What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Coast Guard Cutter Jarvis decommissioning and transfer ceremony

970360_473487679388275_96432826_n.jpg

983770_473487652721611_759562348_n.jpg

Tried to inbox you but the problem is my post count is only 107.

"Note: Until your post count is 100000 you will be able to send PMs to Staff only."

Sir, if you want to keep your identity secret ask @WebMaster to change your name. You will be able to PM him. Nice to see you here after a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
its still mysterious to me why BN need to buy a old cutter then assemble new armament!!! if you armanent an oil tanker with c802 missile ,fm-90 and 76 mm oto melara and two 630 gatlling guns it can be frigate too. when bd export new ships in EU ,i still found no reson buying the old cutter when we need to armament it. if it was possible then i can give order to the eastern marine build new ship and order armament separately with the radar and electronics

its still mysterious to me why BN need to buy a old cutter then assemble new armament!!! if you armanent an oil tanker with c802 missile ,fm-90 and 76 mm oto melara and two 630 gatlling guns it can be frigate too. when bd export new ships in EU ,i still found no reson buying the old cutter when we need to armament it. if it was possible then i can give order to the eastern marine build new ship and order armament separately with the radar and electronics

totally newly build frigate will cost $150-$200 million, now it will cost around 60-80$million with same armaments, it has still 40 years life time after refurbish, got that ? and btw oil tanker and frigate does not have same tech :coffee:

bro i got it but not a strong point.if it was right then every navy should go for buying cutters.only the nigeria ,philipine and the BN buy cutter but none.its cheap that the only plus point for a navy. there is a hollywood movie named ' a perfect storm'. hope you saw that movie or you can check it in youtube.that movie has extensive use of cutter and its mission. cutter is a coast guart ship mainly purposed for the search and resque mission. this is the only goal for a cutter .now a days for anti piracy the oil tankers are similarly armed with .50 cal.i told you if u set armanent and new radar and electronics to a large fishing trawler can act as a frigate.still my point is right.yeah btw cutter and a frigate is not a match too eighter.but yeah as your point its cheap .so in that case it is ok :). if the cutter was all solution then BN will go for the more cutters. i like the ship look and displacement and its opeartion range.its gigantic . but i think BN should go for more korean frigate rather than the chinese or cutter. still f25 is our pride and will near future too. i personaly like the cutter. i wish we buy more cutters when us goastguard is decommissioning some and its cheap,but for our coast guard not for teh navy.bd is country of natural disaster.we face the cyclone rather than anyone. a cutter is the best choice for its mission and goal search and resque.bn should go for more ulsan class or other korean frigate.country defence and saving money by cutter doesnt match.when others are trying to get more advance ships and technology even they are too costly.still b52 bomber is useful no shotdown record. but us go for b2 bomber.so everytime cheap is not good!:) specialy when its a matter of country defence . my conclusion is cutter is the best for the coasguard and non effective for the navy.navy need more muscle

Back
Top Bottom