What's new

Bangladesh to protest 'strongly' against shells fired from Myanmar

No they won't as China is not BD's enemy.

They will not support Myanmar if BD is one that is attacked first.
This is just your belief that makes you feel comfortable.... If Myanmar is really as strategically important in East as Pakistan in west then China will work in favour of Myanmar.....

Why would they favour BD who doesn't even share land border with china nor it's firmly either in China or USA camp???

This is just your belief that makes you feel comfortable.... If Myanmar is really as strategically important in East as Pakistan in west then China will work in favour of Myanmar.....

Why would they favour BD who doesn't even share land border with china nor it's firmly either in China or USA camp???

China does not want BD to tilt into the USA/India camp.

They have already said this publicly.

BD has options and the Chinese know it.

China does not want BD to tilt into the USA/India camp.

They have already said this publicly.

BD has options and the Chinese know it.
BD does not offer anything extraordinary to China that Burma cannot offer except a bigger market... Burma too offers access to BoB with more longer coastal lines, big big geographical depth compared to BD and most importantly shares border with China... if need arises China can afford to sacrifice this BD market at the cost of Burma who is firmly in the Chinese camp whereas BD she doesn't know whose side it will pick in future between her and America.... After all keeping Burma with her is more easy than to keep BD in her camp who shares neither land border nor maritime borders with China....

Here comes the two bit estate agent 🤣🤣🤣
Why you keep replying to me. Didn’t I tell you to **** off while ago. Be a good cuck and enjoy ur leader hasina take it in her *** by husband modi. Don’t forget get to sing song about that fucking bridge.

BD does not offer anything extraordinary to China that Burma cannot offer except a bigger market... Burma too offers access to BoB with more longer coastal lines, big big geographical depth compared to BD and most importantly shares border with China... if need arises China can afford to sacrifice this BD market at the cost of Burma who is firmly in the Chinese camp whereas BD she doesn't know whose side it will pick in future between her and America.... After all keeping Burma with her is more easy than to keep BD in her camp who shares neither land border nor maritime borders with China....

Read my post fully and then come back.

This source suggesting they already have. Although it is difficult to obtain accurate news about these procurements, especially for a Mafia state like Myanmar. Do you have any reliable source?

Update: Here is another report where they paraded the system in 2021

Myanmar does have SY-400 system.

However, the SY-400 system is not a missile, but a long-range rocket system that is accurately positioned by China's Beidou satellite system and then strikes. It is similar to the HIMARS rocket system in the USA, which uses GPS to locate and then carries out strikes. Therefore, the Myanmar military govt may not be able to continue to use SY-400.

Because the SY-400 was ordered by Aung San Suu Kyi's govt from China in 2016 and delivered to Myanmar in 2020. But in 2021, Aung San Suu Kyi was subjected to a coup by the Myanmar military govt.

Subsequently, the Myanmar military govt threatened China to recognize its legitimacy by suspending the B&R Project. Relations between China and Myanmar's military junta have also deteriorated.

These SY-400 may not be able to be used. Because China can cut off the Beidou satellite system. If SY-400 lacks the intelligence support provided by the Beidou system, it will be a pile of scrap iron.

What if China decides to feed Myanmar with real time AWACS and other intelligence? What if they start equipping Myanmar the way USA is equipping Ukraine? If Myanmar is really that important for China then they will surely take care of him....
The Burmese military govt has suspended China's B&R projects, and they also want to coerce the Chinese govt into making political concessions. The relations between the two countries are at a low ebb. Before the return of Aung San Suu Kyi's govt, the relations between the two countries cannot be restored to the previous state.

Last edited:
Myanmar does have SY-400 system.

However, the SY-400 system is not a missile, but a long-range rocket system that is accurately positioned by China's Beidou satellite system and then strikes. It is similar to the HIMARS rocket system in the USA, which uses GPS to locate and then carries out strikes. Therefore, the Myanmar military govt may not be able to continue to use SY-400.

Because the SY-400 was ordered by Aung San Suu Kyi's govt from China in 2016 and delivered to Myanmar in 2020. But in 2021, Aung San Suu Kyi was subjected to a coup by the Myanmar military govt.

Subsequently, the Myanmar military govt threatened China to recognize its legitimacy by suspending the B&R Project. Relations between China and Myanmar's military junta have also deteriorated.

These SY-400 may not be able to be used. Because China can cut off the Beidou satellite system. If SY-400 lacks the intelligence support provided by the Beidou system, it will be a pile of scrap iron.

The Burmese military govt has suspended China's B&R projects, and they also want to coerce the Chinese govt into making political concessions. The relations between the two countries are at a low ebb. Before the return of Aung San Suu Kyi's govt, the relations between the two countries cannot be restored to the previous state.
some sort of bitterness in relations is normal thing... but do you really expect China to sacrifice Myanmar for BD? I highly doubt my friend...

BTW if SY400 is like HIMARS then Myanmar is lucky to have such a deadly system in its arsenal which even bigger military powers in this area do not have.....

some sort of bitterness in relations is normal thing... but do you really expect China to sacrifice Myanmar for BD? I highly doubt my friend...

BTW if SY400 is like HIMARS then Myanmar is lucky to have such a deadly system in its arsenal which even bigger military powers in this area do not have.....

China sold SY-400 to Aung San Suu Kyi's govt, not Myanmar's military govt. This is actually political support for Aung San Suu Kyi.

The Myanmar military govt is a real threat to several autonomous regions in northern Myanmar, which are China's core interests in Myanmar. Therefore, as long as the military govt remains in power, it is difficult for the relations between the two countries to return to normal.

China is a decent P5 country, so it is impossible for China to recognize a military govt that came to power through an illegal coup. No coercion can make China make concessions.

The range of SY-400 is larger than HIMARS. Within the same range, the accuracy of the two systems is similar. information capability depends on the capabilities of Beidou system and GPS. However, the launch mode of SY-400 results in its launch speed being lower than HIMARS, which means that its transfer speed is not as good as HIMARS.

The real king of rocket systems is China's PHL-16, which has faster transfer speed, faster loading speed, stronger firepower, longer range and better accuracy than HIMARS. The only disadvantage is that PHL-16 is not exported.

IMG_20220907_224013.jpg

Seems to be some misunderstanding between BD and Myanmar.

Seems to be some misunderstanding between BD and Myanmar.
Yes BD members are making unnecessary issue of this, in my school days I remember of reading news Burma accidently bombed Indian village on the border..... such things happen.....unfortunately I don't have source for this now....

Yes BD members are making unnecessary issue of this, in my school days I remember of reading news Burma accidently bombed Indian village on the border..... such things happen.....unfortunately I don't have source for this now....
Nope. Not unnecessary issue or overreaction. Same things did happen prior to them pushing in a million Rohingya refugee into Bangladesh back in 2017, who are in all likeliness never going back. It's not one of those one off accidental incidents.

Nope. Not unnecessary issue or overreaction. Same things did happen prior to them pushing in a million Rohingya refugee into Bangladesh back in 2017, who are in all likeliness never going back. It's not one of those one off accidental incidents.
This I agree that 2017 was an utter disrespect shown by Burma.... but you are forgetting they forced rohingyas in India too and till date they are here..... sometimes we just have to live with something..... but this current incident looks more like their jets accidently bombarded your territory assuming operation was being conducted on their territory..... this area is covered with mountains and thick forests.... mistakes can happen....

Back
Top Bottom