What's new

Bangladesh Navy

And post post 2030, lets get a Aircraft Carrier. :D

All these procurement would surely help us construct the battle group we need for an AC!

Cheers!!!

Should think of arming Somudra joy and Avijan. These are serving in prestigious international tours without having any significant weapon systems. Hilarious.

The only war for a possible BD is Myanmar. And Myanmar has a possible large coastline than BD.
I think BD should try to upgrade its AF with Mig 29 or Su30 with atleast 2 squadrons. Naval acquisitions should be better with submarines as it will give better depth against an enemy.
Frigates, cutter or corvettes might look good on paper. But against an enemy having superior number or capability, it does not offer much use.
So Mig 29 or Submarines make more sense.

Should think of arming Somudra joy and Avijan. These are serving in prestigious international tours without having any significant weapon systems. Hilarious.

Aren't they for just peacekeeping and not engagement?

Cheers!!!

And post post 2030, lets get a Aircraft Carrier. :D

All these procurement would surely help us construct the battle group we need for an AC!

Cheers!!!

Makes sense that a country like BD will end up having a large and powerful Navy since it is and will be very dependent on sea trade. But we are probably talking way too far into the future like 2040+ and so it is a lot of speculation now.

If BD can re size their structure and made stride efforts for further modernization...

to have at least 6 modern frigate in class of Gowind or La Fayette or Sigma class will be better, and it can be used for the 2-2-2 rules (2 for operational duty, 2 for reserve duty, and 2 for maintenance duty). And that will be complimented with at least 12 ASW corvettes (type 056 i guess) accompanied by dozen ASW helicopter and MPA/ASW aircraft.

What BD Navy need is more surface vessels for presence duty and policing their coast line against any possible intruder. That's why BD Navy need OPV to augment their fleets. Submarine can't do that. What Submarine can do is for deterrence, and made sure they can deter possible armed incursion from hostile power

Makes sense that a country like BD will end up having a large and powerful Navy since it is and will be very dependent on sea trade. But we are probably talking way too far into the future like 2040+ and so it is a lot of speculation now.

Yes yes I know. Jokes apart, ACs are usually for major power projections and we dont really need to go that route. A decent, formidable navy that poses a good defence is all we need. Instead, we need to ramp up the Air force with at least 100-150 4+/4.5+ gen fighters say by 2030 or 2035, depending on how the economy goes. But thats just my guess.

Cheers!!!

Yes yes I know. Jokes apart, ACs are usually for major power projections and we dont really need to go that route. A decent, formidable navy that poses a good defence is all we need. Instead, we need to ramp up the Air force with at least 100-150 4+/4.5+ gen fighters say by 2030 or 2035, depending on how the economy goes. But thats just my guess.

Cheers!!!

BD forces plan 2030 looks at 10 squadrons(120) of new fighters by 2030. I think that the first 4 squadrons will be 4.5-gen(Russian) and the next 6 will be 5th generation(probably from China).

By 2030, even 4.5 gen fighters will start becoming obsolete.

BD forces plan 2030 looks at 10 squadrons(120) of new fighters by 2030. I think that the first 4 squadrons will be 4.5-gen(Russian) and the next 6 will be 5th generation(probably from China).

By 2030, even 4.5 gen fighters will start becoming obsolete.

But being realistic, we are quite slow in keeping pace with the modern procurement. I would thus take 4.5 Gens by 2030 anyday. If BAF however manages to get better planes, that'll be golden!

Cheers!!!

But being realistic, we are quite slow in keeping pace with the modern procurement. I would thus take 4.5 Gens by 2030 anyday. If BAF however managers to get better planes, that'll be golden!

Cheers!!!

Bro, you need to understand that BD's economy has and is not now large enough this decade to simultaneously modernise all 3 military branches at the same time. This will change next decade though as the economy hits half a trillion US dollars by 2025 and should get to 1 trillion by 2030.

BD would be crazy to be ordering 4.5 gen fighers next decade when for a little more money 5th gen fighters from suppliers like China, South Korea and Turkey will be available for purchase. Better to get slightly lesser numbers of 5th gen fighters than slightly higher numbers of 4.5 gen fighters. You need to consider the life-cycle costs as well, so say a 4th generation fighter costs 60 million to buy and then also 120 million for weapons, training and maintenance over the next 30 years, that comes to 180 million dollars in total. A 5th gen fighter may cost 100 million dollars upfront but then also cost 120 million for weapons, training and maintenance over the next 30 years that comes to 220 million dollars in total. In effect you are really paying only 20% more to run a 5th gen fighter rather than a 4.5 gen fighter.:D

Edit - just realised I am derailing my own thread. We should go back to BD Navy topic.

why we have another thread on BD so called coastal Police when there is a STICKY already? @UKBengali ?

No one cares what you THINK it's just like wearing a badly washed LUNGI without underwear..........

Admins should immediately remove this thread.

why we have another thread on BD so called coastal Police when there is a STICKY already? @UKBengali ?

No one cares what you THINK it's just like wearing a badly washed LUNGI without underwear..........

Admins should immediately remove this thread.

Someone is butt-hurt here.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom