What's new

Beholden Unto Thee ! His Imperial Majesty's 2nd Carrier [KAGA] Launched into His Imperial Fleet!

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Behold, friends, the DDH-184, the 2nd of the Izumo Class Light Aircraft Carriers....

Banzai !!
Banzai !!
Banzai !!

@yoshi.oda @cnleio @Technogaianist @Arryn @Atanz @Hakan @Indos @madokafc @Viet @LeveragedBuyout @levina @Armstrong @waz @senheiser @vostok @James Jaevid @gambit @AMDR @KAL-EL @Gabriel92 @flamer84 et al!

JMU磯子で建造が進んでいた、いずも型護衛艦の2番艦「DDH‐184 かが」の進水式が行われたのが8月27日。
ちょうど海外出張中・・というかそんな事前情報どのみち入手できないんですけどね。。

出張帰りの先週末は撮影に行けずだったので9月3日、ガスタンカー撮影のついでにバルブっぽく撮影してみました。

DSC_6642-075d5.JPG

DSC_6655-cf462.JPG

DSC_6653-70b08.JPG

DSC_6419.JPG

DSC_6430-c164b.JPG

xtF8ySt.jpg

20150828113125382.png

KAGA, thou art BEAUTIFUL !

Such a beautiful ship ! Long may you uphold the honor of the Emperor and of Japan, Loyal Servant Kaga !

_kai1609.jpg

_kai1608.jpg

Fantastic. She looks great Nihonjon. As a kid I used watch lots of war movies and my three favourites were "The Longest Day, A Bridge too Far" and of course "Tora Tora Tora". I have always been fascinated by the Imperial Japanese military fighting code. This ship will for sure carry on that great tradition.

Ps. On another note did I ever tell you my dad's uncle was captured in Singapore in WW2 and spent rest of the war in POW camp as a guest of the Imperial Japanese Army :-)

Ps. On another note did I ever tell you my dad's uncle was captured in Singapore in WW2 and spent rest of the war in POW camp as a guest of the Imperial Japanese Army :-)

@Atanz , I am sorry to hear this, I hope that your father's uncle who was taken captive, i pray that he was treated with decency, i know that the POW system in the war was not the best, if your grand uncle was maltreated in any way, I sincerely apologize on behalf of the Japanese people. My sincere and utter apology.

Fantastic. She looks great Nihonjon. As a kid I used watch lots of war movies and my three favourites were "The Longest Day, A Bridge too Far" and of course "Tora Tora Tora". I have always been fascinated by the Imperial Japanese military fighting code. This ship will for sure carry on that great tradition.

A little bit of history for you and for others. The JS Kaga (DDH-184) is named after the Imperial Japanese Navy's Carrier Kaga , which was instrumental in the strike on Pearl Harbor.

The specifics on both are uncannily similar, as well. Anyways, i took liberty to post some pictures of the old KAGA and the new KAGA. Enjoy!

The Original Kaga:

5f6c116baf21b39c38e7eba5380533ef.jpg

Japanese_Navy_Aircraft_Carrier_Kaga_1928.jpg

Archive-Japanese-Naval-photo-showing-the-Japanese-aircraft-carrier-Kaga-during-sea-trials-01.jpg

akagi%20kaga.jpg

749px-Kaga_air_operations_full_deck_1937.jpg

7413795016_ddc1acbb2c_b.jpg

Hey great achievement for Japan! Congratulations!! Japanese culture dictates hardwork, perfectionism and strong ethics. People in Japan deserves to see such achievements and be proud! I hope in the future the long lasting vandetta with China will come to an end and Japanese and Chinese culture can enhance and share eachoters' cultural traits.

There Are two things I wanna see in Pacific. One is a unified Korea and the other is China-Japan cooperation and friendship.

There Are two things I wanna see in Pacific. One is a unified Korea and the other is China-Japan cooperation and friendship.

Agreed, my friend. A united East Asia would be a force to reckon with; economically, militarily, politically, culturally. Everything.

Also congratulation mate.

Thanks, my friend. I can't to see the Kaga and her sister ship the Izumo in international operations in the near future. Supported, of course, with destroyer strike groups. These two carriers are the first of their kind and constructed in Japan. I can't wait till we start building larger 'full-sized' carriers in the same tonnage as the Elizabeth Class or the Ford Class. :)

Something like this:

japanese-f3-shoot-down-chinese-j20-stealth-fighter-08-600x417.jpg

One or two of these would complete our Navy. :)

JMU磯子で建造が進んでいた、いずも型護衛艦の2番艦「DDH‐184 かが」の進水式が行われたのが8月27日。
ちょうど海外出張中・・というかそんな事前情報どのみち入手できないんですけどね。。

出張帰りの先週末は撮影に行けずだったので9月3日、ガスタンカー撮影のついでにバルブっぽく撮影してみました。

DSC_6642-075d5.JPG

DSC_6655-cf462.JPG

DSC_6653-70b08.JPG

DSC_6419.JPG

DSC_6430-c164b.JPG

xtF8ySt.jpg
About the radar system,1st Izumo-class installed the FCS-3 AESA, now 2nd change to OPS-50 AESA ... why not continue FCS-3, and any news about OPS-50 max search range ?

FCS-3
20140805153624321.jpg

OPS-50
DSC_6653-70b08.JPG

Sharp looking ship. But is it a Japanese tradition to name new ships with old war time ship name?

smiliar
Correct !

It has both.
I think OPS-50 better than FCS-3, search further and i read data is max 370km range almost as smiliar as SPY-1 ... FCS-3 ==> OPS-50 Japan finished domestic AESA radar development instead of American SPY-1, that made great progress. If im right, future Japan warship building mainly install OPS-50 to replace FCS-3.

smiliar
I think OPS-50 better than FCS-3, search further and i read data is max 370km range almost as smiliar as SPY-1 ... FCS-3 ==> OPS-50 Japan finished domestic AESA radar development instead of American SPY-1, that made great progress. If im right, future Japan warship building mainly install OPS-50 to replace FCS-3.

Correct bro, it is a gradual improvement from the Hyuga , which was based on FCS-3 , AESA. Tho while the FCS-3A is offensive platform, the OPS-50 is comprehensive, but defense-oriented. As is the case should be for Carriers. So you see how Izumo class is really different from Hyuga in the case that Hyuga class was still built on destroyer 'platform' , but Izumo class is totally more carrier, in the conservative sense.

Now we have plan for DDH-90, and DDH-91. It is not verified yet, but there are rumors that this class of carrier will be in the 60-70k tonne range. A super-carrier, in every sense of the word.

Now, bro, JMSDF's can dance with PLAN. ;) ;)

PS. Maybe future training exercise together?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom