What's new

Battle of Longewala- This day...41 years ago!

In 26/11, Indian security forces were supposed to carry out operation to avoid or minimize civilian casualties. This affect the entire counter strategy in hostage scenario. They can't just bomb the entire hotel as civilians were also there. They had to kill the terrorists AND save the hostages.

In case of Longewala, there was no such concern for Pak army. They don't have to save any hostage along with killing the enemy. All they had to do is kill those 120 soldiers by anything and anyway possible. 2800 soldiers and 65 tanks against 120 men and one anti tank vehicle, ask any military man, he will say both are completely different scenario.

Weird and idiotic analogy is used.

our so called 'dummy, lazy army' defeated your so called true courage, motivated and class pakki army in all wars.
:D:P :laugh:

All Wars :rofl:
This is Pakistan's Military Forum not any indian forum or media where u can change the facts of history by twisting the historical facts.
Bottom line is that we won 1948's war and 1965's wars but only lost 1971's war because yr great n peaceful gov had back stabbed us in East Pak by inter fairing into the internal matters of our country!!.
This the truth live with it!.

nope it wasnt and i never said that.all i 've been saying is that how difficult is to clear a small size well entrenched enemy even when numbers are in your favour.Thats where mumbai attack came into pic where marcos and nsg had to clear room by room on every floor both in taj and oberoi hotels .
That is true.

i gave kargil example just coz indians seems too sensitive about 26/11.
well i am not. for me it is not India's 9/11 or the worst attack(though the style was). There have been countless terrorist attacks in India, why should i be sensitive about just one of 'em?

anyway, let's be back to topic.

I think Longewala was a win for army and air-force combined. without AF, the men on ground would have eventually been overrunned, and without these men halting the attack till morning, Jaisalmer would have been in Pakistani hands.

On both counts u r wrong:

1. Agreed that 26/11 can be termed as masterstroke in military terms, but ultimately it was a Gorilla warfare tactic, same tactic which even the world superpower is finding hard to beat in Afghanistan, besides in 26/11 it was more about saving human lives than killing terrorists.

2. In Kargil the regulars (or irregulars whatever u may like to call) were holding high ground (which is the best position strategically) from where even a stone dropped can make huge damage to any human while IA was countering them from ground i.e. they were easily visible to the enemy & the enemy didn't had to be "Arjuns" to kill a IA soldier, besides IAF was also unable to utilize it's firepower completely as there mandate was not to go beyond LOC when the peaks occupied were on LOC itself.
nope on both counts its you who is reading it wrong.

All i said from very first post is that its very difficult to clear an well entrenched enemy even if numbers are in your favour.

but then when just mention of 26/11 make your brain behave like lunatic then its not my problem

i gave kargil example just coz indians seems too sensitive about 26/11.

Actually multiple attempts of Pakistan to clear Siachen heights from Indian Army would be a more apt comparison with Longewala since in both cases, the entrenched defendants managed to defeat the numerically superior attacking forces. Unlike in Kargil and also 26/11 where the defendants were eventually routed..

Salala and attack on GHQ cant be considered as successful raid. But both Mehran raid and attack on Kamra airbase was something like brilliantly planned and execute commando type raid in military terms.

The best military raid so far interns of Security lapse (by the host country), planing,execution n coordination in terms of military was the Mumbai Saga!!!!

Who r u actually a Pakistani or Indian seriously!!!

too bad macho mujahids of pak army could not save east pakistan from lazy Indian soldiers :cry:

Only when u had back stabbed us by inter fairing into the internal matters of our country n by blocking us by air n sea.
Rest even the war had not been started if it was not for this reason of foreign hand in East Pak.

That is true.

well i am not. for me it is not India's 9/11 or the worst attack(though the style was). There have been countless terrorist attacks in India, why should i be sensitive about just one of 'em?
When the 26/11 attack was still in progress i tink on 27th nov. in one of the news interviews both mahroof raza and G.parthasarthy had said then that its not any terror attack its a millitary style commando raid and they were surprised that PM office is calling it as terror attack or india's 9/11.What they clearly said that mumbai has been militarily attacked.

anyway, let's be back to topic.

I think Longewala was a win for army and air-force combined. without AF, the men on ground would have eventually been overrunned, and without these men halting the attack till morning, Jaisalmer would have been in Pakistani hands.
Its the IAF that saved the days for army.

nope on both counts its you who is reading it wrong.

All i said from very first post is that its very difficult to clear an well entrenched enemy even if numbers are in your favour.

but then when just mention of 26/11 make your brain behave like lunatic then its not my problem

OK, I am not getting emotional when u say about 26/11, read my posts again & u will understand that this line of urs - "its very difficult to clear an well entrenched enemy even if numbers are in your favour." doesn't make Longewala comparable to either 26/11 or Kargil or any other eg. u like to make, they are totally different cases strategically/militarily.

I will like to summarize though:

Longewalla - Direct 3rd gen warfare in which Nos./weapons/equipment are everything, even than PA lost.

26/11 - 4th gen asymmetric warfare in which Indian forces were more interested in saving human life rather than killing terrorists while Terrorists were playing Gorilla tactics of hide-attack-make human shield-run, thats why they were able to hold for 2 & a half days.

Kargil - IA was against PA which was occupying HIGH GROUNDS (best position in any war) while IAF was not able to use it's full potential (just guest appearance).

The latter two can't be compared to the former any which way, PERIOD.

All Wars :rofl:
This is Pakistan's Military Forum not any indian forum or media where u can change the facts of history by twisting the historical facts.
Bottom line is that we won 1948's war and 1965's wars but only lost 1971's war because yr great n peaceful gov had back stabbed us in East Pak by inter fairing into the internal matters of our country!!.
This the truth live with it!.

You got your arses spanked in all wars and we know it gives you sleepless nights. Live with it ! P@kis are really very insane:disagree:

Actually multiple attempts of Pakistan to clear Siachen heights from Indian Army would be a more apt comparison with Longewala since in both cases, the entrenched defendants managed to defeat the numerically superior attacking forces. Unlike in Kargil and also 26/11 where the defendants were eventually routed..
i'll still say 26/11 and world is witness to it.

War of 1971 is filled with stories of valour and incompetence on both PA and IA side . On one side, Pak Army was bogged down in such circumstances and on the other side Brigadir Tajammul Malik with 3000 soldiers hold 20,000 Soldiers of Indian army and complete ariel spport of IAF without any resistance from PAF in battle of Hilli for straight 3 weeks until Fake tiger niazi order the surrender. Hands off to Indian soldiers for utilizing a strong position efficiently and displaying extra valour and courage in Burewala bu

i'll still say 26/11 and world is witness to it.

The gaps in your comparison are pretty obvious. Longewala and Siachen are both military against military in a war zone where as 26/11 was a guerrilla attack/ Hostage situation. Air force played a crucial role in both Longewala and Siachen where as its role was non existent in 26/11. And finally in Longewala and Siachen the defenders managed to hold out against the attacking force where as in 26/11 (just like in GHQ, Mehran and Kamra attacks) the guerrilla force that was holding out got eventually vanquished..

OK, I am not getting emotional when u say about 26/11, read my posts again & u will understand that this line of urs - "its very difficult to clear an well entrenched enemy even if numbers are in your favour." doesn't make Longewala comparable to either 26/11 or Kargil or any other eg. u like to make, they are totally different cases strategically/militarily.

I will like to summarize though:

Longewalla - Direct 3rd gen warfare in which Nos./weapons/equipment are everything, even than PA lost.

26/11 - 4th gen asymmetric warfare in which Indian forces were more interested in saving human life rather than killing terrorists while Terrorists were playing Gorilla tactics of hide-attack-make human shield-run, thats why they were able to hold for 2 & a half days.

Kargil - IA was against PA which was occupying HIGH GROUNDS (best position in any war) while IAF was not able to use it's full potential (just guest appearance).

The latter two can't be compared to the former any which way, PERIOD.
longewala 120 well entrenched men of IA delayed PA advance till morning even when numbers and equipment were in favour of PA.

26/11- 8 men well entrenched in taj and oberoi hotels and chabbad house held on against whole mumbai police, IA,NSG,MARCOS for almost 3 days.

Kargil-NLI men were so well entrenched that it took whole might of IA and IAF to clear them in almost 3 months.

Now do you see the similarities.

Only when u had back stabbed us by inter fairing into the internal matters of our country n by blocking us by air n sea.
Rest even the war had not been started if it was not for this reason of foreign hand in East Pak.

I think you expect too much from your enemies...

Its only back stabbing if we were your friends...enemies are meant to **** you up...and we did exactly that...

As for blocking air and sea routes....do you really expect Indians to fight on your terms?
We hit u where it hurts...thats why it hurts...

The problem with Pakistanis is that instead of accepting that you were truly beaten by a superior and organized force and take learnings for future, some of you try to rationalize your loss...
Indians have to accept their defeat by the Chonese....we did exactly that...learned from our mistakes...

Its time you do the same instead of whining..

Back
Top Bottom