What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Sorry brother - these Navy guys are holding the Turkish flag upside down. Our apologies.
There is a meaning to holding the Turkish flag upside down. If the navy personnel knew what it meant and it was done on purpose, it's fine, it's a nice detail. (The upside down flag mostly opened during war or war preparation times for the Turks. It signifies unity and integrity. This is quite an ancient tradition.)
If you notice, both flags are up side down (Red circle on BD flag sits left of centre when upright). This was done on purpose as part of some customary manoeuvres.

If you notice, both flags are up side down (Red circle on BD flag sits left of centre when upright). This was done on purpose as part of some customary manoeuvres.

Yeah maybe. I am not familiar with any flag-orientation related crypto-messaging....other than what brother @dBSPL mentioned for Turkish flag.

Gossip of China is building a new sub facility for Bangladesh to accommodate a 039 or S20?

60212342ly1h7hp0qhs12j20zk0k076x.jpg

Gossip of China is building a new sub facility for Bangladesh to accommodate a 039 or S20?

View attachment 889370

It is not a gossip. China is assisting in building a submarine base. They will house the 2 submarines we have.

BN plans to acquire 4 more subs. Where they would come from is not clear however I would say chinese subs are the most likely possibility.

What happened to the project of building our own frigates ?

I guess Indians put a stop to that plan too ?

Thank You Hasina and all the Indian fifth columnists in Bangladesh and in this PDF subsection.

It is not a gossip. China is assisting in building a submarine base. They will house the 2 submarines we have.

BN plans to acquire 4 more subs. Where they would come from is not clear however I would say chinese subs are the most likely possibility.

I think we can kiss that one good bye too, if Indians have their way.

I will believe it when I see the new subs in Bangladesh waters....

What happened to the project of building our own frigates ?

I guess Indians put a stop to that plan too ?

Thank You Hasina and all the Indian fifth columnists in Bangladesh and in this PDF subsection.

I think we can kiss that one good bye too, if Indians have their way.

I will believe it when I see the new subs in Bangladesh waters....

Frigate project is on hold for now.

Int'l Fleet Review underway in Bangladesh beach city of Cox's Bazaar...

Bangladesh to organize 1st-ever fleet review to boost naval diplomacy​

Members of naval forces, coast guards of 28 countries will participate in 4-day review in Bangladesh’s southern Bay of Bengal​

Md. Kamruzzaman |05.12.2022

Bangladesh to organize 1st-ever fleet review to boost naval diplomacy

Photo Source: official website of Bangladesh Navy

DHAKA, Bangladesh
Bangladesh for the first time will organiza a four-day International Fleet Review (IFR) to be launched on Tuesday on the southern Bay of Bengal in the border district of Cox’s Bazar, according to an official source of the navy.

“IFR 2022, organized by Bangladesh Navy, intends to promote goodwill, strengthen cooperation, and showcase Bangladesh Navy’s organizational capabilities,” according to a statement by the navy published on its official site.

Underlining the first-ever IFR as a great opportunity for Bangladesh, the statement added that through this fleet review, the country's navy will interact with other navies in Bangladeshi waters, exert naval diplomacy, and promote tourism.

This program will have a great impact on socio-economic and infrastructural development in the coastal areas of Bangladesh, the statement said and added that the arrangement has been planned to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of the Independence of Bangladesh.

Speaking to Anadolu Agency, a commander in the navy, on condition of anonymity as he is not the authorized person to talk to media, said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will formally inaugurate the fleet review, with the participation of members of navies and coast guards of 28 countries, including Türkiye, the US, UK, Germany, Italy, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Korea, Indonesia, and the Netherlands.

The event includes a beach parade, glimpses of the activities of special forces, and the fleet review, he added.

Where does BD buy their new Dornier 228 from ? India as one of license manufacturers of the plane, or directly from German as OEM ?

I see other German aerospace company has bought previous Dornier manufacturer company

Where does BD buy their new Dornier 228 from ? India as one of license manufacturers of the plane, or directly from German as OEM ?

I see other German aerospace company has bought previous Dornier manufacturer company

Manufactured in Germany with some components outsourced to India.

Bangladesh buys Marine Patrol Do 228 NGs (New generation with newer engine and five blade props) directly from RUAG Germany where integration of all flying surfaces, engines and avionics/instrumentation takes place. Fuselage components and flying surfaces probably come from HAL, as RUAG is a very small operation of less than 500 employees.

The latest delivery of the newest Do-228NG for Bangladesh Coast Guard was completed under General Atomics.

Last edited:
Six High Speed 18M BV class Aluminum Alloy Hull Patrol Boats were built at DEW recently from US prototype plans for our Coast Guard. This is rather significant because these are equipped with dual waterjets and do earn their moniker as "high speed" at 30 knots cruise. However these are mainly for riverine fisheries patrol, not armed interdiction missions for smugglers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom