What's new

Bangladesh starts monitoring mosques, madrasas

Some people are trying to relate the situation in PK and AF with BD. This is quite wrong. BD people were never extremist. But if ther people here ever become extremist, the reason will be BAL agents as they are run by others to suppress the sane voice of patriot people here.

Look here how they celebrate their wedding and other functions there in PK, and how we do. Our culture is very different. Firing on occasions is customary there. Even I heard to say one Pakistani here that some Pakistanis celebrated with firing in PK in the day BD defeated India in cricket last time. lol. People here cannot be extremist easily unless they are pushed so hard. Guns and bullets are copious there to the common people, therefore, extremism is so common.

Wedding Firing Sargodha. Chak 47 (Shoaib Kharal) - YouTube

Sialkot Barat Firing Full Badmashi (Kings Of Sialkot Mehr Brothers) - YouTube

Shahid Afridi Home Celebration Firing - YouTube

niazi firing. in mianwali - YouTube

Extremism needs an ideology, not a weapon. If you have an ideology, the weapons will follow suit.
Secondly, just because we keep weapons doesn't make us extremists. I myself have more weapons than the entire precinct of Ohio (lol) but I am a secularist and in no way an extremist. It is just customary to have weapons, it's a borrowed custom from our tribal heritage. It doesn't make us terrorists!

^ You must get a correlation between possessing guns and possessing extremist ideology if investigate, in my opinion.

^ You must get a correlation between possessing guns and possessing extremist ideology if investigate, in my opinion.

Bengalis had no guns prior to 71, but they got em' when they got an ideology, right?
That's my point.........

I think almost all the posters here are educated in a wetern education system. This is why they can read, write and speak in a foreign English language, an important tool to educate. So, I do not see why people should support a backward Madrasa system for a group of Bangladeshis where the teachers may not have wide knowledge, and their minds full of superstitions. As a result of this, their students may remain 'Functionally uneducated' and they cannot contribute to the development of the country.

This is why, if the govt is unable to abolish the madrasa system at least it should try to monitor how the teachers function. From my own personal experience, I can attest that any teaching job in any western country including Japan is continuously monitored, be it a Primary school or an Institution of higher education. So, I wonder why the same approach is called 'Interference' by the govt when it is very normal in other countries.

Instead of criticizing a good govt move, people should welcome it. Some people criticize everything good or bad whatever is done by the present ruling party. But, we must separate out good deeds from the evil ones. This is also a teaching of Islam. Blanket criticism of the govt is not what Islam preached. Check out the 1400 yr. old Islamic texts about this matter. There are certain guidelines on how the ruler and the public shouild behave with each other.

What's up with buffy? It's a name of a fictional vampire slayer. Luffy is an anime character.

Flying spaghetti monster eh? Cute :lol:

It's a short for buffoon may be.

Makes no sense, does it?
No, you don't.

I'm not it, am I? ;)

Anyway, how dare this buffy thinks that we, Indian Bengalis need help from jamatis of all people? Last time I checked, it's not us who are flocking to dhaka for want of jobs. It's not our chief minister who's going to dhaka and requesting for more share of water. And off course these jamatis never needed to provide shelter to us.

As I said, makes no sense!

But that's the big mistake you are making, Mr. Eastwatch: You believe that I, kobiraaz, and others who have been arguing against the monitoring actually SUPPORT the madrasa system. Well, you're absolutely wrong! And I'm sure if you look at our posts, there is not a single post where either kobiraaz or I or anyone else supports the current madrasa system.

I myself have been educated in the English-medium system before getting into BUET(which runs in the bangla medium style). I definitely hate the madrasa system (as I hate the pathetic Bangla medium system), and definitely hate almost all of the Mullahs of Bangladesh. But I hate the secular Mullahs too. I am not willing to tolerate the ritual humiliation of our religion and places of worship by such a pathetic low life creation as Sheikh Hasina or the Awami League. I do not see why an Islamic mullah must be necessarily worse than a secular mullah. I also do not recognize that a backward Islamic madrasa is worse than a backward Bangla-medium "madrasa" (school or college). You must be seriously deluded if you think that the Bangla medium education is in any way, of superior quality to madrasa education. But here everyone dances as though its only the madrasa which is backward, and the Bangla medium is so super-duper great that everyone of us is bound to become a NASA scientist.

You seem to make a mistake that anyone who opposes the Awami League must be in support for the stupid village mullahs. And that is where secularists make their biggest mistake. They think that only they are modern, and everyone else is "backward". Only they are "progressive intellectuals" and others must be locked up before they can "turn BD into another Afghanistan". Only they understand the need for education and non-secularists all prefer madrasa education. It is this arrogance which really makes me angry. In their ignorance, secularists often act as unwitting pawns of foreign powers and help them to keep Bangladesh down, in favour of their own people.

Wake up! Having respect for your own faith and your own people and refusal to allow traitors to destroy your culture, does not make someone supportive of backward institutions and ignorant of the modern world, and at the same time, worshipping the West and always trying to look out for their best interests does not make someone "progressive". We have been worshipping the West ever since our independence, dancing at their tune, trembling in terror at what "our image" will be in America, and it has resulted in zero development for us. Rather, the West just used it as an asset to help themselves at our cost.

Banglar Lathial has posted the most important logic: Why, if the secularists are so progressive, are they so economically mediocre? Why is secular Bangladesh so much more backward than, say, Islamic Iran or Islamist-run Turkey or even Nigeria? Think! There must be deeper issues than simply "Islamist - backward - no education" and "Secularist - progressive - lotsa education". And that is the thing most secularists miss.

What makes Turkey Islamist run?

Maybe, because:
1. Erdogan, the current PM, is a Turkish Madrasa student.
2. He first joined the Islamist National Salvation Party, which was banned by the Kemalist military dictators
3. He then joined the Islamist Welfare Party, which was then banned
4. He wrote a poem - It included verses translated as "The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers....
5. Then he joined the AK Party

And now its in power. But of course, since he is responsible for development of Turkey in your Indian mind he will probably be a Kemalist. Because you Indians can never acknowledge that Muslims can result in development of a country. So naturally, you must make miraculous leaps of faith to turn Erdogan and the AKP into atheist Kemalists, no matter about the truth.

Mindless blabbering aside, all Erdogan did was to make Turkey more democratic by re-instantiating some of the democratic right of particular religious community which were already usually enjoyed by them in western countries, and India also but I'd refrain giving that example as Jamatis turn all red reading that name.

He also did some sloganeering against Israel and let some nutjobs to have something to cheer about, but that's about it.

AKP is as Islamist as Republicans are Christianist(sic).

Why are Jews so powerful and Muslims so powerless? :: Weekly Blitz

Why are Jews so powerful and Muslims so powerless?
by Dr. Farrukh Saleem
January 8, 2010

Why are Jews so powerful and Muslims so powerless? :: Weekly Blitz

There are only 14 million Jews in the world; seven million in the Americas, five million in Asia, two million in Europe and 100,000 in Africa. For every single Jew in the world there are 100 Muslims. Yet, Jews are more than a hundred times more powerful than all the Muslims put together. Ever wondered why?

Jesus of Nazareth was Jewish. Albert Einstein, the most influential scientist of all time and TIME magazine's 'Person of the Century', was a Jew. Sigmund Freud - ego, superego - the father of psychoanalysis was a Jew. So were Karl Marx, Paul Samuelson and Milton Friedman.

Here are a few other Jews whose intellectual output has enriched the whole of humanity: Benjamin Rubin gave humanity the vaccinating needle. Jonas Salk developed the first polio vaccine. Alert Sabin developed the improved live polio vaccine. Gertrude Elion gave us a leukemia-fighting drug. Baruch Blumberg developed the vaccination for Hepatitis B. Paul Ehrlich discovered a treatment for syphilis (a sexually transmitted disease). Elie Metchnikoff won a Nobel Prize in infectious diseases.

Bernard Katz won a Nobel Prize in neuromuscular transmission. Andrew Schally won a Nobel in endocrinology (disorders of the endocrine system; diabetes, hyperthyroidism). Aaron Beck founded Cognitive Therapy (psychotherapy to treat mental disorders, depression and phobias). Gregory Pincus developed the first oral contraceptive pill. George Wald won a Nobel for furthering our understanding of the human eye. Stanley Cohen won a Nobel in embryology (study of embryos and their development). Willem Kolff came up with the kidney dialysis machine.

Over the past 105 years, 14 million Jews have won 180 Nobel Prizes while only 3 Nobel Prizes have been won by 1.4 billion Muslims (other than Peace Prizes).

Why are Jews so powerful? Stanley Mezor invented the first micro-processing chip. Leo Szilard developed the first nuclear chain reactor; Peter Schultz, the optical fibre cable; Charles Adler - traffic lights; Benno Strauss - stainless steel; Isador Kisee - sound movies; Emile Berliner - the telephone microphone and Charles Ginsburg - the videotape recorder.

Famous financiers in the business world who belong to the Jewish faith include Ralph Lauren (Polo), Levis Strauss (Levi's Jeans), Howard Schultz (Starbuck's) , Sergey Brin (Google), Michael Dell (Dell Computers), Larry Ellison (Oracle), Donna Karan (DKNY), Irv Robbins (Baskins & Robbins) and Bill Rosenberg (Dunkin Donuts).

Richard Levin, President of Yale University, is a Jew. So are Henry Kissinger (American secretary of state), Alan Greenspan (Federal Chairman of Banking under Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush, Jr.), Joseph Lieberman, Senator, Madeleine Albright (former Secretary of State), Maxim Litvinov (USSR Foreign Minister), David Marshal (Singapore's first Chief Minister), Issac Isaacs (Governor-General of Australia), Benjamin Disraeli (British statesman and author), Yevgeny Primakov (Russian Prime Minister), Jorge Sampaio (President of Portugal), Herb Gray (Canadian Deputy Prime Minister), Pierre Mendes (French Prime Minister), Michael Howard (British Home Secretary), Bruno Kreisky (Chancellor of Austria) and Robert Rubin (former Secretary of the Treasury).

In the media, famous Jews include Wolf Blitzer (CNN), Barbara Walters (ABC News), Eugene Meyer (Washington Post), Henry Grunwald (Editor-in-Chief of Time Magazine), Katherine Graham (publisher of The Washington Post), Joseph Lelyyeld (Executive Editor, The New York Times), and Max Frankel (New York Times).

Can you name the most beneficent philanthropist in the history of the world? The name is George Soros, a Jew, who has so far donated a colossal $4 billion; most of which has gone as aid to scientists and universities around the world. Second to George Soros is Walter Annenberg, another Jew, who has built a hundred libraries by donating an estimated $2 billion.

At the Olympics, Mark Spitz set a record of sorts by wining seven gold medals. Lenny Krayzelburg is a three-time Olympic gold medalist. Spitz, Krayzelburg and Boris Becker (Tennis) are all Jewish.

Did you know that Harrison Ford, George Burns, Tony Curtis, Charles Bronson, Sandra Bullock, Barbra Streisand, Billy Crystal, Woody Allen, Paul Newman, Peter Sellers, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Kirk Douglas, William Shatner, Jerry Lewis and Peter Falk are all Jewish?

As a matter of fact, Hollywood itself was founded by a Jew. Among directors and producers, Steven Spielberg, Mel Brooks, Oliver Stone, Aaron Spelling (Beverly Hills 90210), Neil Simon (The Odd Couple), Andrew Vaina (Rambo's 1, 2 and 3), Michael Mann (Starsky and Hutch), Milos Forman (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest), Douglas Fairbanks (The Thief of Baghdad) and Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters) are all Jewish.

To be certain, Washington is the capital that matters and in Washington the lobby that matters is The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC. Washington knows that if PM Ehud Olmert were to discover that the earth is flat, AIPAC will make the 109th Congress pass a resolution congratulating Olmert on his discovery.

William James Sidis, with an IQ of 250-300, is the brightest human who ever existed. Guess what faith did he belong to?

So, why are Jews so powerful?

Answer: Education!

Why are Muslims so powerless?

There are an estimated 1,476,233,470 Muslims on the face of the planet: one billion in Asia, 400 million in Africa, 44 million in Europe and six million in the Americas. Every fifth human being is a Muslim. For every single Hindu there are two Muslims, for every Buddhist there are two Muslims and for every Jew there are one hundred Muslims. Ever wondered why Muslims are so powerless?

Here is why: There are 57 member-countries of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), and all of them put together have around 500 universities; one university for every three million Muslims. The United States has 5,758 universities (1 for every 57,000 Americans) and India has 8,407. In 2004, Shanghai Jiao Tong University compiled an 'Academic Ranking of World Universities', and intriguingly, not one university from Muslim-majority states was in the top 500.

As per data collected by the UNDP, literacy in the Christian world stands at nearly 90 per cent and 15 Christian-majority states have a literacy rate of 100 per cent. A Muslim-majority state, as a sharp contrast, has an average literacy rate of around 40 per cent and there is no Muslim-majority state with a literacy rate of 100 per cent. Some 98 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world had completed primary school, while less than 50 per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same. Around 40 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world attended university while no more than two per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same.

Muslim-majority countries have 230 scientists per one million Muslims. The U.S. has 4,000 scientists per million and Japan has 5,000 per million. In the entire Arab world, the total number of full-time researchers is 35,000 and there are only 50 technicians per one million Arabs (in the Christian world there are up to 1,000 technicians per one million). Furthermore, the Muslim world spends 0.2 per cent of its GDP on research and development, while the Christian world spends around five per cent of its GDP.

Conclusion: The Muslim world lacks the capacity to produce knowledge.

Daily newspapers per 1,000 people and number of book titles per million are two indicators of whether knowledge is being diffused in a society. In Pakistan, there are 23 daily newspapers per 1,000 Pakistanis while the same ratio in Singapore is 360. In the UK, the number of book titles per million stands at 2,000 while the same in Egypt is 20.

Conclusion: The Muslim world is failing to diffuse knowledge.

Exports of high technology products as a percentage of total exports are an important indicator of knowledge application. Pakistan's exports of high technology products as a percentage of total exports stands at one per cent. The same for Saudi Arabia, Kuwait , Morocco , and Algeria (are all at 0.3 per cent) while Singapore is at 58 per cent.

Conclusion: The Muslim world is failing to apply knowledge.

Why are Muslims powerless?

Because we aren't producing knowledge.

Because we aren't diffusing knowledge.

Because we aren't applying knowledge.

And, the future belongs to knowledge-based societies.

Interestingly, the combined annual GDP of 57 OIC-countries is under $2 trillion. America, just by herself, produces goods and services worth $12 trillion; China - $8 trillion, Japan - $3.8 trillion and Germany - $2.4 trillion (purchasing power parity basis).

Oil rich Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar collectively produce goods and services (mostly oil) worth $500 billion; Spain alone produces goods and services worth over $1 trillion; Catholic Poland - $489 billion and Buddhist Thailand - $545 billion. Muslim GDP, as a percentage of worlds GDP, is fast declining.

So, why are Muslims so powerless?

Answer: Lack of education!

All we do is shouting to Allah the whole day and blame everyone else for our multiple failures.

^^Why do you post trash from that zionist newspaper? You know it is supported and funded by Zionists. And you didn't address a single point in my post.

Ok. So why doesn't the secularists with their all modern and progressive education show any improvements for Bangladesh? Why don't they quit whining and do something to show us just how much more awesome secularists are than the Islamists?

Your zionist article does nothing to help Bangladesh, such self-flagellation is useless for all purposes, except demoralize the people and force them to accept a Western hegemony.

If anything, secularists are in a even worse socioeconomic position than Islamists. Most voters who vote for the Awami League are poor rickshaw pullers and subsistence farmers.

I dearly hope the secularists can one day be an asset for Bangladesh rather than just making hot air!

why there was no Jewish scientist in pre medieval era, only Hindu scientists?? why there was no Jewish scientist in medieval era?? only Muslims?? why there was no Jewish scientist during industrial revolution of Europe??? mostly Christians from Royal Academy??

whats the reason??? Don't you people think money, power, scope of research, availability of knowledge all had role???

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is that civilizations go through periods of rise and fall. China, in 1911 was a most backward feudal monarchy. Americans, French, British, Germans all stomped their way through China, massacring Chinese everywhere they went, as is usual for the West. In 1945 China, despite being much much larger than Japan, was easily defeated. Even as far back as 1980 China was a very poor nation.

So what if some Muslim countries are going through a tough time now? Iran and Turkey, have already started their rise. Now its our decision whether to follow them or stick to our stupid mullahs, not a single one who shows any signs of visionary leadership, unlike, say, Khamenei of Iran.

I belive we must make our own way, and bypass our mullahs, who have not done anything for leadership. Elect our own leaders in a democratic style, ensure honesty through disciplinary bodies, etc. We cannot afford to be stuck behind the leadership of an old person who cannot be changed, and must be blindly followed, who does as he pleases without following any rules.

^^Why do you post trash from that zionist newspaper? You know it is supported and funded by Zionists. And you didn't address a single point in my post.

Ok. So why doesn't the secularists with their all modern and progressive education show any improvements for Bangladesh? Why don't they quit whining and do something to show us just how much more awesome secularists are than the Islamists?

Your zionist article does nothing to help Bangladesh, such self-flagellation is useless for all purposes, except demoralize the people and force them to accept a Western hegemony.

If anything, secularists are in a even worse socioeconomic position than Islamists. Most voters who vote for the Awami League are poor rickshaw pullers and subsistence farmers.

I dearly hope the secularists can one day be an asset for Bangladesh rather than just making hot air!

Sorry, I have no answer to all your jargons. Your analysis is almost to the point, but your conclusions are blinded by non-reasons. So, keep your thinking inside yourself. But, remember, Bangladesh will never never buy your medicine. The present education system was introduced during British time, but the superstious Muslims of Bengal shunned this system for about a hundred years inspired by the uneducated Mullahs who spoke against it, but the Hindus accepted it. This is why Muslims of Bengal still remain backward.

There is no scope of luxury for the country to fall back again into that Mullah dominated dark age because the citizens of BD have already opened their eyes. Rather, Bangladesh will keep on adhering to the present principle of improving its pro-western education system, and will certainly not allow itself to go backward with a theology-based education. Well, you guys can depend upon the Rohingyas on that count.

Zionist or what, a person must be respected for his good opinion and should not be shunned because it was published in Blitz. He has, like me, the courage to raise the issue in the open and what he said is totally correct. Did he try to glorify the Jews? No, rather, he tried to make the Muslims understand the value of a proper education for them. We should accept his opinion with a free mind. Why why do you want to put control on some other's mind?

May be the monitoring on mosques and madrassas are becuase of systematic propaganda in once obscure and now famous but extremely controversial Bangladeshi tabloid named BLITZ. This newspaper is continuing propaganda against most of the Muslim organizations and groups. Please know, this newspaper 'leaked' the rumor about 'secret romance between Hina Rabbani Khar and Bilawal Bhutto'. I think, this tabloid has agenda set by MOSSAD and RAW. Read the report below:

3T main culprits behind jihadist indoctrination

Back
Top Bottom