What's new

Beautiful pictures of Iran

I know, it looks exactly like Allah, but my Iranian friends are suggesting otherwise! Anyway I believe you as the one who told me this is quite anti- Khomenei.

there is nothing wrong about being anti Kohmenei. I have my misgivings about him regarding the prolonged Iran Iraq war where he didnt step in to stop this mindless bloodshed. it was world war 1 revisited where both countries had a stalemate.

for Iranians it was very hard to defeat the Arabian & western funded & supported Iraqi war machinery. And for Iraqis despite their firepower and technology it was proving impossible for them to bring Iranian nation to its knees which is proud of its past & has resolve & commitment that dates back before the time of Christ.

The result was the massive loss of human life. it didn’t bother Sadam because he held his population in the equal contempt as he did to Persians. But Khomanei being a spiritual leader who rallied the Iranian nation against the fascist Shah of Iran should have advised its government to end the conflict earlier by agreeing to peace.
Well that’s a totally different debate.

mods can you mix IRAN thread and beautiful pics from IRAN to one thread?
thanks

the thread becomes too big and cumbersome to navigate. this thread itself is 40+ pages. so In my opinion lets leave it here?

the thread becomes too big and cumbersome to navigate. this thread itself is 40+ pages. so In my opinion lets leave it here?
ohh plz!
this thread has very beautiful pics about cities
and that thread has the beautiful pics about beaches
people will enjoy
pllllz

Why do Iranians hate Pakistanis?

This one Iranian girl said online

In fact I think Iranians respect Indians more than most countries (we look to ancient history a lot) like we respect China. The same cannot be said for Pakistan, as Pakistanis are the targets of great resentment, especially when they try to claim Iranian heritage by saying they resemble us. That makes us REALLY ANGRY. But we're cool with Indians.

Same for Afghans and some or most Arabs :confused::confused: :eek:

How the hell do Pakistanis try to claim Iranian heritage? "By saying they resemble us" Average Pakistani doesn't even think of Iran nor think Pakistanis resemble them. It just happens Pakistan does share two ethnic groups of Iranic descent like Pathans and Balochis (if I'm not mistaken), so that may be some reason for actual resemblance but no Pakistani is claiming Iranian heritage nor saying Pakistanis resemble Iranians.

The city of Esfahan is a Iranian cultural treasure trove. It is famous for its Islamic architecture, with many beautiful boulevards, covered bridges, palaces, mosques, and minarets. This led to the Persian proverb "'Esfahān nesf-e jahān ast" (Esfahan is half of the world).

The Naghsh-e Jahan Square in Isfahan is one of the biggest city squares in the world and an outstanding example of Iranian and Islamic architecture. It has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The city also has a wide variety of historic monuments ranging from the Sassanid to the Safavid dynasties. Remaining Islamic architectural sites were built from 11th to the 19th century, while older, pre-Islamic monuments date back to 1000 B.C.

Islamic Archiecture:

Naghsh-e Jahan Square (Cons. started 1602)
Naghshe_Jahan_Square_Isfahan_modified.jpg

Chehel Sotoun (also Chehel Sotoon, Persian: چهل ستون) is a pavilion in the middle of a park at the far end of a long pool, in Isfahan, Iran, built by Shah Abbas II to be used for his entertainment and receptions. Made in 1646.
Chehel_Sotoon.jpg

Pol-e Khaju(Khaju Bridge) - 1650.
Khaju_Bridje_at_night.jpg

Khajoo-Bridge.JPG

Khaju-Bridge-Esfahan.jpg

Si-o-Seh Pol (The Bridge of 33 Arches) - 1602.
33_pol.jpg

Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque (Persian: مسجد شيخ لطف الّله - Masjed-e Sheikh Lotf-ollah). Construction of the mosque started in 1615 and was finished in 1618.
Sheikh_Lotf_Allah_Mosque2.jpg

Sheikh_Lotf_Allah_Mosque_dome_orange.jpg

Awsome discription. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom