What's new

Battle of Narva "A Show of Valour"

Great post. Thanks for sharing @The Sandman

Narva and many other battles of the Eastern Front have become overshadowed by much larger battles like Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kursk, but yet these smaller battles (in comparison to the former) are just as relevant and important withinthe greater framework of the Eastern front.
Indeed had Army Group Narva given up in early 1944 result of WW2 would've been different.
@The Sandman bro if you can do a similar piece on another little known battle from the Eastern front; the battle of Korsun-Cherkassy pocket.
Actually both Operation mars as mentioned by Nilgiri and Korsun pocket now mentioned by you were in my mind for next piece but bro my exams are coming up so can't promise you guys any time line :P

"second Stalingrad"
I've heard that situation was so desperate that German troops were ordered to kill soviets only in hand to hand combat so not to raise any alarms while escaping the pocket.

Actually both Operation mars as mentioned by Nilgiri and Korsun pocket now mentioned by you were in my mind for next piece but bro my exams are coming up so can't promise you guys any time line :P
Don't let me beat you to it broski :P
I've heard that situation was so desperate that German troops were ordered to kill soviets only in hand to hand combat so not to raise any alarms while escaping the pocket.
Yes, one of the most gruesome battles of the eastern front but also a testament to the commitment and loyalty of the men from different nationalities (to one another) who were trapped in that pocket.

Back
Top Bottom