What's new

Bangladesh Navy is to get two Jianghu III class Guided Missile Frigates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i am not wrong there is not much difference between 053H2G frigate and f22 ?

F22 generally reffers to Type53H3 Jianwei II class frigate. Yes, both the ship looks the same. Specs are almost same, except for armament. Type53H2G Jianwei I are originally equiped with 6xC-801 AShMs and 6xHQ-61 SAM. However, Bangladesh navy is not buying them as it is. Both Bangladesh air force and navy already operates FM-90N, Bangladesh navy operates C-802A in existing frigates and shore based lounchers. That suggests that the ships will be upgraded to carry same munitions and missiles. So, in that manner you may call it F-22B as well.

F22 generally reffers to Type53H3 Jianwei II class frigate. Yes, both the ship looks the same. Specs are almost same, except for armament. Type53H2G Jianwei I are originally equiped with 6xC-801 AShMs and 6xHQ-61 SAM. However, Bangladesh navy is not buying them as it is. Both Bangladesh air force and navy already operates FM-90N, Bangladesh navy operates C-802A in existing frigates and shore based lounchers. That suggests that the ships will be upgraded to carry same munitions and missiles. So, in that manner you may call it F-22B as well.

Just curious...is it possible to install C-803 or C-805 instead of C-802 or if possible what are the obstacles? I read that C-803 has a range of 350km and C-805 has 500km, achieving a range of 500km is satisfactory for BD at this moment.

Just curious...is it possible to install C-803 or C-805 instead of C-802 or if possible what are the obstacles? I read that C-803 has a range of 350km and C-805 has 500km, achieving a range of 500km is satisfactory for BD at this moment.

We do not need C-803 or C-805. Bangladesh millitary is a defensive force not an offensive one. For a defensive force, C-802A with 180km effective range is good enough. Besides, no ship ever fired a missile to any enemy ship at that range. C-803/c-805 are multiporpose missiles (anti ship and land attack).

If you really want to know, then the constrains are the radars onboard most of the light frigates (1500 - 2800 tonnes). They are mostly capable of 75 to 350 km. The ships needs major refits in this regards to fire C-803. C-805 is out of the question, it needs type 344 fire control radar.

Bangladesh navy with long range missiles? Dada india will not like it

Bangladesh Navy Type 53H2G also called Type 56 (Jianwei 1) class FFG originally looks like the following. Please note that the two ships BN is getting are 540 and 541:

541.jpg

542.jpg

64594abe5db02ebc90769cc644b1_grande.jpg

I wonder if the Type-53H2G front/back deck can be modified to arrange for a helipad.

Type 53H2 Jianghu III are to be transfered to Bangladesh navy may possibly refitted accordingly:

Specification and Refit:

Displacement – 2,000 tons (full load)
Speed - 27 knots
Crew - 190

Electronics:
ZKJ-4B (development of Thomson-CSF TAVITAC information processing system, with reported speed of > 1 MPBS)
Data link: HN-900 (Chinese equivalent of Link 11A/B, to be upgraded)
Communication: SNTI-240 SATCOM

Radar/Sonar:
Thomson-CSF TSR 3004 (DRBV-15) Sea Tiger air/surface radar, E/F band
Type 360S (SR60) air/surface radar, E/F band
Type 517 (REL-1/2) long-range 2D air search radar
Type 362 (ESR-1) low-altitude 3D air/surface search radar, I-band
Type 345 (MR35) fire-control radar for HQ-7 Surface-to-air missile system, J-band
Type 344 (MR34) fire-control radar for C-802A 8x SSM and 100 mm gun, I/J band
2 x Type 347 Rice Lamp fire-control radar for 37 mm AA guns, I-band
2 x Racal RM-1290 navigation radar, I-band
DUBV-23 (SJD-8) medium-frequency hull-mounted radar

Armament:

4 x quad C-802A AShM box launchers
1 x 8-cell HQ-7 SAM with 8 ready to fire missiles
1 x Type H/PJ33A dual 100 mm/56 caliber gun
4 x Type H/PJ76A dual 37 mm AA guns
2 x 324 mm torpedo tubes for A244/s mod.3 torpedo
2 x 5-tube Type 81 ASW rocket launcher (30 rounds)

Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures:
Type 984-1 ECM 'X' band jammer (transmitter)
Type 984-4 ECM 'X' band jammer (receiver)
Type 928A ESM
Type 946 15-barrel chaff/decoy launcher
Radar warning receiver

Helicopter:
1 x Harbin Z-9C
it is 053h3.

052h2 is older and equipt with:
8 x YJ-8 or YJ-82 SSM, 2 x Type 79A dual-100 mm gun ,4 x Type 76 dual-37 mm AA guns, 2 x 5-tube Type 81 ASW rocket launcher (30 rounds), 4 x Type 64 DC projectors 2 x DC racks 2 x Mk-36RBOC 6-barrel decoy rocket launchers

it is 053h3.

052h2 is older and equipt with:
8 x YJ-8 or YJ-82 SSM, 2 x Type 79A dual-100 mm gun ,4 x Type 76 dual-37 mm AA guns, 2 x 5-tube Type 81 ASW rocket launcher (30 rounds), 4 x Type 64 DC projectors 2 x DC racks 2 x Mk-36RBOC 6-barrel decoy rocket launchers

Actually, The ships that the BN is getting are two Type 053H2G. They will be modified as quoted and will look like after modification as in post # 22.

Bangladesh navy with long range missiles? Dada india will not like it

Dada india didn't like the test fire of C-801/2 missiles but we did it...didn't we? I read an indian strategist article on our missile test where that stupid told that BD didn't even ask india before launching missile program (actually it was launched with direct presence of Chinese experts and BD didn't care at all). One funny opinion of that fat head was that BN missile test fire was targeted for india.

please forgive me for asking, why really you need military spending at that level? since your liberation you are free from the Indian obsession we Pakistanis have.
secondly Indians are your liberators and guardians.

do you expect an attack from Sri Lanka or Maldives?

Dada india didn't like the test fire of C-801/2 missiles but we did it...didn't we? I read an indian strategist article on our missile test where that stupid told that BD didn't even ask india before launching missile program (actually it was launched with direct presence of Chinese experts and BD didn't care at all). One funny opinion of that fat head was that BN missile test fire was targeted for india.

It is customary to let your neighbor know before test fire long range missiles. But I dont think C-802 has the range to warrant that action
By the way most myanmar frigates are fitted with C-803. So C-803 can be fitted in our new frigates as well i guess.

please forgive me for asking, why really you need military spending at that level? since your liberation you are free from the Indian obsession we Pakistanis have.

You are right, we are basically spending only 1% of our GDP in defence and that is due to the fact that we dont have imminent threat. We only have irritant with India and Myanmar but not to the level which can draw a war. But ofcourse BD wants some sort of power projection in the future.

Well...with time relation changes, right? US people once with sheer hatred to British even dumped all teas in their lakes after their liberation, they are now best allies.

What makes you think they are our guardians, if you are trying to insult us by way of kidding that's up to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom