Country
Pakistan

Bappi Lahiri dies at 69 due to multiple illnesses​

Bappi Lahiri was admitted in Mumbai's CritiCare Hospital in Juhu​

By Web Desk
February 16, 2022

Bappi Lahiri dies at 69 due to multiple illnesses
Bappi Lahiri dies at 69 due to multiple illnesses
Famous Indian musician and composer, Bappi Lahiri, breathes his last in Mumbai.
As per news agency PTI, the veteran singer suffered multiple diseases before he breathed his last on Tuesday at Mumbai's CritiCare Hospital in Juhu. He was 69.

Dr Deepak Namjoshi, director of the hospital, evaluated: "Lahiri had been admitted to the hospital for a month and was discharged on Monday. But his health deteriorated on Tuesday and his family called for a doctor to visit their home. He was brought to the hospital. He had multiple health issues. He died due to OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) shortly before midnight,"
Lahiri, also known as Bappi Da, was famous for composing songs for movies including Disco Dancer, Himmatwala, Sharaabi, Adventures of Tarzan, Dance Dance, Satyamev Jayate, Commando, Aaj Ke Shahenshah, Thanedaar, Numbri Aadmi and Shola Aur Shabnam.
The news of his demise comes after rumours spread in September about his deteriorating health.
“I am shocked to see so many reports stating that I’ve lost my voice. It’s ridiculous and I’m really unhappy," he denied all the hearsay at that time.

He was popular in the USSR and now in its constituents.

A music composer in Bombay films ( Bollywood ) and also I think in Indian Bengali cinema. He was especially famous in Bombay cinema in the 1980s.
While he was not very prolific in Hindi cinema, I enjoyed his lively compositions, especially those that he sung himself in his signature style. And of course those memes on his gold wearing!

Just saying we all are mortals

1. It may become possible in the near-future for humans to live for a long long time by somehow having multiple biological information copies of a person placed on different worlds under security and once a mortal human is dead or badly diseased then his or her information copy be rapidly grown in artificial wombs.

2. At the moment irrational and oppressive political and socio-economic ideas may seem popular and perpetual but intelligent, gentle, considered, rational and harmony-bringing ideas will prevail. Or humanity will destroy itself by being stupid. Or an asteroid will hopefully do the trick.

Last edited:
Don't really see any new talent.

There is actually talent but that gets hidden in a flood of mediocre music. I have always had the complaint that lot of Indian film music are 'desperate songs', created just to project the hero or to act as filler. That continues to this day. But we can find talented artistes today too whether singers or composers or lyricists. I will post three songs :

1. 'Dil sambhal ja zara' from film Murder 2 but performed here wonderfully in the finale of Indian Idol 2021 by the pretty Arunita and one of the original singers of the song, the charming Mohammed Irfan.

2. 'Shiddat' from the recent film Shiddat. "Yeh khaara samandar mera gawa hai..."

3. 'Ishq bulaava' from the film Hasee To Phasi. Nice lyrics, singing from the dashing Sanam Puri, Shipra Goyal and chorus by Vishal Dadlani. Nice music. And the visual story improves too if you disregard the initial bit.

Back
Top Bottom