What's new

Battle of Asal Uttar - 56 years ago

Wow! What was your gain in Battle of Chawinda?
But, let me add another - "Battle of Phillora"
Battle of phillora was inconsequential to the 1965 war. The land provided no benefit in any way to the indian army. The casualty figures are also grossly inflated to make the indian military seem stronger. Irl the pak army had only lost 31(?) of its tanks during the battle where as the indians lost god knows how many. Congratulations. You played yourself.

Chawinda was beautiful though. 120 indian tanks knocked out/destroyed.
Yes Pakistan launched offensive and declared to have dinner in Delhi but ended up defending Lahore..... now doesn't this give India a more score towards victory???
India started an offensive claiming to have tea in lahore but ended up trying to save khem karan. Doesnt this give pakistan a more score towards victory?

Wanna know something funny?

Through out history between Pakistan and India, the indians kept making out the Patton was the best tank in the world and nothing could destroy it from the front.

But if you look at what india fielded... They had the centurion mk7 with the QF L7a1 105mm Rifled gun with APDS which could slice through the front hull and turret of the m48 at range. Not to mention how the tank had a stabiliser allowing it to fire on the move with much better accuracy.

The AMX 13 the indians were fielding could penetrate the lower front hull (?) of the m48 as well. The 75mm could do that...
The Centurion really was one of the best tanks in the Cold War era. Just look at what the Israelis did with it during the Yom Kippur War and they even used it to the early 2000s or maybe more.

My respect to all those who fought in that battle. Wasn't there a Pakistani Victory at Chawinda later?

The Centurion really was one of the best tanks in the Cold War era. Just look at what the Israelis did with it during the Yom Kippur War and they even used it to the early 2000s or maybe more.

My respect to all those who fought in that battle. Wasn't there a Pakistani Victory at Chawinda later?
It was a big victory for pakistan at chawinda

Battle of phillora was inconsequential to the 1965 war. The land provided no benefit in any way to the indian army. The casualty figures are also grossly inflated to make the indian military seem stronger. Irl the pak army had only lost 31(?) of its tanks during the battle where as the indians lost god knows how many. Congratulations. You played yourself.

Chawinda was beautiful though. 120 indian tanks knocked out/destroyed.

India started an offensive claiming to have tea in lahore but ended up trying to save khem karan. Doesnt this give pakistan a more score towards victory?

Pakistan started war with intention of capturing Kashmir and Kutch and failed miserably....

They declared to read namaz in Jaisalmer and have dinner in delhi.... But result was Pak had to fight a bloody war to save own Big City like Lahore where Indian army was totally inside Pakistan mainland and you were defending your city inside your country....

From attacking force you suddenly came down to defending force.....

Your objectives of attacking India were utter failure and in fact India was the one who later was sitting on your territory for 7-8 days and withdrew after Lal Bahadur Shastri and Pakistan signed a peace treaty in Tashkent..... War might be a stalemate but India's score towards victory on the battlefield was huge.....

Pakistan started war with intention of capturing Kashmir and Kutch and failed miserably....

They declared to read namaz in Jaisalmer and have dinner in delhi.... But result was Pak had to fight a bloody war to save own Big City like Lahore where Indian army was totally inside Pakistan mainland and you were defending your city inside your country....

Your objectives of attacking India were utter failure and in fact India was the one who later was sitting on your territory for 7-8 days and withdrew after Lal Bahadur Shastri and Pakistan signed a peace treaty in Tashkent..... War might be a stalemate but India's score towards victory on the battlefield was huge.....
Why don't you just say you captured Islamabad and only gave it back as charity?

Lol.

India started the war in 1965 with their unprovoked skirmish in the rann of kutch which was beaten back by the FC and SSG.

This led to the failed operation Gibraltar which led to operatiom grand slam which completely obliterated youe defences.

This led to you doing a 3 pronged push across the IB towards Lahore, Sialkot and Sindh. All of which failed miserably as per your own Harbaksh Singh. So much for having tea in lahore. You got nowhere near it.

We counter attacked and took khem karan and munabao fort.

And as for land. Allow me to quote the Cia

'The land india took was inconsequential and unimportant'. So much for having a victory.

Why don't you just say you captured Islamabad and only gave it back as charity?

Sorry I don't like claiming fake victories.... Whatever we achieved in 65 is enough for me to feel proud about my country....
Lol.

India started the war in 1965 with their unprovoked skirmish in the rann of kutch which was beaten back by the FC and SSG.

This led to the failed operation Gibraltar which led to operatiom grand slam which completely obliterated youe defences.

This led to you doing a 3 pronged push across the IB towards Lahore, Sialkot and Sindh. All of which failed miserably as per your own Harbaksh Singh. So much for having tea in lahore. You got nowhere near it.

'The land india took was inconsequential and unimportant'. So much for having a victory.

You boast about khem Karan a small border town and not looking at the fact India was threateningly close to capture Big City like Lahore and sat for 8 days on your territory starting right from the outskirts of Lahore and other cities till the peace was declared in Tashkent....

Maybe for you Pakistan starts from Lahore.... land From Lahore till India border seems irrelevant to you....

Last edited:
Lol.

You are the guy arguing that Kargil was a victory for pakistan army.

That's bad planning on our part, PAF was simply not asked for any support, we even didn't use our famous artillery in this entire operation... So all the attacks went in without artillery and air support.
Did any heads roll due to this? This was a blunder.

Sorry I don't like claiming fake victories.... Whatever we achieved in 65 is enough for me to feel proud about my country....

You boast about khem Karan a small border town and not looking at the fact India was threateningly close to capture Big City like Lahore and sat for 8 days on your territory starting right from the outskirts of Lahore and other cities till the peace was declared in Tashkent....

Maybe for you Pakistan starts from Lahore.... land From Lahore till India border seems irrelevant to you....
You were able to pull off a strategic surprise. PA wasn't even occupying its defensive lines in force when you invaded across the IB. You could gain territory initially but were grossly unable to meet your war objectives, i.e., your armies leading 3 pronged invasions linking up near Gujranwala on the GT road. The Lahore prong couldn't even move past the suburbs of Lahore. Sialkot prong was stopped in the same sector. PA actually ended up invading and capturing Indian territory across the IB, even though you had clearly surprised us. You could continue feeling proud about ending a war you had a clear advantage in with a stalemate against a 4-5 times smaller foe. On the other hand, the entire 62 war with the Chinese was fought on Indian territory, with you losing a territory the size of Switzerland to the Chinese (Aksai Chin) without capturing a single sq inch from the Chinese. Mentioning this contrast is important to put things into perspective vis a vis that pride.

Last edited:

If thats the case. We sat on over 220km2 of strategically important land that belonged to india. Considering the fact how the land you gained was unimportant and not strategic at all just goes to show how amazing your military truly is. Wonder what happened at lahore? Or wait... You got massacred and didnt set foot in the city.

If thats the case. We sat on over 220km2 of strategically important land that belonged to india. Considering the fact how the land you gained was unimportant and not strategic at all just goes to show how amazing your military truly is. Wonder what happened at lahore? Or wait... You got massacred and didnt set foot in the city.
Can you please enlighten us, what was the reason for pakistan agreed for ceasefire 65war?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom