were sending their daughters to school? Why isn’t their dedication, like Malala Yousafzai’s dedication, to girls’ education an authentic expression of Islam? What do you deduct from the fact most Muslim women in the world are not circumcised? Are they just doing Islam wrong? Are all the good, peaceful Muslims doing Islam wrong?

You noted that women are treated at best like second-class citizens, but most often like property in Islam. The first Muslim woman, Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, a successful businesswoman, boss-lady and wife to the Prophet Muhammad, and the other Muslim women of his time would have snickered at you. Women of the region were chattel before Islam, treated and traded as such, until the Quran freed them through revelations such as “O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will.”

I could tell you that Islam was the first system to establish women’s property rights, inheritance rights, the right to education, to marry and divorce of their free will, to be religious scholars, business owners, soldiers. I could tell you that while Christianity was debating the status of women’s souls anddeclaring them a source of sin, Islam had already established authoritatively the spiritual equality of men and women and absolved Eve, and womankind at large, of sin. I could tell you that the world and history is full of highly educated, successful Muslim women who are empowered by their faith, not debilitated by it. I could tell you terrorism is categorically forbidden in Islam, and that between 1970 and 2012, 97.5% of terror attacks in the U.S. were carried out by non-Muslims. I could tell you that female genital mutilation is never mentioned in the Quran; the only reference to it is found in a weak narration, and scholars find it objectionable to the point of being classified as impermissible.

Nothing I tell you would matter, though. The facts are irrelevant. That’s how bigotry operates. It’s both telling and troubling that you referred to these issues as “the Muslim question.” The reference didn’t escape me and it’s hard to believe it was anything but deliberate. Think for a second about what was unleashed by the “Jewish question” in Europe. Bigotry sometimes does that, too.

So while I support you in continuing to expose Muslims and others who shock the conscience of decent people, who destroy lives, and who wreak havoc, I caution you on the anti-Islam rhetoric. You have a massive following and are successfully leading a movement to demonize Islam in the liberal left, a place many American Muslims call home. You are leading people into rocks and hard places when you posit that Islam is the problem. You are putting Muslims up against a wall and pushing those who fear us further into spaces where little choice is left. As the mother of two American-born daughters, and a Muslim who calls the U.S. her home, I worry deeply about the solutions your followers may propose to your “Muslim question.” You should too.

Rabia Chaudry is an attorney and the founder and president of the Safe Nation Collaborative

A good response, and one that shows yet again that major Western media WILL publish and present ALL sides to an issue, as long as anyone is willing to engage in the debate positively.

liberal bigotry against Muslims and Islam

An idiotic response which only shows how pathetically clueless Muslims are.
Just because some idiot can open an organization and make themselves president doesn't mean they have a brain.

This idiot woman just claimed that Bill Maher represents liberal ideology..

Bill Maher is not a liberal. He is a religious bigot. plain and simple.
He claims to be many things -- politically libertarian, socially liberal, anti-religious extremism -- but he is none of those things.

To call Bill Maher a liberal is an insult to liberalism. Bigots like him would wear this article as a badge of honor.

Last edited:
Just because some idiot can open an organization and make themselves president doesn't mean they have a brain.

She is just a little bit more than just a self-declared President, Sir:

"Rabia Chaudry is a National Security Fellow at the New America Foundation, the President of the Safe Nation Collaborative, and a CVE expert and consultant who focuses on community resilience and law enforcement engagement. She is an attorney with a background in immigration and civil rights law and has been a community and interfaith advocate for many years. She writes and speaks frequently on Islam, Muslims, gender inequities, violent extremism, community advancement, and faith and gender oriented approaches to social justice and conflict."

She is just a little bit more than just a self-declared President, Sir:

"Rabia Chaudry is a National Security Fellow at the New America Foundation, the President of the Safe Nation Collaborative, and a CVE expert and consultant who focuses on community resilience and law enforcement engagement. She is an attorney with a background in immigration and civil rights law and has been a community and interfaith advocate for many years. She writes and speaks frequently on Islam, Muslims, gender inequities, violent extremism, community advancement, and faith and gender oriented approaches to social justice and conflict."

And yet she is clueless about the importance of choosing the right words.

Words matter.
Political consultants make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just for their skill in choosing words.

This idiot woman just decried "liberal bigotry", implying that liberalism is wrong, and that Bill Maher represents the ideals of liberalism.

Compared to the master wordsmiths wielding their craft against Islam, we have these kinds of self-goals.

And yet she is clueless about the importance of choosing the right words.

Words matter.
Political consultants make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just for their skill in choosing words.

This idiot woman just decried "liberal bigotry", implying that liberalism is wrong, and that Bill Maher represents the ideals of liberalism.

Compared to the master wordsmiths wielding their craft against Islam, we have these kinds of self-goals.

Her response overall seems to be pretty effective in presenting a counter-point, don't you think?

@gambit Have you watched the following program? What are you views on it if you have, if you please.
Never watched it. Sorry.

Her response overall seems to be pretty effective in presenting a counter-point, don't you think?
It does not matter. This is about Bill Maher and Sam Harris, the Jews. They must be indicted as Jews, no matter how specious and tenuous their connections to Jewry.

Back
Top Bottom