What's new

Bangladesh Navy

overkill and cost.

let’s start with the 6 new build frigates first.

also new build submarines.

that alone will keep BN busy and the budget allocated for the foreseeable future.
You are right, but AD for naval ships seems very lacking. There should be a plan for HQ-16 at the minimum on ships like Pakistan is getting.

You are right, but AD for naval ships seems very lacking. There should be a plan for HQ-16 at the minimum on ships like Pakistan is getting.

BD budget is limited man.

A little more than 3 billion per year.

They can certainly go up but choose to allocate to other areas which long term makes a good deal of sense.

Any word on when the 2 AW159 or the 2 new Dorniers will be delivered?

img-80e74a9602e9184d03179f05f9ba6326.jpg

any possibility of 052DDG going to BD navy?
For now, I believe BN is focusing on anti sub choppers & indigenous frigate & type 56 corvette production.
Although I have heard that post 2025, BN MIGHT focus their attention on procuring destroyers.But imo it'll be at least 2030 till we see destroyers in BN.Type 52 would be an excellent addition in this regard.
Although it might seem far-fetched to some, I have faith in BN.They're the most capable of our armed forces & unlike BAF, they're also led by visionary leaders.

For now, I believe BN is focusing on anti sub choppers & indigenous frigate & type 56 corvette production.
Although I have heard that post 2025, BN MIGHT focus their attention on procuring destroyers.But imo it'll be at least 2030 till we see destroyers in BN.Type 52 would be an excellent addition in this regard.
Although it might seem far-fetched to some, I have faith in BN.They're the most capable of our armed forces & unlike BAF, they're also led by visionary leaders.
The BAF had not done any meaningful procurement, stuck with less than a dozen of 4th gen fighter.i dobt think its anything to do w8th the leadership, Are the BN high command prioritize funds for more naval vessels instead of fighters?

Back
Top Bottom