What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Watching the ship in the photos I wonder if our Coastguard needs this kind of ships considering the scope of their duties. PL-71 is too large for Coast Guard. But, anyway, it has been always our policy to direct all our assets such as Coast Gurad, Police, Ansars, and VDP to one end. That is to train all for an eventuality of war.
Just 1,285 tons standard . Many OPVs these days are around 2000 tons....

Ex-Italian Minerva class corvette
Displacement: 1,285 tons std
Length: 87 m
Beam: 10.5 m
Draught: 3.2–4.8 m

Ex-UK Castle class OPV
Displacement: 1,427 tons full load
Length: 75 m (overall)
Beam: 11.51 m
Draught: 3.43 m

Type 056 corvette
Displacement: 1,500 tons fld
Length: 90 m
Beam: 11.14 m
Draught: 4.0 m

for the moment they have the Coast Guard colors, in the future who knows !

1470459665.jpg

1470460662.jpg
Photos photos lobito 1971/naviermmatori
August 4, 2016 in La Spezia (Italy ) held a ceremony of handing over of Bangladesh Coast Guard two former Italian corvettes Minerva F 551 and F 558 Sibilla, rebuilt in the patrol ships and received a new name Bangladesh Syed Nazrul PL 71 and PL 72 Tajuddin. Bangladeshi ships of this type are named in honor of the leaders of the struggle for the independence of Bangladesh, " Awami League " , executed after the coup of August 15, 1975 , and, accordingly , are indicated in Bangladesh as the type of Leader. These ships were the largest units of the Coast Guard Bangladesh.

I am a Bangladeshi Jew :)
You joking? Really? That's first time... I never met a Jewish person in my life... although that will change within next month. But seriously you're Jew? Like how? Bangladesh doesn't even recognize the religion present in Bangladesh does it?

The Bangladeshi navy is our best component of the tri-services. However, we need to invest in other units of the armed forces, especially the air force when in modern times, aerial warfare is becoming more mainstream than frontal ground or naval warfare.

The Bangladeshi navy is our best component of the tri-services. However, we need to invest in other units of the armed forces, especially the air force when in modern times, aerial warfare is becoming more mainstream than frontal ground or naval warfare.
True. And we should start by improving air wing of the navy.... adding fighter jets to the navy will boost our air defense a lot.

Our navy capabilities are mainly limlited to surface to surface.

I would like to see Ships that can take on 4th generation fighters and win. And sink any submarines that comes near.

I would like to see Ships that can take on 4th generation fighters and win. And sink any submarines that comes near.
You're asking for a ship we already have... sans the sub chase capability. What I am worried about is numbers... not a good day for ship with too many aerial hostiles

We will need type 52D destroyer or at least type 54A frigate to achieve that kind of capabilities. Right now our AAW is very limited and defence against ASM is too limited.

You joking? Really? That's first time... I never met a Jewish person in my life... although that will change within next month. But seriously you're Jew? Like how? Bangladesh doesn't even recognize the religion present in Bangladesh does it?

What? BD does not recognise Jews!!!!! You probably mean BD does not recognise the state of Israel and has no diplomatic relations with it.

Jews does not equal Israel and vice versa.

BD has no issues with the Jewish religion.

No
What? BD does not recognise Jews!!!!! You probably mean BD does not recognise the state of Israel and has no diplomatic relations with it.

Jews does not equal Israel and vice versa.

BD has no issues with the Jewish religion.
no I meant... Bangladesh govt certainly don't recognize having Jewish nationals on their record... else it would have been represented

No

no I meant... Bangladesh govt certainly don't recognize having Jewish nationals on their record... else it would have been represented

Bangladesh does not restrict anybody to declare their religion whatever it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom