What's new

Being a woman in Pakistan

Hello... Pakistan has both Islamic and English Law.

In the end Pakistan is a Islamic state where Logic is far overwhelmed by the belief in the supernatural and holding onto backward superstitions. Am i wrong in this ?

No doubt there is much work to be done before Pakistan can step into the modern age. I am optimistic but at the same time it will all come down to the Pakistani people and their willingness to change.

excuse me? but speak for yourself!!!!. women in my family wear jeans & speak English but this is not an excuse to bash other religions just because you have some personal issues with them, being modish & trendy doesn't provide an excuse to be a bigot

I did not say that I have a problem. She was wondering why all th other guys were jumping and I thought this was the reason. Also there are other attributes i mentioned.
and there was nothing bigoted in what she said. i personally dont know what religion the poster belongs to. But I like to think I am agnostic, neither accepting nor deying God.

You mean discussing the damn harassment the women face from the worthy God fearing Muslim men of this country is Islam bashing :lol:

See that's the hypocrisy i am talking about.
Rape was not invented by God fearing Muslim men of Pakistan...

There is no need to involve Islam and Muslims into this..

Rape is an act of brutality and not only Muslims who believe in Allah do it.. it happens all across the globe.. and i hv never i mean NEVER ever seen any one blaming christianity, hinduism, Judaism, budhism or any other religion on the face of this earth for the rape or harrassment of women.

you my sister is a unique/special case.

Cant you put froward your points without involving Islam? God? 72 Virgins? Hell?
i am damn sure further in the discussion you will bring along these excuses.

are you islamophopic?

Rape is an act of brutality and not only Muslims who believe in Allah do it.. it happens all across the globe.. and i hv never i mean NEVER ever seen any one blaming christianity, hinduism, Judaism, budhism or any other religion on the face of this earth for the rape or harrassment of women.

Cant you put froward your points without involving Islam? God? 72 Virgins? Hell?
i am damn sure further in the discussion you will bring along these excuses.

are you islamophopic?

It was not, but in Pakistan, Islam is invoked to let the culprits get away, I think thats her problem. Correct me if im wrong.

In the end Pakistan is a Islamic state where Logic is far overwhelmed by the belief in the supernatural and holding onto backward superstitions. Am i wrong in this ?

No doubt there is much work to be done before Pakistan can step into the modern age. I am optimistic but at the same time it will all come down to the Pakistani people and their willingness to change.

True, but to say the the legal system and civil society ignores the pleas of the persecuted is wrong and illinformed:

War Against Rape Lahore

We sure have a long way to go, but it's not like people are not trying. And it's not like everyone sitting in a magistrates court or the high court is a Islamic Zelot.

are you islamophopic?

Flawed, you said that i posted that harassment thread trying to malign Muslims, what kinda logic is taht?

I just simply replied to that member for what he said, If you are here seeing a conspiracy against Islam even on this thread, then may your God Bless You with your heaven, I never said that Islam advocates rape i just said that bigots use Islam to justify their holiness & there are laws in which makes its difficult for a woman to prove rape

You can call me whatever you want to call, If calling me by names gives you relief than thats just awesome, I cannot stop u from having that pleasure

our people and any religion will end up being a volatile combination, so i will have to agree with that guy that its just not an Islamic thing. But yes .. The part in our religion where there have to be witnesses to the crime is kind of ludicrous.

It was not, but in Pakistan, Islam is invoked to let the culprits get away, I think thats her problem. Correct me if im wrong.
You are gravely wrong Mr. Going by your logic Islamic injuctions were invoked in NRO to let Zaradari and rehman malik control the reigns of state, in a word its all about those in power they twist and bend rules accordingly to accommodate themselves and their twisted beliefs( including forums) nothing to do with Islam

Discussing an issue is not hypocrisy......

But its the same god fearing men who run amok with their hand over their shin .....raping and molesting women...

Tough I have to agree the situation is no better here...but then the law allows women to seek justice and does not force here to provide 2 Witness to the crime......which I feel is further torture to already tortured woman.

I have made my point above....Islam does not provoke to rape a woman...but why is there a need for a woman to provvide multiple witness to the crime that was committed against her....

But no other religion holds women responsible for the crime that was committed against her....and in which religious law is she supposed to present multiple witness to the rape.

Meaningless .... disrespectful words....

are you islamophopic?

Pointless.....

No; it does not - Pakistan justice system is based on UK's Justice System with few amendments.As a matter of fact it is upto victim to go to Constitutional Court or Shria court which largely operates in NWFP Only.Pakistan is in modern age.The weird incidents you hear here and there are largely individual actions- Pakistani Government does not ask people to be backward.There are people who are modernizing with time and then there are people who'd like to stay old - It's upto people really - Pakistani Government cannot force it on people.Pakistan is a free country - A women can wear western dress or she can wear conservative dress so it really is not like other police states like Iran.Pakistan Population is very diverse.

Last edited:

to be honest with you we have not seen full Democracy nor full Shariah law in our country,
Nor we had seen honest, patroitic politicians of character making decisions in favor of our country.
(we were not under Othaman Empire)

So my friend i dont blame Islam or influence of it on us to our current situation nor i am in a postion to declare that every problem we are facing is because of Islam.
So the willingness to change you are talking about should be of character not of Religious Beliefs.

You are gravely wrong Mr. Going by your logic Islamic injuctions were invoked in NRO to let Zaradari and rehman malik control the reigns of state, in a word its all about those in power they twist and bend rules accordingly to accommodate themselves and their twisted beliefs( including forums) nothing to do with Islam
Ok Agree. SO you are saying that Islamic law in Pakistan is just a twisted version of islamic law established according to the interpretation of people ?

this is complicated.. Law is manmade, religion is manmade, therefore religions law is also manmade. So why are we having diferent sets of law instead of a uniform civil code.

Tough I have to agree the situation is no better here...but then the law allows women to seek justice and does not force here to provide 2 Witness to the crime......which I feel is further torture to already tortured woman.

I have made my point above....Islam does not provoke to rape a woman...but why is there a need for a woman to provvide multiple witness to the crime that was committed against her....
: BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan votes to amend rape laws

This was in 2006:

Until now rape cases were dealt with in Sharia courts. Victims had to have four male witnesses to the crime - if not they faced prosecution for adultery.

Now civil courts will be able to try rape cases, assuming the upper house and the president ratify the move.

Ok Agree. SO you are saying that Islamic law in Pakistan is just a twisted version of islamic law established according to the interpretation of people ?

this is complicated.. Law is manmade, religion is manmade, therefore religions law is also manmade. So why are we having diferent sets of law instead of a uniform civil code.
Did you see the way Mukhatara mai case was delt with, because it contracted publicity so there laid a huge pressure on the people in high echelons of power to make sure that she gets justice, islamic law remained same, right? so whats the conclusion, its the people who deny justice not islamic law its same for all, but its the people who discriminate not the islamic law.

Did you see the way Mukhatara mai case was delt with, because it contracted publicity so there laid a huge pressure on the people in high echelons of power to make sure that she gets justice, islamic law remained same, right? so whats the conclusion, its the people who deny justice not islamic law its same for all, but its the people who discriminate not the islamic law.

good point.
but in general I think its better not to mix religion with state (law). in india also there is a law for muslims and one for hindus. but these are mostly personal laws. and then in south india there is ShakeeLaw

Back
Top Bottom