What's new

Being a woman in Pakistan

Well will reply to your comment about why only men, later but i think if you take up Hinduism or Indian culture you see there is this ridiculous tradition of not allowing same gothra marriages. It is as ridiculous as anything when they kill a boy and girl just because they are from same gothra and still dared to marry :angel:

You are absolutely right.This is indeed ridiculous.The only saving grace is that in my country this is illegal and the law forbids any such discrimination,and further this has no place under the Hindu marriage Act.Refer the link below,where the Khaps are trying to get the HMA amended,but that day will never come.I don't know if in pakistan,your Marriage Act is any different from what the religion has pre-ordained.
SC refuses to hear PIL against same gotra marriage

You are absolutely right.This is indeed ridiculous.The only saving grace is that in my country this is illegal and the law forbids any such discrimination,and further this has no place under the Hindu marriage Act.Refer the link below,where the Khaps are trying to get the HMA amended,but that day will never come.I don't know if in pakistan,your Marriage Act is any different from what the religion has pre-ordained.
SC refuses to hear PIL against same gotra marriage

Muslim Marriage Act is almost the same everywhere even in India so its no country specific.

Still those women who want to marry Non-Muslim men they do so. Act or no Act it doesnt matter then.

Similarly if same gotra marriages in Hinduism if legal or illegal it doesnt matter neither it stops the killings of the couples or individuals or discrimination against them

Muslim Marriage Act is almost the same everywhere even in India so its no country specific.

Still those women who want to marry Non-Muslim men they do so. Act or no Act it doesnt matter then.

Similarly if same gotra marriages in Hinduism if legal or illegal it doesnt matter neither it stops the killings of the couples or individuals or discrimination against them
i am referring to the last part of your post.
In Pakistan can hindus and muslims marry each other without the hindu converting to islam?No.In india they can.Since we have one more act called special marriages Act,1954.
How can you be so supremely confident that the law does not stop people from killing couples.It is definitely a deterrent.Why do you think the Khaps want the Hindu Marriage Act amended?These honor killings are acts done by people who do not have any human values.So the only way one can reform these type of people is through the rule of law.This is where your viewpoint will begin to digress from mine.Because for me my country's legal system is supreme and not some khap panchayat.

i am referring to the last part of your post.
In Pakistan can hindus and muslims marry each other without the hindu converting to islam?No.In india they can.Since we have one more act called special marriages Act,1954.
How can you be so supremely confident that the law does not stop people from killing couples.It is definitely a deterrent.Why do you think the Khaps want the Hindu Marriage Act amended?These honor killings are acts done by people who do not have any human values.So the only way one can reform these type of people is through the rule of law.This is where your viewpoint will begin to digress from mine.Because for me my country's legal system is supreme and not some khap panchayat.

Your special marriage act is nothing more than changing Islamic rules simple as that. NO true Muslim will go against Islamic teachings, Still if anyone wants to marry a Hindu there is NO punishment in Islam.

Islam defines the rules already if anyone do not want to follow them there is no physical punishment in this world in 99% cases.

Its up to you if you marry a Hindu you can if you have the guts to face your society (as far as religion is concerned we all do breach many rules without any fear) hence this converting the non-Muslim to Islam and then marrying him or her more aimed at avoiding backlash from society than religion.

Your special marriage act is nothing more than changing Islamic rules simple as that. NO true Muslim will go against Islamic teachings, Still if anyone wants to marry a Hindu there is NO punishment in Islam.

Islam defines the rules already if anyone do not want to follow them there is no physical punishment in this world in 99% cases.

Its up to you if you marry a Hindu you can if you have the guts to face your society (as far as religion is concerned we all do breach many rules without any fear) hence this converting the non-Muslim to Islam and then marrying him or her more aimed at avoiding backlash from society than religion.

very true, if you marry a hindu there is no physical punishment in Islam. But that is also a truth that according to Islamic Law it will remain illegal, worldly constitution will protect you and consider as husband and wife but Islamic law does not recognize any such marriage so there is no question of marrying/relationship of Hindu and Muslim

Feel free to criticize this post, who even cares?

very true, if you marry a hindu there is no physical punishment in Islam. But that is also a truth that according to Islamic Law it will remain illegal, worldly constitution will protect you and consider as husband and wife but Islamic law does not recognize any such marriage so there is no question of marrying/relationship of Hindu and Muslim

Feel free to criticize this post, who even cares?

:agree: agreed. But those who do so in breach of Islamic law they dont care if its legal under that law or not.

the language that you used "ghost" quran never did. If you cannot even quote a simple verse from the quran - do you think we should even read your post? or reply?

Did you have a fear that if you quote the right way, your propoganda will be exposed too early?

im sorry sir , but u will be disappointed .
let me give u these verces from the quranexplorer.com

plz wait for a moment.

feel free to post if it is not off-topic otherwise they may get deleted after the arrival of MODs because of the obvious reason for this forum not being a religious forum

feel free to post if it is not off-topic otherwise they may get deleted after the arrival of MODs because of the obvious reason for this forum not being a religious forum

Religious texts may dictate a lot of rules but wether we choose to follow them or how much are we ready to bow to them is our decision.The holyness of any religious text is not determined by its origin or past rather it depends on how much it helps the present to move forward and how much it helps in moulding a future

@ Ghost

I haven't read anything from your post yet, first tell me what is this "that if a women becomes captive in a war, her Muslim master is allowed to rape her 33:50;"

Where is written in 33:50?

all u have to do is read the verces.

i am unable to understand what you are trying to prove? :undecided:

Yes mens are incharge of women - that is a proven fact by the Qur'an. There is no question in that. But at the same time there are many issues where women are made incharge of men.

The reason why we say both has been provided equal rights is because Allah has divided the job of mens and women himself. There are some matters where mens have been made incharge of women. For example protecting her which is not possible for women to protect her alone.

What is it to do with the thread?

im signing of from my work now.
we'll carry on this discussion after 90 mins.

no need to carry my dear, this thread is about "Being a woman in Pakistan" and not "Women rights in Islam".

Create another thread for this purpose if its not against the forum rules

all u have to do is read the verces.

Firstly, it's verses and not Verces. Secondly please if you are going to talk about religion then consider the following:

[3:195] Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another. Thus, those who immigrate, and get evicted from their homes, and are persecuted because of Me, and fight and get killed, I will surely remit their sins and admit them into gardens with flowing streams." Such is the reward from GOD. GOD possesses the ultimate reward.

Prophet Muhammad - “Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.”

Prophet Muhammad - “Women are the twin halves of men.”

The Prophet (PBUH) put the criterion of the best of men in the good treatment of men to their wives. He said: “the best one of you is the best to his family, and I am the best one of you to my family. - "Narrated by At-Termithi

Learn to see beyond your own prejudices!

Big boys has arrived "Ghost Buster"

time to run away :P

the prophets first wife was a BUSINESSWOMAN! but ofcourse that part the hardliners neglect!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom