What's new

BD-Burma Relations

While they are completely preparing for a major war,we are watching and are only watching.Steps to counter a very possible Myanmar offensive is not visible at all.Our army,Navy,BDR all are in poor shape to counter any type of major offensive.

And yet our leaders call them "A Friendly Neighbour".

Ideally your neighbors to the west and Pakistan wil notl sit idle if there in any attack on bangladesh by mynmar. However it all depends on Chinese support for involvement of pakisan, if Chinese oppose Pakistan will not involve but i guess india would stil have the moral obligation to help Pakistan out.

But yes its up to you to prepare for any eventuality. And you should strengthen your armed forces to defend your territory.

Ideally your neighbors to the west and Pakistan wil notl sit idle if there in any attack on bangladesh by mynmar. However it all depends on Chinese support for involvement of pakisan, if Chinese oppose Pakistan will not involve but i guess india would stil have the moral obligation to help Pakistan out.

But yes its up to you to prepare for any eventuality. And you should strengthen your armed forces to defend your territory.

Recently India has been trying to woe Myanmar for oil and gas,by providing them with military equipment.I posted the links a few pages back,please have a look at it.So there is also a chance that India might support Myanmar.

The Chinese will support both countries,sell arms to both countries.Just like Iraq-Iran war.

Pakistan has its own trouble,so they can not afford to join.Unless of course India joins.

So we will be left on our own.May be US will come to help,but we need to be able to defend ourselves without any foreign help.In order to do that,we need to strengthen our armed forces.

Last edited:
Recently has been trying to woe Myanmar for oil and gas,by providing them with military equipment.I posted the links a few pages back,please have a look at it.So there is also a chance that India might support Myanmar.

The Chinese will support both countries,sell arms to both countries.Just like Iraq-Iran war.

Pakistan has its own trouble,so they can not afford to join.Unless of course India joins.

So we will be left on our own.May be US will come to help,but we need to be able to defend ourselves without any foreign help.In order to do that,we need to strengthen our armed forces.

Yes i read that. But i guess india will never support anything which is against their own principle. We condemend the iraq attack by US, we advocate a nuclear free world, refusing to bougue down to the preassure of US to make sure they are the only countries with nuclear weopens by not signing nuclear test ban treaty, we called for the relase of suki, we condemed irans nuclear testing even though we have good relationship with them. So irrespective of our relationship with any country i think india will act upon based on its capabilities and principles and not on opportunism.

This is again same story in different BD post. Anything neutral? Anything BSF/BDR claim and distribute will be biased.

you can be all be all way to a patriot indian and that is expected from
every person regardless of nationality or religion. but based fact is that human being are murdered in BD-India border almost every single day by BSF and that breed hatread. Like it or not.

Friendship and good neighbor relation does not go with breeding hatread. These poor guys are trying to make a few bucks by doing
some smuglling. Catch them, handover them to BDR -- but killing them just show a beast nature of our neighbor.

every person regardless of nationality or religion. but based fact is that human being are murdered in BD-India border almost every single day by BSF and that breed hatread. Like it or not.

Friendship and good neighbor relation does not go with breeding hatread. These poor guys are trying to make a few bucks by doing
some smuglling. Catch them, handover them to BDR -- but killing them just show a beast nature of our neighbor.

i second you,this is just not the way......i am sure bsf wud come up with a different version of the story,but still this is not done.......the main cause of this i feel is the lack of trust betn bdr and bsf,......day after day it is becoming more of a muscle show off between the two,for which some poor men albeit smugglers are dying...i think you would too agree that bdr must also play a active part here to stop the bangladeshi smugglers from crossing over.....anyways,i hope this things doesn't happen in the future,and things are cleared my flag meetings

When the thread is about Myanmar being a threat to BD, why do you get back to "India is the threat"? So if you have a threat from one side, you dont bother if you have one on the other?

As said by one person in this thread again and again (he s got a lot of patience!) he has reiterated " India is a threat but we need to look at Myanmar as well"

Almost all the "foreign policy" threads of BD are aimed at India. While India maybe a threat, maybe you guys are not even looking at other problems!

IF you dont know the problem exists, then you are ignorant about your own nation

If you know it and dont want to talk about it, you are shying away from a serious problem

come off the India bashing in this thread.. its supposed to be for Myanmar. (The articles about BDR vs BSF can come in lots of other threads, I fail to see why they are here!!)

Khabib ,

I'm tabulating the points for clarity.

1. Are we sure here that people killed are what BDR claims them to be. I will expect both BDR/BSF to push their own agenda, hence a neutral reporting here will help.

2. I did not have time to Google and send you the links to see how many people has BDR killed from indian side's. Check it out your self. This is a long story here and believe me this has got nothing to do with border patrol.

3. Keep such flashes away from friendly relationship. For one, some previous government of BD actively supported Anti Indian terror camps. And to top it, both BDR/BSF are corrupt to toe. Both are involved in smuggling to some extent.

Do you think if INDIA so desires, as a state policy, to seed trouble in BD, will resort to such childish ploys to achieve them. We have issues with LTTE and Pakistan. Just read about how we are dealing with it.

Like it or not, BDR is no Angel. And what you see on this border is worst example of greed

Here is a old post (just so you know that this is a old issue)
BDR tortures, kills BSF officer - India - The Times of India

Here is other link for you to digest - BDR is no Angel. Dont belive everything that one's media dishes out.

Another BSF jawan killed by BDR

i second you,this is just not the way......i am sure bsf wud come up with a different version of the story,but still this is not done.......the main cause of this i feel is the lack of trust betn bdr and bsf,......day after day it is becoming more of a muscle show off between the two,for which some poor men albeit smugglers are dying...i think you would too agree that bdr must also play a active part here to stop the bangladeshi smugglers from crossing over.....anyways,i hope this things doesn't happen in the future,and things are cleared my flag meetings

Jako, Do you have a iota of inclination of what you are seconding? Both BDR/BSF are corrupt. This flashes have seed in corrupt smuggling (unlike the poor guy trying to earn some buck, that khalid is proposing). Do you have any idea that you have Anti India terror camps in BD area's?

This things are beyond Flag Meeting's. As i said, its damn money thats keeping the guards firing at each others. Its not a one way journey.

Couldn't dis agree more.

There is no breeding of hatred by dealing with criminals & ppl who knowingly break the law. These men make good money by selling stolen cattle in BD - more so around festival time.

These men knew what they were up to & what could happen when they decided to cross the border. The terrain in those parts does not allow for a chase & arrest type of a situation.

okay I agree with the last part(though BSF killed a lot of innocent farmers and in an incident some drunk BSF trooper intruded in BD and shot a woman and her child dead) but please not to backseat moderate here but can we go back to topic?

Like Leon said we have a separate thread for Ind-BD border clashes.This is BD-Burma stuff.

Talk about thread hijacking.....

What international fora can the BD govt look to in case of an aggression from Myanmar? I know India is looking at the oil and stuff from there so India is already in sticky waters.. it wont be able to do much..

Can Pak help? How do you think it will be possible logitically??

My suggestion : Keep US in loop on the happenings there. Get credible intelligence of Myanmar's aggressive plans (if any) much before and expose it.. it will give a reason for US and other international players who have been supporting Suu ki to bay for the generals' ouster.

Khabib ,

I'm tabulating the points for clarity.

1. Are we sure here that people killed are what BDR claims them to be. I will expect both BDR/BSF to push their own agenda, hence a neutral reporting here will help.

2. I did not have time to Google and send you the links to see how many people has BDR killed from indian side's. Check it out your self. This is a long story here and believe me this has got nothing to do with border patrol.

3. Keep such flashes away from friendly relationship. For one, some previous government of BD actively supported Anti Indian terror camps. And to top it, both BDR/BSF are corrupt to toe. Both are involved in smuggling to some extent.

Do you think if INDIA so desires, as a state policy, to seed trouble in BD, will resort to such childish ploys to achieve them. We have issues with LTTE and Pakistan. Just read about how we are dealing with it.

Like it or not, BDR is no Angel. And what you see on this border is worst example of greed

Here is a old post (just so you know that this is a old issue)
BDR tortures, kills BSF officer - India - The Times of India

Here is other link for you to digest - BDR is no Angel. Dont belive everything that one's media dishes out.

Another BSF jawan killed by BDR

First of all the thread's title has been changed to "BD-Burma relation" by the Moderators,so discussing BDR-BSF here is not appropriate.

Secondly there is another thread regarding BSF killings,and I am going to post the news over there and please continue your discussion out there.
please discuss here:http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...s-one-wounds-two-chapai-bdr-5.html#post421479

Thirdly,what do you really mean by neutral source?Give some examples on the other thread.

Back
Top Bottom