What's new

Bangladesh will demand unconditional Apology from Pakistan for 1971 crimes

On the other hand Christian Gerlach said that a statistical collection of data was aborted because it did not support the BD government's claim that 200, 000 women were raped and 3 million killed.

Not surprising at all. BD has vested its own political existence on Mujib claim. To question it will question BD own nationhood (this is what they have chosen to do, it was never thrust on them).

If it wasn't pushed hard to get a true number by Ziaur Rahman, it will NEVER happen.....esp with the time that has elapsed now (testimony and evidence will not be as good now).

This was the intent of BD govt all along I feel.....which is very shameful as it mocks the actual victims since they become just a statistic that is treated non-seriously by rest of the world.

Time to tighten screws on 2 million illegal bangalis............. they are used by RAW for terrorism in Paksitan

You will have a good chance coming up when India starts ejecting the illegals from the border areas in coming years as ID card permeates in the area.

Send them through us and we will include them as part of the whole lot (as a covert CBM)....but lets see how it goes to begin with first.

I am tired of this fucking logic, Bangalis stabbed us in the back, their government is constantly bitching against Pakistan on indian instigation and stupid Pakistanis are still harping about muslim brotherhood.

The same stupid Pakistanis declare Iran as our muslim brother but they too generously helping india create problem in Baluchistan.

Afghans were also our muslim brothers and they too bitching and bickering about Pakistan after 4 decades of free loading on Pakistan.

Syrians were also our muslim brothers and we sent our PAF pilots to save their arses and they just issued a statement in support of indian actions in Kashmir declaring it as india's internal affair

please let us know if I have missed any other of our muslim brother who has not fucked, or is not trying to **** or will not try to **** super stupid Pakistani brothers

Thats not true. They are our Muslim brothers so they are one of us. And if we treat them good, then maybe the BD government and Pak-haters there will have some shame and stop barking against us.

I am tired of this fucking logic, Bangalis stabbed us in the back, their government is constantly bitching against Pakistan on indian instigation and stupid Pakistanis are still harping about muslim brotherhood.

The same stupid Pakistanis declare Iran as our muslim brother but they too generously helping india create problem in Baluchistan.

Afghans were also our muslim brothers and they too bitching and bickering about Pakistan after 4 decades of free loading on Pakistan.

Syrians were also our muslim brothers and we sent our PAF pilots to save their arses and they just issued a statement in support of indian actions in Kashmir declaring it as india's internal affair

please let us know if I have missed any other of our muslim brother who has not fucked, or is not trying to **** or will not try to **** super stupid Pakistani brothers

If all the above is true then we should at least try to maintain the upper moral hand and set a good example.

Btw not all Afghans and Bengalis have the views you claim they do. Yes a lot of them do hate us, but there's plenty who like us. Lets build on that goodwill and not lose the remaining goodwill and sense of Islamic brotherhood we have.

Like Afghanis we should remove all illegal people from Pakistan and after afghanistan largest illegal residents are from Bangladesh and they are security risk

The current BD government has nothing else to offer their people anyway. Their best representation is like a submissive courtesan to India stating "Do you want anything more daddy!".
Incorrect.

Government of Bangladesh is improving its countries economy tremendously fast - faster than Pakistan. Its social indicators are also improving (faster than India , let alone Pakistan I might add).

So when they are improving their people's lives and their economy at a faster rate than Pakistan, how on earth can a Pakistani (of all people) comment that the GoBD is offering nothing else apart from rhetoric to its own people.

You are prejudiced..as a Pakistani naturally would.

Its social indicators are also improving (faster than India

Uh come again?

HDI the gold standard index of combined social indicators has the following to say for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh:

2000 BAN: 0.468 IND: 0.496 PAK: 0.444

2014: BAN: 0.570 IND: 0.609 PAK: 0.538

BD gained 102 pts, India gained 113 points. (Pakistan improved by 94 points so its not doing too shabbily compared to the other 2)

Over the last available year (2013 to 2014) India improved HDI by 5 points, BD improved by 3 points, Pak by 2 points.

Uh come again?

HDI the gold standard index of combined social indicators has the following to say for India, Pakistan and Bangladesh:

2000 BAN: 0.468 IND: 0.496 PAK: 0.444

2014: BAN: 0.570 IND: 0.609 PAK: 0.538

BD gained 102 pts, India gained 113 points. (Pakistan improved by 94 points so its not doing too shabbily compared to the other 2)

Over the last available year (2013 to 2014) India improved HDI by 5 points, BD improved by 3 points, Pak by 2 points.
I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.

Mind you there is much we can learn from BD successes where we are lagging and same goes for learning from Pakistan (and hopefully they will also learn from India's successes)....and parts of India will learn from other parts of India etc etc. :P

Mind you there is much we can learn from BD successes where we are lagging and same goes for learning from Pakistan (and hopefully they will also learn from India's successes)....and parts of India will learn from other parts of India etc etc. :P
The only thing I want Pakistanis to learn is better jihad from Syrians.

Don't wish them to learn economic and social improvements from India/BD/etc.

Musharraf apology to Bangladesh

By David Blair in Islamabad

12:01AM BST 31 Jul 2002

President Pervaiz Musharraf of Pakistan took a bold step yesterday when he implicitly apologised for the atrocities that scarred Bangladesh's war for independence from his country in 1971.

Gen Musharraf's expression of "regret", the first by a Pakistani military ruler, came during an official visit to Bangladesh.

His words received a mixed response, with the Bangladeshi government welcoming them but the country's opposition denouncing his gesture as inadequate.

Gen Musharraf visited a war memorial at Savar, near the capital, Dhaka, and left a handwritten note in the visitors' book.

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pain of the events in 1971," he wrote. "The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regretted. Let us bury the past in the spirit of magnanimity. Let not the light of the future be dimmed."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../1403185/Musharraf-apology-to-Bangladesh.html

Bangladesh welcomes Musharraf's 'apology'

Wednesday
July 31, 2002
0005 IST

Bangladesh on Tuesday welcomed visiting Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf's statement of regret over 'excesses' during its liberation war three decades ago.

"We welcome what President Musharraf wrote in Savar and (said) at the banquet last night," Bangladesh Foreign Minister Morshed Khan told reporters.

"We don't want to embarrass a guest by discussing issues like an apology for the 1971 war situation. It is the spirit of the people of the two countries that will decide that," he said.

Musharraf, the first Pakistani army ruler to visit Bangladesh since the independence of this country in 1971, while paying homage at the National Martyrs' Memorial, near Dhaka, had described the events of 1971 'unfortunate' and the excesses 'regrettable'.

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pains of the events of 1971. The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regrettable," Musharraf said at the banquet on Monday night.

"Let us bury the past in the spirit of magnanimity. Let not the light of the future be dimmed. Let us move forward together," Musharraf said, adding that 'courage to compromise is greater than to confront'.

Left-wing groups and some members of Bangladesh's main opposition Awami League have been pushing for a formal apology by Musharraf and compensation over the war in which an estimated three million people were killed.

However, renowned poet Shamshur Rahman, said, "This falls short of unconditional apology. We do not accept this."

The Awami League was not available for reaction.
http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/jul/30bang.htm

case closed .................!!!!

I think now they want it from Pakistan parliament. Mushy was a dictator

Lol why wouldn't you want the apology of the army? And is being accused of war crimes. The one that was actually involved. You want an apology from the corrupt ogre? Are you daft?
Resolution in parliament

The only thing I want Pakistanis to learn is better jihad from Syrians.

Don't wish them to learn economic and social improvements from India/BD/etc.

I bear no ill will to most of the Pakistan aam admi...if they can live longer and lead better lives....they will also be less likely to throw it all away at moments notice for violence/war etc...

Development and time are the biggest factors to help peace in subcontinent I feel.

I bear no ill will to most of the Pakistan aam admi...if they can live longer and lead better lives....they will also be less likely to throw it all away at moments notice for violence/war etc...

Development and time are the biggest factors to help peace in subcontinent I feel.
Osama bin laden had money, healthcare and jobs.
He chose Jihad. You must understand the Pakistani psyche. You are assuming and superimposing your Indian/Canadian idea of what a human wants on Pakistani culture. That would lead to a flawed analysis. Their cultural prism is very different.

Its not about better development leading to better lives. For Pakistanis, better lives means jihad.

Osama bin laden had money, healthcare and jobs.
He chose Jihad. You must understand the Pakistani psyche. You are assuming and superimposing your Indian/Canadian idea of what a human wants on Pakistani culture. That would lead to a flawed analysis. Their cultural prism is very different.

Its not about better development leading to better lives. For Pakistanis, better lives means jihad.

I used to think like you too.

Anyway lets agree to disagree and move on.

Incorrect.

Government of Bangladesh is improving its countries economy tremendously fast - faster than Pakistan. Its social indicators are also improving (faster than India , let alone Pakistan I might add).

So when they are improving their people's lives and their economy at a faster rate than Pakistan, how on earth can a Pakistani (of all people) comment that the GoBD is offering nothing else apart from rhetoric to its own people.

You are prejudiced..as a Pakistani naturally would.

You are prejudiced, as an Indian naturally is. However, the offering has little to do with the current government and more do with a well placed middle class and growing textile industry. The population explosion and spread of this growth has yet to spread.

When you are unable to pacify a population seeing a disparate growth, one turn to piecemeal issues as the current BD government is.

Back
Top Bottom