What's new

Beaten and humiliated for being a Muslim in India

I have heard this BS from Hindus for years that Muslims need to "integrate". What it really means is that Muslims need to abandon their religious traditions, stop eating beef, stop wearing hijab, stop sporting a beard.

It is not going to happen.

We will live in India as Muslims and follow our own religion.
When I said integration, I did not mean what you have written above.

Here are the things I believe Muslims should do to integrate
1. Do not choose to live in segregated neighborhoods out of fear, but challenge the right to live in majority dominated societies.
2. Focus on education for the children, both boys and girls. During my education, I see that Muslims are seriously underrepresented. In my post grad batch of 400 students, there were less than 5 muslims. I am ready to volunteer coaching underprivileged muslims if needed.
3. Be proficient in the local language. If you live in Karnataka, make an effort to read and write Kannada, for example. If majority around you see that you make an effort to be son of the soil, it will hard to demonize you.

If you don't like that then go to Nepal or Kailasa.
If you challenge and throw out the moderate Hindus, whats left for you will be the extremists with trishuls.

Rohingyas were next door to BD, that did not protect them. In fact, it helped Myanmar's narrative that they are in fact Bangladeshis.
So more integration rather than segregation is the need of the hour.
"integration" means basically making them Hindus, cause no other type of integration would suffice

cause I mean think about they have ben patriotic Indians for god knows forever, like I cant think of more integration than loving your homeland, state

what more integration would you need from em except for asking them to leave their traditions, culture?

With Rohingya's and Rwanda you prove my point

Rohingya's genocide wasn't as bad as compared to Rwandan

why because tutsis were more integrated, were everywhere
it made em easy pickings for the hutus

1. Do not choose to live in segregated neighborhoods out of fear, but challenge the right to live in majority dominated societies.
i think you don't know what integrate means.
3. Be proficient in the local language.
nor you know Muslims as you believe they all speak urdu and Arabic
2. Focus on education for the children, both boys and girls.
yeah sure cannot drink water from public wells but focus on education.

i think you don't know what integrate means.
What does integration mean? I want to follow the model of how Blacks integrated in US society.

nor you know Muslims as you believe they all speak urdu and Arabic
I am not saying that all Muslims speak Urdu, but their is a disproportionate leaning towards it. Nothing wrong to learn Urdu as well, but should also focus to learn the local language. And that goes for Hindus as well.

yeah sure cannot drink water from public wells but focus on education.
Isolated incidents dont make the rule.
Integration is a process. Earlier, lower castes were denied right to enter temples, drink from public wells etc. But then Dr. BR Ambedkar focused on his education, became a messiah for his community and gained the right to represent them. He became the leading authority to write Indian constitution which outlawed caste discrimination.

2. Focus on education for the children, both boys and girls. During my education, I see that Muslims are seriously underrepresented. In my post grad batch of 400 students, there were less than 5 muslims. I am ready to volunteer coaching underprivileged muslims if needed.
3. Be proficient in the local language. If you live in Karnataka, make an effort to read and write Kannada, for example. If majority around you see that you make an effort to be son of the soil, it will hard to demonize you.

If you challenge and throw out the moderate Hindus, what's left for you will be the extremists with trishuls.
1- happens precisely because of riots, when you face riots you seek protection in numbers
that's literally the reason for ghettoization, read up
2- mostly poor class Muslims survived partition so this was bound to happen especially when there was no one left to pull them from ground up, I don't think they mind getting educated - it has to do with opportunities

from where and how are they going to get those opportunities?

3- I refuse to believe they don't know local languages- I mean I don't know about India but in Pak a Hindu would sindhi and Sikh in Peshawar would know Pashto or Hindko, a Cristian would know his local language

Religion doesn't dictate language imo

If you challenge and throw out the moderate Hindus, whats left for you will be the extremists with trishuls.

Everything you wrote is kinda crap. You just don't understand what the Muslims face or experience.

1. No one lives in Muslims ghettos out of choice. They live there because so called moderate Hindus like you don't stand up to your own people and tell them what they do is wrong. It is near impossible for a Muslim to get a place in a decent neighborhood. Furthermore, your community is so screwed up, being a lone Muslim in a Hindu apartment complex is no safety. Your Hindu neighbors can turn on you any day.

2. First thing built in a Muslim neighborhood is a Police Chowki. No other civic utilities or schools are ever built. What is a Muslim to do? The rich will send their kids to a private school while poor will be stuck with a madrassa. And a majority of the Muslims are poor.

3. Muslims generally speak the local language because they live there. Let me know when a Sharma or Patel starts speaking Tamil when he lives in Chennai. Let me know when your UP bhaiyyas speak Marathi in Mumbai. Let me know also when the 700K Indian soldiers in Kashmir speak Kashmiri or Urdu. You act as if "integration" is the sole responsibility of Muslim.

As far as moderate Hindus go, I say we don't give two hoots about you guys. All you know is how to lecture Muslims on what they should do and what they should not do. When will you ever lecture your own Hindu community about what they are doing is wrong.

You are the biggest reason why Muslims are in the position they are. You do not stand up to the fascists within your own community and you are the biggest apologist for them,

I want to follow the model of how Blacks integrated in US society.
oh my. i don't wish to speak for the Americans but i believe black people are seen as fundamental block of American society.

what you are alluding to is the brahminised anglo saxon cultural imposition.
I am not saying that all Muslims speak Urdu, but their is a disproportionate leaning towards it. Nothing wrong to learn Urdu as well, but should also focus to learn the local language. And that goes for Hindus as well.
last 9 out 10 Indian muslims i met couldn't converse in Urdu nor Arabic.
became a messiah for his community
yeah that's a recipe. give religious opium of messianism for liberation from a systematic oppression.

"integration" means basically making them Hindus, cause no other type of integration would suffice

cause I mean think about they have ben patriotic Indians for god knows forever, like I cant think of more integration than loving your homeland, state

what more integration would you need from em except for asking them to leave their traditions, culture?

With Rohingya's and Rwanda you prove my point

Rohingya's genocide wasn't as bad as compared to Rwandan

why because tutsis were more integrated, were everywhere
it made em easy pickings for the hutus
I am not much read on the Rwanda case, so cant comment on that.
But I made my point on integration, where my primary advice is to gain more education and get represented in fields otherwise dominated by majority community.
We need more Muslim lawyers, judges, doctors, police officers, bankers, politicians etc.
And we need Muslims who can represent not just Muslims but the entire population of their area.

When you see Leo Varadkar, he was the leader of entire Ireland, not just PM of ethnic Indians or PM of gay community.

how do you assume this mass migration of roughly 100 million people to be enabled?

Inteqam Sakhat day or indirect reaction day?

are you in the US with the intention to form majority and takeover like other Indians?
I am not facing discrimination, in fact Pakistanis in north America are among some of the richest communities in these countries(unfortunately- because this talent should have stayed in homeland)

so not in need of creating majority regions cause not facing any discrimination- also we have a homeland not the same for IM- its all happening in their own homeland

Indian constitution which outlawed caste discrimination.
the same constitution that renders muslims and massive indigenous populace as non Indian aliens.

all i have to say more in this thread is a reiteration that suicide is haram.
I am not facing discrimination, in fact Pakistanis in north America are among some of the richest communities in these countries(unfortunately- because this talent should have stayed in homeland)

so not in need of creating majority regions cause not facing any discrimination- also we have a homeland not the same for IM- its all happening in their own homeland
then you agree you don't need to be in majority to be able to perform basic functions of life.

What does integration mean? I want to follow the model of how Blacks integrated in US society.

Isolated incidents dont make the rule.
Integration is a process. Earlier, lower castes were denied right to enter temples, drink from public wells etc. But then Dr. BR Ambedkar focused on his education, became a messiah for his community and gained the right to represent them. He became the leading authority to write Indian constitution which outlawed caste discrimination.
The guy you are speaking to wants to take over Gujrat why bothering

Last edited:
Everything you wrote is kinda crap. You just don't understand what the Muslims face or experience.

1. No one lives in Muslims ghettos out of choice. They live there because so called moderate Hindus like you don't stand up to your own people and tell them what they do is wrong. It is near impossible for a Muslim to get a place in a decent neighborhood. Furthermore, your community is so screwed up, being a lone Muslim in a Hindu apartment complex is no safety. Your Hindu neighbors can turn on you any day.
I agree that many times it is hard to live in a majority dominated neighborhood, but atleast give it a try. Dont give up easily, make some noise. Sue the people who deny you the right to live in the area you choose. Moderate Hindus wont stand for you if you yourself wont stand.
I did not say the fight is easy, but not fighting does not make the problem go away. It makes it even harder down the road. Dont give in to ghettos like the Jews.

2. First thing built in a Muslim neighborhood is a Police Chowki. No other civic utilities or schools are ever built. What is a Muslim to do? The rich will send their kids to a private school while poor will be stuck with a madrassa. And a majority of the Muslims are poor.
So you see, why have an exclusive Muslim neighborhood. It makes it an easy target for politicians to discriminate against such neighborhoods. In a mixed one, there would be civic utiliites which both communities can use.

3. Muslims generally speak the local language because they live there. Let me know when a Sharma or Patel starts speaking Tamil when he lives in Chennai. Let me know when your UP bhaiyyas speak Marathi in Mumbai. Let me know also when the 700K Indian soldiers in Kashmir speak Kashmiri or Urdu. You act as if "integration" is the sole responsibility of Muslim.
I did not say it is sole responsibility of Muslims, it is for all Indians. However, for others, it is good-to-have. For minorities, it is a matter of survival.

As far as moderate Hindus go, I say we don't give two hoots about you guys. All you know is how to lecture Muslims on what they should do and what they should not do. When will you ever lecture your own Hindu community about what they are doing is wrong.
I do lecture Hindus all the time, even some extreme minded people in my own family.

You are the biggest reason why Muslims are in the position they are. You do not stand up to the fascists within your own community and you are the biggest apologist for them,
You need to choose your battles. If you fight everyone everytime, you will lose. Choose when and against whom you want to fight and then fight to win.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom