What's new

Bangladesh Navy

i understand you well. some can't give the answer because they have no source .well you are true,the point sam like fm-90 or fm -90n cant give an edge.but can be useful for the low flying object or less speedy fling object like helicopter,UAV or mig-21s.for to intercept fighter like rafael,su-30mki,or advance migs or mirrage-2000 we need better radar and long range high altitude sams.and we are on it.the fighter vs a sam is a good game play. anyone can be a winner.the fighter has the edge more.but if the sam operators are tricky they will win. it all depends on radar on/off playing
AND that feeds in into just what I have typed.

The HQ-9 is part of an ADGE..and no ADGE in the world is ever full-proof.

Although if you really want to discuss the nitty gritties involved your best bet is tagging Oscar Sir, Gambit or Sancho and waiting for a reply.

If, what BDforever said is true and if the two Type-53H2 Jianghu III really did arrive (I highly doubt though), then the F-22B you are talking about has arrived. Type-53H2 is F-22B.

Type-53H2 is indeed the Jianghu III. However, if F-22B refers to a BN version of F-22P to PN, then F-22B certainly is a much different ship from Type 53H2.

Do you have any idea modern days SAM system can engage with how much aircraft ? Do you know Modern days SAM system also has anti-missile features ? what do you think SAM is anti air gun system ?

Previous poster Zarvan has a valid point: in the absense of carrier aviation, ships not operating under cover of land based aircraft are vulnerable (and such cover requires quite some numbers of aircraft to be effective)

Type-53H2 is indeed the Jianghu III. However, if F-22B refers to a BN version of F-22P to PN, then F-22B certainly is a much different ship from Type 53H2.

Well, you can not be certain about anything in Bangladesh Defense. It is hard to tell what the F-22B stands for. However, F-22B is a Bangladesh naval program under which two guided missile frigate are to be procured. The ships can be off-the-shelf or brand new. The ships that have gone through evaluation are: 1. The Lupo class, 2. Ulsan Class, 3. Type-053H3 class, 4. Type-053H2G class, and 4. Type-053H2 class. Three variants of Type-053 has been evaluated and finally the government has gone for off-the-shelf Type-053H2.

What is the current missile inventory of BN?

C-802A,ottomat(some sources state it is mk 2 while others state mk 2 VI),C-704,silkworm,FM-90.
A future possible missile addition may include the c-803 IF all the sources about our future 3 frigates armanments our true.However i believe we have no missile with a range of 200km

C-802A,ottomat(some sources state it is mk 2 while others state mk 2 VI),C-704,silkworm,FM-90.
A future possible missile addition may include the c-803 IF all the sources about our future 3 frigates armanments our true.However i believe we have no missile with a range of 200km

I see Ruskies and the Chinese mostly. Who is the major arms supplies of Bangladesh. The Bear, the eagle or the Chinese ? :coffee:

yeah we are the tiger and the panda and the bear suit us well because they are all forrest buddies . eagle is just a bird . no exact match with the tiger :rofl:
IMO you should have parts from all of them. Kinda super animal had a mutation that's above than all :P

but soon youwill see the missile over 200 km both in air and the sea .c-803 and the hq -9

Otomat Mk 2 Block IV (which is fitted on BNS BB) has 250km range :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom